Game III teams

Confirmation that Farah has a fractured hand. In serious doubt for game 3. Ennis on standby apparently

I really don't like that. Morgan is no bench utility. We either have a genuine bench utility or role with 4 big guys. This is a big mistake IMHO

If Cronk or JT go down we're screwed regardless. It's not like DCE's history of coming on for an injured half inspires confidence, and Morgan has done, by my estimation, absolutely nothing in his two origin games to justify re-selection. I'd pick Hunt, but we all know that that isn't going to happen for whatever reason (even though he was great in his tests).

Every bit of this is spot on. So far DCE has proven that he isn't up to playing half at origin level (I would actually not mind him getting the utility spot over morgan, at least he has performed well in that capacity).

Morgan I thought was a ridiculous selection in the first place and in both games has done absolutely nothing, how he is picked again is beyond me.

We should be running with 4 big guys off the bench but if we have to have a utility it must be Hunt. He proved he can play that role brilliantly for a Australia and morgan has proven that he has the ability to wear a maroon jersey and be an amazing passenger.

Rugby League Insider @Shhh_Insider 46s46 seconds ago
QLD TEAM LEAKED: Inglis Boyd Chambers Hodges Gagai Thurston Cronk Scott Smith Myles Guerra Thaiday Parker; Morgan Gillett Lillyman Papalii

Not surprised if that's true, but I don't like only having 1 prop on the bench.

It makes sense, Morgan to continue to play the role of...

Only silver lining, no DCE.

Expected lineup.. I really don't like the lack of oomph off the bench, take off Lillyman for Napa and I think it's the best team we could probably field.

Anyone else notice Jennings headbutted someone on the weekend but absolutely nothing has been said about it?

Anyone else notice Jennings headbutted someone on the weekend but absolutely nothing has been said about it?

Anything in that sky blue jersey is a protected species. Kidley doesn't even play for NSW anymore but did he even get cited for dumping Oates on his head?

Surprise, Surprise. Brooks is unlucky that he isn't in contention for a blues jersey as they probably would have charged the other bloke

Morgan I thought was a ridiculous selection in the first place and in both games has done absolutely nothing, how he is picked again is beyond me.

All on the back of those three tries against us - would he have even come into the equation if the teams were picked a week earlier? Just right place, right time for him.

That's the thing that irks me about this Queensland team, it so often seems like selection is based either on the 'once you're in, you're in' philosophy, or otherwise knee-jerk selections on short bursts of form, which then cycles back to the former.

QLD TEAM LEAKED: Inglis Boyd Chambers Hodges Gagai Thurston Cronk Scott Smith Myles Guerra Thaiday Parker; Morgan Gillett Lillyman Papalii

Our forwards are going to get rolled, I hope Scott has his superman cape at the ready.

All on the back of those three tries against us - would he have even come into the equation if the teams were picked a week earlier? Just right place, right time for him.

That's the thing that irks me about this Queensland team, it so often seems like selection is based either on the 'once you're in, you're in' philosophy, or otherwise knee-jerk selections on short bursts of form, which then cycles back to the former.

This is the exact mindset that brought the Aus cricket team to its knees for a period.

Last edited:

It irks me too, no in fact it down right pisses me off. You can't have both a pick and stick philosphy and a select on run of form mentality, it's one or the other.

Michael Morgan should be no where near an origin jersey yet he is there now and we are stuck with him.

I am very concerned that we are in for some very lean years due to the fact that Mal and the selectors are not adapting. The want to run with the 'tried and tested' but that only works when you have guys that are the best in their position and 4 or 5 future immortals all in the peak of their powers.

didn't mal say he was going to go with a bigger forward pack or something this year?

maybe he was saying it in the same vein as him announcing his election candidacy

What is Morgan going to do?

When's the last time a utility broke the game open for us during a tight match? It doesn't happen with the level of defence these days. Inglis was stopped short of the line three times when in the past he would have bagged a hat trick.

What is Morgan going to do?

When's the last time a utility broke the game open for us during a tight match? It doesn't happen with the level of defence these days. Inglis was stopped short of the line three times when in the past he would have bagged a hat trick.

Hunt did, playing for Australia...

Hunt did, playing for Australia...

Yes, but has Hunt scored 3 tries in one game by running over Milford close to the line? because we all know how important that is, it's not like NSW's defense is good or anything

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • davidp
  • Organix
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lurker
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.