Mar 25, 2008
Frank the Tank said:
the one thats probably about our 4th best forward this year icon_thumbs_u
eusa_think who is our best?

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I think that even though hannant hasn't been in the top of any of those lists, the things he has done has lifted the team and the players around him - particularly in defence. When he does something he does it right....big nasty shoulder charges etc.

Have to agree that Sims has been mighty though! Except for the silly mistakes he needs to get out of his game when we are defending the line :mad:

P

Phuzzlecash

BRL Player
Mar 6, 2008
Isn't it just awesome how stats paint the whole picture of how a player is performing and how no new insight can be gained from actually watching the game itself? :|

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hannant is a must have he is a future leader at the club, a good bloke a well respected part of the team and a great front rower who will only get better. We can't afford to lose any players from our forward pack IMO. Stats aren't everything Frank, Webcke was never a leader in Metres gained but he never failed to inspire him team mates to improve and do better. As for Thaiday he is maturing this year and is going to be brilliant for us coem finals time, he is abig game player. icon_thumbs_u

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Why argue you with you your to arrogant and stupid too know whats right. Just sit back relax and be prepared to be proved wrong by the players. Thaiday will make his mark in Origin this year and Hannant will lead the Broncos pack to another final series and hopefully a premiership.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Frank the Tank said:
Webcke was a leader in hit ups and meters gained, and when he wasnt number 1 for us it was only because he was behind 2 of the other best forwards the league has ever seen - Tallis and Civoniceva.

Thaiday a 'big game player'? [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Why have you stopped referring to yourself in third person? You're sad my friend.

Hannant and Thaiday are both excellent players, who are each valuable to the team. If you judge performances by stats only, you are a poor judge.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I thought Frank the Tank was cool when I rejoined. Man, he sucks.

Anyone who pours through stats to find a good player and base being a good player on stats and stats alone is an idiot in my world.

A

ALH

QCup Player
Mar 7, 2008
Frank the Tank said:
ningnangnong said:
Why have you stopped referring to yourself in third person? You're sad my friend.

Hannant and Thaiday are both excellent players, who are each valuable to the team. If you judge performances by stats only, you are a poor judge.
when did Frank not refer to himself in 3rd person? eusa_think

and where did Frank say he judges performances only by stats? eusa_think

Frank came up with some good points to back up his thoughts about Hannant.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Frank the Tank said:
and where did Frank say he judges performances only by stats? eusa_think

Do tanks have genders? I spose a lot of people call their boat/car etc. she, but I've never heard people refer to vehicles as being male? Do they have female tanks too? Or do you have to hook up with Hyundai excels etc.? Or do male tanks like to swing with other male tanks? But then how would new tanks come to be around? Leo thinks this is awfully confusing.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Clown Shoes said:
Tanks are built in factories, silly Leo. Frank is like number 5, he is alive. Can't dance quite as well, but has a bigger gun.

Haha post of the decade lol. [icon_lol1.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
SHANE PERRY MUST GO. Good Bye. Good Bye. Good Bye.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
SHANE PERRY MUST GO. Good Bye. Good Bye. Good Bye.

agreed, how this guy still gets a run amazes me. gives me hope that i can still make the broncos team. granted, i dont play league, or plan on it, but hey, if perry can do it, why cant i

K

Kee

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
I think WB is taking him to Saints so the wait isn't too long now icon_smile
Supporters down there are saying the same thing about Ryles getting picked every week .

G

Kee said:
Supporters down there are saying the same thing about Ryles getting picked every week .

Yeah the Dragons fan here at work said that their forum is chock full of people bagging Ryles today! [icon_lol1.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Only because he gave away that golden point penalty on the weekend!!

If St George got rid of him there wouldnt be a St George left to be honest, because he is the heart and soul of that team [eusa_clap.gi

I mean his stats speak for themselves. On the weekend he made 45 tackles (played 73mins too!!!) which was top of the tackle count and he has been their leading forward in hitups and metres gaines so far.

Doesnt get much better if your Ryles.

St George fans should be glad they have him, I certainly would be if we had him [icon_wink

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Meat77 said:
Kee said:

Yeah the Dragons fan here at work said that their forum is chock full of people bagging Ryles today! [icon_lol1.
Even though I tipped the dragons and they are possibly going to cost me a perfect round (come on Tigers!!), I couldn't have picked a better person from that team to give away the penalty and lose the game for them! [icon_lol1. Well, maybe Gasnier, but then I don't think Gasnier's reaction would have been as priceless as Ryles'!

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Scorchie
  • Old Mate
  • Bronx48
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morkel
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Scdeac
  • Gympie devil
  • Spooky1013
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.