Game III teams

Yeah, Gagai is ready for Origin. I'd like to see Papa and Napa so if Lillyman could pick up some sort of strain, that would be good.

Napa has to come in. Papalii isn't a prop.

gagai made a few Broncos look pretty ordinary a few times tonight. He's definitely ready for a big game in origin

Oh I agree. Napa>Papa>Daylight>McQueen

CherryEvans is looking ordinary again tonight against Souths. He was pretty bad last year too. Mostly riding on the back of Lyon and Stewart. Edit: Forgot Foran.
DCE is doing what he did in Origin and passing as soon as he gets the ball. No pressure on the defence. Creating nothing.

Hunt is much better the DCE.

Last edited:
I think if I was in charge of picking the team, and we had to win at all costs, disregarding future plans, this is who I'd pick.

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Hodges
5. Gagai
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Guerra
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Thaiday
16. Papalii
17. Napa

I have not seen much of Papalii this year. How have his meters per game been going? I certainly think Corbin Sims should come in for consideration. We really need some hard hitters in ther eg Napa, Sims. Someone who might be able to put Gallon and Klemmer on their backsides.

I'd have Oates over Gagai. Nothing too wrong with Dane but his defence is nowhere near as good as Corey's (just ask Gavin Cooper), and Oates carries the ball back like he was bitten by a radioactive Dan Vidot and got super powers.

I'd have Oates over Gagai. Nothing too wrong with Dane but his defence is nowhere near as good as Corey's (just ask Gavin Cooper), and Oates carries the ball back like he was bitten by a radioactive Dan Vidot and got super powers.

One of them had an excellent wingers game last night and the other was Dane Gagai. I'd even name Gagai but give Oates a bench spot so he can score his obligatory try. Cronk, Thurston and Smith need to stay on for 80 minutes and DCE brings absolutely nothing off the bench. When he comes on it seems more like we're attempting to protect a lead instead of trying to score points.

One of them had an excellent wingers game last night and the other was Dane Gagai. I'd even name Gagai but give Oates a bench spot so he can score his obligatory try. Cronk, Thurston and Smith need to stay on for 80 minutes and DCE brings absolutely nothing off the bench. When he comes on it seems more like we're attempting to protect a lead instead of trying to score points.

Completely agree. There is a lot of benefit to bringing Oates on to the bench now McG has gone down. I think it also makes a case unfortunately for Lillyman to stay in the side as he is experienced.

Also, aren't Hodges, Gagai and Chambers all right centres? Who goes left if GI is fullback which he no doubt will be?

I doubt Lillyman is going to get dropped now that McGuire is out. He was pretty bad in Origin 2 though. I'd seriously just have Napa and Papalii in for him and McGuire.

I'd go for this bench -
Gillet
Napa
Papali
Oates

Lillyman and dce offer nothing and Oates can be the "utility".

DCE will have to be there now with the injury cloud over Cronk.

Napa to cover Moose would be my pick.

Mal mentioned that the medical staff have said Cronk will be fine for Game 3.

He has been ruled out of the Bulldogs game, but he wasn't far off.

He will be named when they announce the squad.

Papalii could also come in ahead of Napa. Mal may go with experience.

Last edited:
Mal hasn't shown himself to be a big risk taker, so I think it'll be Papalli, he already has origin experience.

More big bodies and more minutes for all, run without a utility.

This. We used to go with monster packs and NSW had athletes. We need 4 big bodies on the bench.

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Hodges
4. Gagai/Chambers
5. Gagai/Chambers
6. JT
7.Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Guerra
13. Parker

14. Papalii
15. Napa
16. Lillyman
17. Gillett

If Cronk or JT go down we're screwed regardless. It's not like DCE's history of coming on for an injured half inspires confidence, and Morgan has done, by my estimation, absolutely nothing in his two origin games to justify re-selection. I'd pick Hunt, but we all know that that isn't going to happen for whatever reason (even though he was great in his tests).

pete badel @badel_cmail now1 minute ago
Breaking: josh papalii has edged out dylan napa for the origin decider. Hearing morgan a big chance to be bench utility ahead of DCE

I really hope Papalii isnt going to be expected to play prop. Hes a fantastic wide running backrower but hes not a prop.

Unread

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Tim K
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Nerd
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • marw
  • big k
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.