Game III teams

DCE is out.

Morgan is the bench utility.

What is Morgan going to do?

When's the last time a utility broke the game open for us during a tight match? It doesn't happen with the level of defence these days. Inglis was stopped short of the line three times when in the past he would have bagged a hat trick.

DCE did in game 3 last year just before half time.

I do think Mal has been losing it a bit in recent years...or maybe it's Hagan, since I noticed we've started going downhill after Henry quit as assistant, and Hagan has been pretty rubbish as a QLD coach.

I don't agree with the 4 forwards off the bench thing either, it's just not needed. In the best case scenario, you have the 3 best bench forwards, and adding a 4th gives the shittiest forward in the team minutes and takes away from the better ones.

On the other hand, a utility has to make sense too. Someone who can defend in the middle and provide some kind of spark too. In a perfect world, it would be someone like Craig Wing, which is James Segeyaro for us, but he's injured. Otherwise, it should be Hunt - he's defended in the middle before, and he's tough enough to match it with the forwards. Can cover injuries for a few positions and his running game is good enough to make something happen too.

I think Morgan is a mistake, he was ordinary in game 1, horrendous in game 2, never really defended in the middle either.

QLD Game 3 team.

1. Greg Inglis
2. Darius Boyd
3. Will Chambers
4. Justin Hodges
5. Dane Gagai
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Matthew Scott
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Nate Myles
11. Aidan Guerra
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Michael Morgan
15. Josh Papalii
16. Matt Gillett
17. Jacob Lillyman

Edrick Lee 18th man by the looks of it.

XXXX Maroons Game 3 team - QRL

Mal Meninga before he knew the mics were turned on: "What's his name? Dobbo.... He got everything right. Who's the leak?"

There's a first time for everything.

QLD Game 3 team.

1. Greg Inglis
2. Darius Boyd
3. Will Chambers
4. Justin Hodges
5. Dane Gagai
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Matthew Scott
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Nate Myles
11. Aidan Guerra
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Michael Morgan
15. Josh Papalii
16. Matt Gillett
17. Jacob Lillyman

Edrick Lee 18th man by the looks of it.

XXXX Maroons Game 3 team - QRL

Holy ****. Pray to god that none of our backline are unavailable.

Morgan>DCE. Really...? If Inglis goes down at 1, are we gonna put Morgan back there? No.

If Thurston or Cronk goes down, is Morgan the man? **** no. He barely knows how to play half back for the Cowboys.

Then again, Cronk is back, playing that instinctive role off the back of Cam Smith.

We will win.

All the Morgan hate is mind boggling, if Hunt was selected he would have to come on for Smith Cronk or Thurston or come on when all 3 are still there and wouldn't get near the ball when he wants it so it's just as stupid having him on the bench.

If Mal wants Morgan or any utility on the bench then it's up to Mal and the coaching staff to play them in a manner to have an impact otherwise just pick another forward if they are going to use Morgan to give someone a rest.

Gagai is the one who worries me more than anyone, the guy has a massive **** up or 2 in him and can't tackle.

Edrick Lee is a favour from Mal to Ricky for some reason, obviously.

No DCE, so I'm happy. I would've preferred Napa over Lillyman, but that's not a big deal.

More importantly, Cronk is back!

Good for dce, he wont have to worry about a season ending injury and can play for Manly this week.

All the Morgan hate is mind boggling, if Hunt was selected he would have to come on for Smith Cronk or Thurston or come on when all 3 are still there and wouldn't get near the ball when he wants it so it's just as stupid having him on the bench.

If Mal wants Morgan or any utility on the bench then it's up to Mal and the coaching staff to play them in a manner to have an impact otherwise just pick another forward if they are going to use Morgan to give someone a rest.

Gagai is the one who worries me more than anyone, the guy has a massive **** up or 2 in him and can't tackle.

To be clear, I don't want any utility, I want 4 forwards.

But I'm interested to know more about what you have said. If you criticise the calls for hunt based on 'where would he play' tell me exactly outside of injury where would morgan play to any decent affect?

Morgan has done absolutely nothing from that position over the first two games and that is the only reason there is any 'hate'

Good for dce, he wont have to worry about a season ending injury and can play for Manly this week.

DCE would have to make a tackle or go anywhere near the line to have a high chance of picking up an injury anyway.

To be clear, I don't want any utility, I want 4 forwards.

But I'm interested to know more about what you have said. If you criticise the calls for hunt based on 'where would he play' tell me exactly outside of injury where would morgan play to any decent affect?

Morgan has done absolutely nothing from that position over the first two games and that is the only reason there is any 'hate'

Morgan has done exactly what Mal has asked him to do from what I can see, it's up to the coaching staff to use him or Hunt or any other sub properly.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Allo
  • Aldo
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.