CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

I don`t rate the 60 or 70 he made on day 2 .
Too many slogs . Did good with the farming the strike . But his slogging looked amateurish . And Southie went with the Patty Cummins put the field back and bowl short plan . Making it harder to get him out IMO .

The pitch was difficult to bat on from start to finish. You don't fluke 174*. Extremely harsh marking. That was a fantastic innings and should be discussed as such.

Horrible outcome for Pukovski again.. you’ve got to wonder what next for him

Make Pucovski retire - force him to.

On a positive note: Inglis 130! Get him in to the test team asap.

Davies also another hundred. He's continuing a great start to his FC career, if he keeps this going next season, I can see him being fast tracked at least in to the squad.

Davies also another hundred. He's continuing a great start to his FC career, if he keeps this going next season, I can see him being fast tracked at least in to the squad.
Great to see a bloke with obvious talent as a hitter showing what seems to be a genuine appetite for development as a red ball batsman

This is really groundhog day with Pucovski. Poor guy. It's almost at the point where it's not fair on the fast bowlers bowling to him, no one would want to be the one to end his career or damage his health.

Unfortunately Pucovski simply has to retire, or at least be told he is done for 2-3 years before he will be considered for selection.

Yep the fact he can't go two innings without getting hit in the head is the major concern. Take the option away for his own good.

The pitch was difficult to bat on from start to finish. You don't fluke 174*. Extremely harsh marking. That was a fantastic innings and should be discussed as such.

The 1st hundred on day 1 , I rate highly .
Slogging poor bowling on a 2nd day pitch I can`t give the same value . It wasn`t that bad for batting if Hazelwood is driving through the covers for 4s ...

I don`t rate the 60 or 70 he made on day 2 .
Too many slogs . Did good with the farming the strike . But his slogging looked amateurish . And Southie went with the Patty Cummins put the field back and bowl short plan . Making it harder to get him out IMO .
lolwut?

He was batting with a number 11, his slogging was effective. Did you want him to nudge 1's and occasionally put away a bad ball? He did the right thing, who cares if it "looked amateurish", which it didn't, IMO.

The 1st hundred on day 1 , I rate highly .
Slogging poor bowling on a 2nd day pitch I can`t give the same value . It wasn`t that bad for batting if Hazelwood is driving through the covers for 4s ...

I just can't help but come to the conclusion you know nothing at all about cricket to formulate this kind of opinion, there is just no other conclusion.

I just can't help but come to the conclusion you know nothing at all about cricket to formulate this kind of opinion, there is just no other conclusion.

Put the crack pipe down .

Them`s fightin words .

Tell me why it is wrong because your view here is just crazy. Green was unsettling the bowling by charging at them, which Phillips used to similar effect in his innings later in the day I might add, and smacked balls into the crowd early in the over and hit singles on the fifth or sixth ball. It was one of the best examples of batting with a number 11 I've ever seen. He frustrated the bowlers into bowling desperation balls at Hazlewood who was good enough on the day to put them away. There is a reason that was over twice the best 10th wicket stand against NZ and in the top 6 for Aus of all time for the same wicket.

Difference of opinion doesn`t mean I know nothing about cricket or that I am crazy .
They are personal opinions . Much like your rating of the pitch , the desperation of the NZ bowlers and the magnificence of Green`s batting . All personal opinions . That I don`t agree with .

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Maddy
  • bb_gun
  • Mustafur
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • johnny plath
  • Reds2011
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Redfern_1980
  • Scorchie
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.