GAME THREE

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I found this interesting.

In the pre-game intro, they were talking about Inglis.

Apparently, in that no try in Game 2, he reached a top speed of 39km's, just 5km's off Usain Bolt. It's the fastest he has been in years.

I do remember that actually. As expected, they didn't bother to mention the "oh but it was pulled back because Video Refs". That origin jersey gives him another gear, that's for sure.

OblongPortlyBasilisk.gif

Can someone put this on Twitter? He should be suspended.

Klemmer deliberately trying to injure JT's legs? Pfft, the dude is an angel.

BTW, for anyone saying that Klemmer came on after the game was over, he actually came on at 8-2.

James Tamou elbowed Myles in the stomach and then headbutted him at around 62:40. But all the media want to talk about is Gallen pushing his hand into Parker's mouth guard.

Can we send the headbutt and dog klemmer leg attack to some media outlets or the NRL. Didn't see the klemmer tackle but saw the headbutt. If that had been a nswelshman and not Nate they would probably be rolling around on the floor trying to get a sending off.

Don't see an issue. You could argue that in the act of pulling his arms out of the tackle, he's hit the legs.

Maroon glasses will paint a different picture every time.

Don't see an issue. You could argue that in the act of pulling his arms out of the tackle, he's hit the legs.

Looked like a pretty dangerous tackle 'attempt' to me.

One designed to cause harm, rather than bring the player to the ground.

Blue glasses seem to be blind to thuggery. Late hits on JT generally have him taken out higher than his knees. He never made any attempt to legitimately tackle Thurston. Why would a 6ft 6" bloke be tackling somebody JT's size that low, unless he was trying to take him out.

I don't think it's illegal, but it's pretty clear he was only trying to hurt JT. There's no other reason to 'tackle' like that.

What an arsehole.

I don't think it's illegal, but it's pretty clear he was only trying to hurt JT. There's no other reason to 'tackle' like that.

What an arsehole.
I don't know... surely there is something in the rule book about this type of dangerous tackle?

Graham got a fair few weeks on the side line when he took out Adam Reynold's legs, and there was no purpose in it like this. Of course, Reynold's was kicking, which is not the case with Thurston here.

I don't know... surely there is something in the rule book about this type of dangerous tackle?

Graham got a fair few weeks on the side line when he took out Adam Reynold's legs, and there was no purpose in it like this. Of course, Reynold's was kicking, which is not the case with Thurston here.

I agree with everything you said. At the time, I was arguing that Graham's tackle shouldn't have been a penalty, and this is far worse. It'd be interesting to see what constitutes a cannonball tackle too.

I think the difference is the kicking, afaik you're pretty much fair game unless you try to kick the ball, which is quite arbitrary.

A cannonball is when a defender spears dangerously at the legs of a player in a vulnerable position. When they are being held up by other defenders.

I don't think it qualifies as a cannonball. I don't think you could say Thurston was in a vulnerable position.

Last edited:
A cannonball is when a defender spears dangerously at the legs of a player in a vulnerable position. When they are being held up by other defenders.

I don't think it qualifies as a cannonball. I don't think you could say Thurston was in a vulnerable position.

Yeah it doesn't really fall neatly into any foul play rules.

So according to kevvie what Thurston said to Pearce was "you're the worst halfback ever to play for NSW and the only way you're gonna get you hands on the shield is if you go and touch the one Wally is holding out the front"

Gold.

So according to kevvie what Thurston said to Pearce was "you're the worst halfback ever to play for NSW and the only way you're gonna get you hands on the shield is if you go and touch the one Wally is holding out the front"

Gold.

Haha - that is Gold. I was reading in the CM that Thurston was also giving it to him after Pearce was sledging him in the first two games. Incredible, Pearce allegedly said JT was too old and was a has-been.

Hey Mitch, I'd still take a has-been over a never-was been any day.

Best quote from NSW I've read so far about this game:

An annihilation of biblical proportions which, all up, saw Queensland score eight tries before delivering the ultimate FU in minute 79: A conversion to that retiring Maroon pest who could start arguments in an empty house ... Justin Hodges.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.