GAME THREE

Discussion in 'State of Origin 2015' started by 1910, Jul 8, 2015.

And these. Different angles.

Shows no attempt at making a tackle and deliberately attacks the legs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gordjw and Cult3 like this.
  1. gordjw

gordjw NRL Player

BTW, for anyone saying that Klemmer came on after the game was over, he actually came on at 8-2.

2. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

James Tamou elbowed Myles in the stomach and then headbutted him at around 62:40. But all the media want to talk about is Gallen pushing his hand into Parker's mouth guard.

3. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

Can we send the headbutt and dog klemmer leg attack to some media outlets or the NRL. Didn't see the klemmer tackle but saw the headbutt. If that had been a nswelshman and not Nate they would probably be rolling around on the floor trying to get a sending off.

4. Don't see an issue. You could argue that in the act of pulling his arms out of the tackle, he's hit the legs.

Maroon glasses will paint a different picture every time.

5. jarro65

jarro65 State of Origin Rep

Looked like a pretty dangerous tackle 'attempt' to me.

One designed to cause harm, rather than bring the player to the ground.

Porthoz likes this.
  6. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

Blue glasses seem to be blind to thuggery. Late hits on JT generally have him taken out higher than his knees. He never made any attempt to legitimately tackle Thurston. Why would a 6ft 6" bloke be tackling somebody JT's size that low, unless he was trying to take him out.

Dexter likes this.
  7. gordjw

gordjw NRL Player

I don't think it's illegal, but it's pretty clear he was only trying to hurt JT. There's no other reason to 'tackle' like that.

What an arsehole.

Porthoz likes this.
  8. I don't know... surely there is something in the rule book about this type of dangerous tackle?

Graham got a fair few weeks on the side line when he took out Adam Reynold's legs, and there was no purpose in it like this. Of course, Reynold's was kicking, which is not the case with Thurston here.

9. gordjw

gordjw NRL Player

I agree with everything you said. At the time, I was arguing that Graham's tackle shouldn't have been a penalty, and this is far worse. It'd be interesting to see what constitutes a cannonball tackle too.

I think the difference is the kicking, afaik you're pretty much fair game unless you try to kick the ball, which is quite arbitrary.

Porthoz likes this.
  10. A cannonball is when a defender spears dangerously at the legs of a player in a vulnerable position. When they are being held up by other defenders.

I don't think it qualifies as a cannonball. I don't think you could say Thurston was in a vulnerable position.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  11. gordjw

gordjw NRL Player

Yeah it doesn't really fall neatly into any foul play rules.

12. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

So according to kevvie what Thurston said to Pearce was "you're the worst halfback ever to play for NSW and the only way you're gonna get you hands on the shield is if you go and touch the one Wally is holding out the front"

Gold.

Je$ter, Nashy, Black Philip and 5 others like this.
  13. CaptainHook

CaptainHook NRL Player

Haha - that is Gold. I was reading in the CM that Thurston was also giving it to him after Pearce was sledging him in the first two games. Incredible, Pearce allegedly said JT was too old and was a has-been.

Hey Mitch, I'd still take a has-been over a never-was been any day.

14. Best quote from NSW I've read so far about this game:

Nashy likes this.
  15. Yeah, he was giving it to him all night. Take a look at Thurston after Chambers scores.

[​IMG]

morethenjack and Cult3 like this.
  16. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

More than that he invited him to bring his phone out the front and I'll take a photo of you and the shield with Wally. At full time he was shouting in the Queensland huddle too f... old too f....old.

Harry Sack, Foordy and Porthoz like this.
  17. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

Haha really? That is awesome. What a legend. That's what happens when you disrespect a champion.

18. Yeah, I heard that.

Someone else was saying it as well. Too old, too slow. Not sure who, it didn't sound like Thurston.

Ay yo lesson here Mitchell... you come at the king, you best not miss

Nashy likes this.