CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

The under 19's made the World Cup finals after beating England in what was essentially a group match knockout.

Last edited:
The under 19's made the World Cup finals after beating England in what was essentially a group match knockout.

What a finish as well.

Connor Sully is a Queenslander, get him in the Heat side next season!

Connor Sully is also a total gun.
[automerge]1579838761[/automerge]
Sully
Sangha
Fraser-McGurk

These guys will play a lot for Australia in coming years.

Last edited:
What a finish as well.

Connor Sully is a Queenslander, get him in the Heat side next season!

They looked dead and buried when I went to bed.
Harvey looked good from what I saw.

Last edited:
Made even better because it’s against England

Common sense prevails, Maxwell back in to the T20 & ODI squad for the South Africa tour later this month.

Australia T20 squad: Aaron Finch (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa.

Australia ODI squad: Aaron Finch (c), Ashton Agar, Alex Carey (vc), Pat Cummins (vc), Josh Hazlewood, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa

Best T20 team from that squad -

1. Finch (c)
2. Warner
3. Wade / Marsh
4. Smith
5. Maxwell
6. Carey
7. Abbott / Agar
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. J.Richardson
11. Zampa

Best ODI team from that squad -

1. Finch (c)
2. Warner
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Maxwell
6. Marsh
7. Carey
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood / K.Richardson
11. Zampa

Common sense prevails, Maxwell back in to the T20 & ODI squad for the South Africa tour later this month.

Australia T20 squad: Aaron Finch (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa.

Australia ODI squad: Aaron Finch (c), Ashton Agar, Alex Carey (vc), Pat Cummins (vc), Josh Hazlewood, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa
100% agree. We're a far, far more dangerous outfit when Maxwell is in the lineup. Great to see him back and hopefully he kills it.

Last edited:
Best side I reckon would be:

T20
1. Warner
2. Finch (c)
3. Smith
4. Marsh
5. Maxwell
6. Wade
7. Carey (wk)
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. J.Richardson/Abbott
11. Zampa/Agar

ODI
1. Warner
2. Finch (c)
3. Wade
4. Smith
5. Maxwell
6. Marsh
7. Carey (wk)
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. J.Richardson
11. Agar/Zampa

Banton re-signs with the Heat for two more seasons. Hopefully he continues to improve and can play entire seasons going forward.

(No thread for general Heat/BBL stuff, only the yearly season ones)

Banton re-signs with the Heat for two more seasons. Hopefully he continues to improve and can play entire seasons going forward.

(No thread for general Heat/BBL stuff, only the yearly season ones)

Yay.

It's confirmed he'll be playing the whole BBL season for the next 2 years (as I've been begging for), probably means we won't be seeing AB again, but meh, I'd rather a fulltime international bowler to pair with our fulltime international batsman anyway... Not sure Mujeeb or Zahir are the answers though..

Yay.

It's confirmed he'll be playing the whole BBL season for the next 2 years (as I've been begging for), probably means we won't be seeing AB again, but meh, I'd rather a fulltime international bowler to pair with our fulltime international batsman anyway... Not sure Mujeeb or Zahir are the answers though..

None of our internationals played the full season, which was just one of the issues this year (even though Zahir I think was still available after Mujeeb came down). I’m more sold on Zahir than Mujeeb, but that’s from only a handful of games for each.

no chance to properly balance out the bad games hurt them all

I think they need to up it to up to 3 internationals per XI going forward.

Last edited:
I think they need to up it to up to 3 internationals per XI going forward.

Yeah, agree. The BBL has grown enough now that we can do 3x Internationals per team. It's not like we have an overwhelming amount of talent that would be missing out.. Have a look at some of the plodders playing in the penultimate game tomorrow night.. Jay Lenton, Brendan Doggett, Nathan McAndrew, Nick Larkin, Clint Hinchliffe, Seb Gotch..

There's probably an argument for 4 internationals per side like the IPL.

I reckon Lara could still be playing test matches, what a weapon.

Keen to see how old boy Akram is gonna bowl

Should’ve been one over per player, bat and bowl. Give everyone a go

I reckon Lara could still be playing test matches, what a weapon.

Keen to see how old boy Akram is gonna bowl
No doubt about it after seeing that. He'd still be easily one of the best Batsmen eligible for the West Indies.

Last edited:

Darcy Short? The guy who has barely hit anything for about 12 months? I don't like Stoinis (he's too beautiful) but come on, either him or Wells should be in for sure.

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.