General Ben Barba discussion

Re: Ben Barba stood down

this is incredibly disappointing and if the rumours are try re assault then he has to go. just so disappointing really.

If he's assulted his GF, he should never, ever wear a Maroon jersey. He will play NRL again. We allow rapists, wife bashers, drug users, face glasses etc.

@Draggx, agreed, there could be more to it.

Have'nt all the recent "face of the game" players the NRL has chosen always got in to trouble during the course of the season, if not at the beginning? Wonder who will get picked next year lol.

Shit Greg Bird lied throughout his entire process

Assuming he has assaulted his ex, the NRL has a chance to really prove they are serious and send a strong message to ALL players. They need to be strong and ban him for life (or at the very least 3 or 4 years). They can't keep sweeping this stuff under the carpet and allowing players to get away with this just because they are awesome players). If a player of his calibre and recognition received that punishment it sends a message to everyone that before they lift a fist to a woman they will be throwing away their career (or at the very least a majority of it.

Unfortunately as we all know the administrators are gutless wankers and we know how this will play out. Suspended for a handful of matches, Ben is ashamed and very sorry, ben is getting help blah blah blah.... come round 6 he is back at the dogs and getting picked for origin..... disgraceful but true

Such a shame someone of his quality and the games brightest young player has done the wrong thing and has to suffer the consequences for it. This might be a wake up call for him to become a better person he is still a young man with a big future ahead of him.

Hang on, maybe we should wait for some evidence/confirmation before we completely tar Barba's reputation as being someone whom has assaulted a woman.

If he has, then yeah, I'm with the rest of you, but for now, it's just an unsubstantiated rumour. This whole incident could be related to any number of things.

Just sit back and see, rather than speculate.

For all we know he went on a bender after breaking up with his missus.

Yes, hence why I said "if"

Have'nt all the recent "face of the game" players the NRL has chosen always got in to trouble during the course of the season, if not at the beginning? Wonder who will get picked next year lol.

its a calamitous recent history that's for sure ...

have always thought the NRL could've made far wiser choices with its yearly pin-up-boy selections ... guys who'd built up decent track records of being decent men and players should've been the faces of the competition .. Preston Campbell was a great example - wonderful player and an even better ambassador for rugby league but never featured in any promotion of the NRL ... guy was adored everywhere but not seen as 'sexy' enough by the pony tailed marketing types.

Hang on, maybe we should wait for some evidence/confirmation before we completely tar Barba's reputation as being someone whom has assaulted a woman.

If he has, then yeah, I'm with the rest of you, but for now, it's just an unsubstantiated rumour. This whole incident could be related to any number of things.

Just sit back and see, rather than speculate.

Yeah, settle down people. People are absolutely ripping into him based on a rumor when the official statement basically reads alcohol or gambling problems. I'm not making any judgement on him until the full story is out (if there's anything more to it).

For all we know he went on a bender after breaking up with his missus.

IMO: I can't see them suspending him indefinitely for going on a bender.

Yeah, settle down people. People are absolutely ripping into him based on a rumor when the official statement basically reads alcohol or gambling problems. I'm not making any judgement on him until the full story is out (if there's anything more to it).

It just seems odd that a club would take such drastic action over alcohol or gambling problems, unless the gambling was related to match fixing, which I seriously don't suspect.

If it was a no name player, sure, they'd be quick to do this, but we're talking the Dally M player of the year...the Bulldogs wouldn't suspend him for being drunk at training a couple of times, or racking up a gambling debt. There HAS to be more to it.

Would need to know the full story first naturally, Did she start it and he fought back? We all know regardless of who starts it the male is always in the wrong anyway ;)

Rumour is, she & her friends have been bagging him out on social media.

Maybe so, maybe he punched the coach in the face for a training altercation.

Maybe so, maybe he punched the coach in the face for a training altercation.

That would've been reported by now. Incidents at the club are always leaked.

I really hope there's nothing serious in this, but I'm just astounded by the instant and severe reaction by the Bulldogs. Most clubs - even the Broncos - would protect a star player from being suspended unless they did something really bad.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Lurker
  • BroncosMan
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Old Mate
  • armchair
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fatboy
  • Maddy
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • RolledOates
  • broncsgoat
... and 56 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.