Goodbye my lover, Goodbye my friend.

QUEENSLANDER said:
mrslong said:
SHANE PERRY MUST GO. Good Bye. Good Bye. Good Bye.

agreed, how this guy still gets a run amazes me. gives me hope that i can still make the broncos team. granted, i dont play league, or plan on it, but hey, if perry can do it, why cant i
[icon_lol1. I said the same thing, and I'm a girl who can't throw cut out passes and run fast. Wait a minute.... maybe I am shane perry :shock:

Jeza23 said:
Only because he gave away that golden point penalty on the weekend!!

If St George got rid of him there wouldnt be a St George left to be honest, because he is the heart and soul of that team [eusa_clap.gi

I mean his stats speak for themselves. On the weekend he made 45 tackles (played 73mins too!!!) which was top of the tackle count and he has been their leading forward in hitups and metres gaines so far.

Doesnt get much better if your Ryles.

St George fans should be glad they have him, I certainly would be if we had him [icon_wink

Is it April 1 or 7? eusa_think

Seriously, the guy is a powderpuff with no talent. I'd rather Shane Perry play prop than him!

Jeza23 said:
Only because he gave away that golden point penalty on the weekend!!

If St George got rid of him there wouldnt be a St George left to be honest, because he is the heart and soul of that team [eusa_clap.gi

I mean his stats speak for themselves. On the weekend he made 45 tackles (played 73mins too!!!) which was top of the tackle count and he has been their leading forward in hitups and metres gaines so far.

Doesnt get much better if your Ryles.

St George fans should be glad they have him, I certainly would be if we had him [icon_wink
No, I know several St George fans who bag him week in week out. So his stats are good at the moment? Big deal. As the old saying goes, the sun even shines on a dog's a## every now and then!

Its definitely April 7 because its my birthday today haha _woohoo_

Harsh critics of him people are. Its unbelievable how fickle the St George fans can be sometimes, just as bad as Parra and Doggies fans

Jeza23 said:
Its definitely April 7 because its my birthday today haha _woohoo_

Harsh critics of him people are. Its unbelievable how fickle the St George fans can be sometimes, just as bad as Parra and Doggies fans

1st Happy Birthday Jeza

Secondly the fans aren't fickle, they are frustrated, Jason Ryles has talent but he is erratic as the team itself, he rarely backs up a good game with another one. The fans know he can do good stuff, but he but he loses concentration and give away a penalty or drop the pill.

On a sidenote: I don't mind Shane Perry, he is very underrated himself and carried the Bronc in the second half on the seaso. I doubt we would of made the finals without him.

I'm not a huge participant of Perry bashing, but if we are to let him go from the top squad, now is probably the time.

Due to the chronic lack of depth we had in the halves we had no choice but to play a less talented and creative No. 7, but to his credit Perry executed the duties he was asked to perform very well, especially in late '06. He did all that was required of him to let Lockyer and the outside backs do their thing.

However, now with a squad boasting Wallace, Ennis and Marsh his services shouldn't be of much use unless we have an absolutey catastrophic injury situation.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
I'm not a huge participant of Perry bashing, but if we are to let him go from the top squad, now is probably the time.

Due to the chronic lack of depth we had in the halves we had no choice but to play a less talented and creative No. 7, but to his credit Perry executed the duties he was asked to perform very well, especially in late '06. He did all that was required of him to let Lockyer and the outside backs do their thing.

However, now with a squad boasting Wallace, Ennis and Marsh his services shouldn't be of much use unless we have an absolutey catastrophic injury situation.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Quick question...do you guys think Wallace, Ennis and Marsh could cover 5/8 at all? I can't remember if Ennis had a crack last year eusa_think And I'm not sure about the other two.

Scotty said:
Major JW Hochstetter said:

Agree wholeheartedly.

Quick question...do you guys think Wallace, Ennis and Marsh could cover 5/8 at all? I can't remember if Ennis had a crack last year eusa_think And I'm not sure about the other two.

Well Wallace played 5/8 for the Panthers last year, Ennis had a stint at halfback for the Broncos last year, and i believe Marsh has played in the halves before he became a hooker.

Aeetee said:
BroncoMatt said:
king_johns said:
nopatience101 said:
he was.....?

yes he is. apparently he was training the house down in pre season then just quit.

He lost the desire to play. He had recovered from a very serious injury the year before, and by playing a full season of Footy, making a Grand Final and making his NRL Debut, he felt had proved himself

Thought he proved himself.........HAHAAHAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A TOSSER.

Proving yourself would be getting up and doing it again and again.

Lazy more like it.

What a ridiculous comment. Obviously you havent got the slighest clue of what it takes physically and mentally to crack it in the NRL. Not to mention the fact that along the way you are sacrificing any other career opportunity.

Anyone else read the article about Steve Michaels not wanting to move back to the wing to accomadate Falou? Something tells me he could be running around in a Titans jersey next year.

Why do you want Michaels to leave? I suppose if I had to choose between him, Boyd and Kemp i'd choose Michaels to leave.

Clintos - a Dogs jersey according to some news reports.

A point that was brought to my attention yesterday was that its all well and good for Steve to be upset about the prospect of being shoved a few metres to his left and having a different number in his back, but what response will he actually get from other clubs as he tests the market? In terms of opportunity and price? There's a chance he may be in for a bit of a shock. Also remembering he only cemented his position in first grade last year.

Is moving from centre to wing really such a huge deal for him that he's prepared to move to another club that is desperate to pick up any decent first grader that comes on the market so he may get the opportunity to play in the centres full time? Because looking around at alot of line-ups at the moment, there is no garuntee whatsoever that Steve will just walk into any backline - especially in the better teams.

In addition to that, he'll be declining the opportunity to be a part of one the premier rosters in the NRL, play alongside the one of the greatest emerging outside backs in recent memory and the successes that partnership could bring, not to mention play for a club that has an unmatchable premiership strike-rate and, if you apply yourself well, a club where you tend to get noticed a bit more when it comes to the rep season (though given the competition in the outside backs, I can't see him progressing to that stage in the forseeable future).

Plenty of things to consider there for the sake of a few metres of grass and a different number on your back.

Obviously the differences in the roles of a centre and a winger a bit less simplistic than that, but when you take into account the rest of the considerations it really baffles me why he has, for a while now, been quite cranky and possessive about playing at centre or he'll do an India on us and take his bat and ball and bugger off.

If it really does mean that much to him and he chooses to leave, then so be it, best of luck to him. I really do rate him as a solid, honest first grader who i'm happy to have in the team each week, but I don't believe our backline will be harmed at all by his departure considering his centre replacement and the wingers we have in reserve. His cap money, although not likely alot, could be nicely spent on securing a few more important players.

I suppose with the Dogs losing Tonga there would be a spot there. They still have Millard, Utai and Leon Bott there as well. Personally I would rather see Boyd and Kemp on the wings, because if we have to lose a back, i'd prefer it to be him.

Michaels is much safer in defence and a lot gutsier attacking the line then boyd! I'd rather have Michaels helping in defence and have the speed of hodges & folau...with kemp as a back up.

Frank the Tank said:
Clintos said:
Why do you want Michaels to leave? I suppose if I had to choose between him, Boyd and Kemp i'd choose Michaels to leave.
Frank doesn't see too much in Michaels. Frank also didn't think Boyd was anything at all, but has been pleasantly surprised by his improvement last year and so far this year. Michaels is just another one of Bennetts generic brigade that thankfully have been starting to be weened out. Other notable members were Ryan, Tate (who also fitted well into the 'i wish hed hurry up and leave' brigade), minto, kelly, perry.

Add Carlaw, Meyers and De Vere to that.

How could you possibly add De Vere to a must leave list. [icon_thumbs_do
The bloke was a great goal kicker,dedicated and a player every team needs in the way of Mr Reliable.Quiet achiever.

De Vere was an above average goal kicker and the king of the voluntary tackle, how can you call someone tough as a player if they fall to their knees before the tackle every single time they run the ball. He was a very good defender I don't doubt that but there was nothing at all to his attack and i don't justify having a guy in my side when his game is so unbalanced with regard to defense and attack (unless they are Lockyer and can't tackle to save themselves).

Speaking of Brad Meyers, could be an interesting physical anomaly on Friday night this week.

Picture the scenario. Brad Meyers has the ball and he's running straight at Joel Clinton. Meyers will inevitably drop the ball, he always does. If Clinton then tries to pick up the loose ball, he will certainly drop it too. Now if Meyers tries to pick it up again...we could get ourselves into the realm of perpetual **** ups and never see full time! [eusa_doh [icon_pray.

Active Now

• Reds2011
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • upthebroncs
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.