Game III teams

yeah as much as i despise klemmer and worship cp13 i thought klemmers response was pretty much what was deserved

Exactly, whatever you think of the NSW tactics there at the end....the glaring thing for me was the lack of response from our guys. There's 5 mins to go in the game, just flatten the ****.

Jackson hit with a Grade 2 charge. Will miss 2 games if he takes the early guilty.

Lewis, Frizell or Sims would be the obviously replacements, probably in that order IMO

Except that Daley has weighed into the debate and said he thinks it should be downgraded based on other influences in the tackle.
**** I hate these *****, it's almost back to the old days the way they get their way. A united public media campaign to pressure the refs leading into O2, Patton in the Vid ref box and now Daley trying to put pressure on the judiciary for a downgrade.

Damn I hope Cronk plays. He and Smith keep the momentum going, in defence and attack, and the partnership between Cronk and Thurston, and Cronk and Smith, was conspicuously, and detrimentally absent last game. Cronk and Smith glue this side together without the distraction of an out-of-place DCE.

This is one reason why Napa should play in Game 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see someone do that to gallen in game 3.

Honestly between Jackson, Lewis, Frizzell and T. Sims, none of them worry me.

Lewis in particular has always been overrated in this arena. At Test level, he's generally one of the Australian's best but at this level he's generally struggled to make an impact. The only game of his I remember being close to his Test form was Game I 2013 when he ran riot against Harrison and an underdone JT.

Outside of that, he made a good cameo in Game II 2011 but nothing I'd consider spectacular.

Honestly between Jackson, Lewis, Frizzell and T. Sims, none of them worry me.

Lewis in particular has always been overrated in this arena. At Test level, he's generally one of the Australian's best but at this level he's generally struggled to make an impact. The only game of his I remember being close to his Test form was Game I 2013 when he ran riot against Harrison and an underdone JT.

Outside of that, he made a good cameo in Game II 2011 but nothing I'd consider spectacular.

And scored a try while technically being out-of-play (merely weeks after the crack-down was announced about being out-of-play if you're in front of the PTB when it's played). IIRC.

Well we know that Hodgo doesn't think Ben is ready for origin yet. I can't say I agree as I think he can be more of a game breaker and direct runner. DCE is more in the mold of JT but not nearly as good... but then again who is?
Origin time not right for Hunt: Hodges

I find it a little sad that there is hardly any talk of this being the last game Hodges will play for QLD.

In recent years, whenever a QLD legend was retiring, it was all over the media throughout Origin and especially in the weeks before Game 3. This year, I haven't heard much.

Yeah I can't say I agree with Hodgo for once either.

I find it a little sad that there is hardly any talk of this being the last game Hodges will play for QLD.

In recent years, whenever a QLD legend was retiring, it was all over the media throughout Origin and especially in the weeks before Game 3. This year, I haven't heard much.

Get ready for all the media hype around it when Mal officially announces the team for game 3.

It'll be sad to see Hodgo hang up the rep boots ... he's been awesome for us as we all know.

To be fair to the media, you're comparing Justin Hodges to Darren Lockyer & Petero Civoniceiva.

Both had better Origin careers than Hodgo and I still think on some level his Origin career is remembered for his debut.

To be fair to Hodges, he's done extremely well to bounce back from that and he'll go down as one of the best centres Queensland has ever produced. Hopefully he gets a better send off than Mal.

I really don't mind considering how he was pretty bad in Game 2.

He's shit so I don't mind but let's talk about the real protected species here in our sport.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • mrslong
  • Jazza
  • Painin the Haas
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • Nerd
  • simplythebest
  • Manofoneway
  • Behold
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tim K
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.