Gareth Widdop

**** it, let's sign Paulo and make him a 5/8.

Um this is the first time in months, have you been watching my posts? I have been answering peoples question and writing my own opinion.

As I have not seen an under 20's games I was seeking some information from who has more knowledge in that area.

This is a forum is it not? People are allowed to ask questions and people are allowed to answer them.

Is that alright with you?

P.S. I have looked for articles on this matter (Broncos young halves coming through) but there aren't many.

Well, I'm not going to look over all your posts to see how many times you've asked people to summarise something in a thread or ask people's opinions on a certain player, when all the answers to your questions are on the previous pages of the thread.

There isn't many people on this forum that religiously watch the Broncos U20 games, so you'd be hard pressed to find a valid insight on that, [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] would probably have the only credible opinion on them.

Well, I'm not going to look over all your posts to see how many times you've asked people to summarise something in a thread or ask people's opinions on a certain player, when all the answers to your questions are on the previous pages of the thread.

There isn't many people on this forum that religiously watch the Broncos U20 games, so you'd be hard pressed to find a valid insight on that, @1910 would probably have the only credible opinion on them.

So am allowed to ask questions on this forum?

I would have loved to have Widdop here. If he truly wanted to play for the club he grew up supporting he would have accepted a reasonable offer. However, you can't deny the guy the right to chase half a million per year. The club would have been crazy to lock up approximately 1/8th of the cap on him.

some mid range player that a team paid massive overs for has one good game verse the worst defensive side in the comp and likely spooners and it turns into bash broncos recruitment thread. righto

some mid range player that a team paid massive overs for has one good game verse the worst defensive side in the comp and likely spooners and it turns into bash broncos recruitment thread. righto

I would hope most people would realize I'm not that kind of poster and didn't intend it to be a bashing thread so I'm sorry about that. I just really rate Widdop.

I would hope most people would realize I'm not that kind of poster and didn't intend it to be a bashing thread so I'm sorry about that. I just really rate Widdop.

I don't think that was directed at you mate.

You mean he's just not that into me??

We cannot win majority of games with Hoffman at 5/8th. Not even the best playmakers can do that, thurston is an example, only now has he got a consistent halfback to help him out and hunt is no thurston. Widdop had only one thing missing, he wasn't a queenslander or else he would have been here in an instant, plus him signing with the dragons was out of know and quick, but he is exactly what we need a 5/8th looking to prove himself.

Let's hope he gets drunk with Dugan and gets moved on and we swoop. No other options are popping up

You mean he's just not that into me??
Maybe it's the bananas... they're a bit of a turn off the way you use them. :laugh:

Widdop at $500K? Could possibly be a great buy for the Dragons, but he wasn't worth that at the time.
Judging him based on a single game against a strong Wooden Spoon candidate isn't realistic either.

Add another reason to bash Gee to the list.

Whats the reason? not paying massive overs for a guy and in turn ensuring we dont have the cap space to sign Milford... yeah, what a mistake. Just think if Gee didn't stuff up we could have a guy ripping through wooden spooners and be comforted by the fact that Milford will be lining up for the titans next year.

I really think Widdop would have been ideal for us but just not for the $$ he got from the Dragons. The Dragons had plenty of cash spare and we did not especially with the Milford and Barba signing popping up and us going for Smith.

I would have been happy for us to sign him, just not on the money the Dragons are reportedly paying him.

although, my judgement on how he goes without the big 3 is still reserved until i see him play a quality side

I thought it was a mistake to not throw the bank at Widdop. In think he has a bigger upside than pretty much anyone with possible exception to DCE. I certainly rate him higher than Cronk for the reason that I think he is a more natural footballer. Cronk gets the job done to his obsessive work ethic but this guy is the real deal on both sides of the ball. The other nice thing is because he is a Brit he still plays during state of origin. Yep Widdop is the real deal folks. Bummer we missed out on him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I'm sure there a few at the club thinking the same thing now. But it would seem everything was put into the Milford basket for this year and major dollars saved for Cam Smith for next.

I'd say the Broncs thought Milford would definitely be here this year and would be playing 5/8 other wise why would we let Norman leave so easily, move on Wallace/Prince and choose not go to harder after Widdop. In monetary terms none of those players were costing us/or would have cost us extravagant dollars we were prepared to splash on Smith.

I have a feeling going all out for Smith and banking on Milford securing a release has really exposed the club this year. We are a couple of injuries in the halves away from major problems.

Don't worry Wayne, all our halves options are as good (or bad) as each other. I rated Widdop last year and the reality is, even if we had got Milford this year, Widdop could have played halfback with Hunt on the bench or vice versa. Widdop can also play fullback, a very valuable player!!

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Stix
  • Maddy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MrTickyMcG
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Inknition
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
  • Lozza
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.