Game Two

Ennis is a dirty, whinging piece of shit. Exactly the kind of player NSW wants.

He will play if Farah is out.

Ennis is a dirty, whinging piece of shit. Exactly the kind of player NSW wants.

He will play if Farah is out.

Absolutely. They look at someone like Hodges, whose game is 5% getting under an opponent's skin and 95% being fucking brilliant, only notice the 5% and figure that means they need a bit more aggro and bring in Ennis whose game is 85% niggling bullshit and 15% being bog average. Then they wonder why grubbing it up doesn't work...

NSW are absolutely shot when it comes to hooker.

I'd go with Ennis with a view to play Peats off the bench.

Experience is important and Ennis would be a better player than Reynolds, Pearce, Lichaa or Rein.

You'd have to go with Ennis if you were NSW, sucks to be them if Farah doesn't play, they'll get creamed in Game 2.

Reynolds would be a good choice to come onto the bench if they want a utility.

If Farah doesn't play, I see an early series win. Ennis is a good player, but he niggles far too much and will probably cost them with stupidity. He's still a better option than anyone else, if it's a one game replacement you're after, it's better to go with an experienced player.

Also agree with Fozz, Reynolds would be a good choice on the bench to replace Ennis during the game.

Apparently Fergo is playing tomorrow, interesting.. Probably looking to stake a claim for Origin.

1. Dugan
2. B.Morris
3. Jennings
4. Ferguson
5. J.Morris

Pretty dangerous back line if Bmoz gets fit.

I hope Ennis plays and Myles gets a clean shot at him.

[video]https://youtu.be/V0N7eZMXZM0[/video]

Qld have gotta drop Gillett and pick papalii. That shot he put on mcguire was brilliant, while gillett did his usual hard line run but forgetting to catch the ball, and also bombed a certain try. Im sick of him being a wasted spot in the qld team. Bring in papalii to flatten out a few blues, if nothing else

I hate to agree with Queenslander, but yeah, Gillett hasn't done enough to warrant a starting spot at the Broncos, let alone an origin spot.

While he hasn't been outstanding, Gilette is tried and tested. If good enough for a coach that won 8 series, he is good enough for me. Papali is untried and like all Gilettes team mates, Gilette deserves to stay. Papa and Napa ( Ma n Pa ?) will get a chance if they deserve one or if injury strikes but until then, if it isn't broken it doesn't require fixing.

Gagai is absolutely killing it lately playing from fullback too (although we all know his defence is miserable). Boyd looked severly underdone in origin 1, and along with inglis, were totally outclassed by hodges and chambers making a million hitups each. I wouldnt mind seeing gagai get a run on the wing over boyd, especially if we get to game 3 and we have it won already. I know it wont happen, but after seeing gagai just carve up for weeks on end from the back, it wouldnt be a bad move. He doesnt have to defend much on the wing either and im sure he will get more involved then Boyd and Inglis did.

Last edited:
While he hasn't been outstanding, Gilette is tried and tested. If good enough for a coach that won 8 series, he is good enough for me. Papali is untried and like all Gilettes team mates, Gilette deserves to stay. Papa and Napa ( Ma n Pa ?) will get a chance if they deserve one or if injury strikes but until then, if it isn't broken it doesn't require fixing.

I hate that way of looking at it. Basically you are saying, dont change the team unless we lose, or an injury forces us too? We lost last year! Doesnt that mean its "broken"? Isnt is possible we won 8 years in a row because we had an awesome 13 - 15 players and a few others (taylor, mcqueen, gillett) were being carried? Makes no sense to keep picking them just because its "not broken". We should always be looking for ways to improve, otherwise we will be in a situation where everyone retires and we dont have any players ready to step up.

Gagai is absolutely killing it lately playing from fullback too (although we all know his defence is miserable). Boyd looked severly underdone in origin 1, and along with inglis, were totally outclassed by hodges and chambers making a million hitups each. I wouldnt mind seeing gagai get a run on the wing over boyd, especially if we get to game 3 and we have it won already. I know it wont happen, but after seeing gagai just carve up for weeks on end from the back, it wouldnt be a bad move. He doesnt have to defend much on the wing either and im sure he will get more involved then Boyd and Inglis did.

TBF Gagai has been 'carving up' weak defense, he certainly didn't carve us up and I am pretty confident that NSW defense will be better than ours

I hate that way of looking at it. Basically you are saying, dont change the team unless we lose, or an injury forces us too? We lost last year! Doesnt that mean its "broken"? Isnt is possible we won 8 years in a row because we had an awesome 13 - 15 players and a few others (taylor, mcqueen, gillett) were being carried? Makes no sense to keep picking them just because its "not broken". We should always be looking for ways to improve, otherwise we will be in a situation where everyone retires and we dont have any players ready to step up.

Are you serious? A few years ago fans like you were laughing at NSW because they kept changing their team when they should have been sticking with the same team.

My car runs well with the battery I have in it, of course I could put in a newer battery with a longer life and stronger casing. The car would be marginally improved but it wouldn't run any better so why did I do it ? Look, I totally understand that if you are not improving then you are going backward( although that is open to debate ) The only way everyone retires is if everyone is the same age and all breakdown simultaneously ! We have always had players step up and that will continue. If Ma n Pa are good enough and are required they will get a chance . No good trying to convince me ,ring Mal, at least he can do something about it, I'm happy to leave the team selection and player progressions to him, he has form in that job !

Active Now

• kman
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • maddo
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncoscope
  • theshed
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.