Goodbye my lover, Goodbye my friend.

For that very reason alone I would be very surprised if Hannant came to the decision to go elsewhere, Mrslong. Without him our front row stocks are significantly weakened and we'd pretty much be relying soley on Thaiday and Clinton for any sort of quality or experience.

Letting go Petero, in that respect, wasn't that big a deal, ie. we had a plan in place and a touch more depth. But unless the board and staff already have plans laid out for the future and/or are keen on entering the market for another decent prop (highly unlikely you'd have to say), you can bet that they will go extremely hard at Hannant. And, credit where its due, Broncos management rarely make a meal of situations like that.

Another thing that would aid in retaining this year's roster is the announcement of the new coach, or coaches if an stop-gap man is appointed. Perhaps the players already have a fair idea about who the likely man/men are, but it would no doubt help to get it all settled and official.

Broncos must sign Hannant.
I could understand him going if he was a NSWelshman and wanted to go home but he is from QLD and the Broncos must be his home for many years to come.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
For that very reason alone I would be very surprised if Hannant came to the decision to go elsewhere, Mrslong. Without him our front row stocks are significantly weakened and we'd pretty much be relying soley on Thaiday and Clinton for any sort of quality or experience.

Letting go Petero, in that respect, wasn't that big a deal, ie. we had a plan in place and a touch more depth. But unless the board and staff already have plans laid out for the future and/or are keen on entering the market for another decent prop (highly unlikely you'd have to say), you can bet that they will go extremely hard at Hannant. And, credit where its due, Broncos management rarely make a meal of situations like that.

Another thing that would aid in retaining this year's roster is the announcement of the new coach, or coaches if an stop-gap man is appointed. Perhaps the players already have a fair idea about who the likely man/men are, but it would no doubt help to get it all settled and official.
:shock: Don't even say that out loud! :mad:

Hahaha, a scarey prospect I know. One decent injury and, unless someone is played out of position, Kenny is the main man, lol.

IMO, it would be a monumental mistake for the Broncos to not do Everything in their power to sign Hannant to a new contract.

bfoord said:
IMO, it would be a monumental mistake for the Broncos to not do Everything in their power to sign Hannant to a new contract.

Along with Taylor.

I think if we sign Bellamy we should have no trouble resigning and attract top quality players.

Kenny has done more than Taylor this season, Taylors gone AWOL

I dont get the massive fuss over hannant. I cant see the likeless from him and webcke. Sure he has a body like webcke but thats as far as it goes IMO. He can go for all i care, he doesnt fit our new forward pack of mobile players with fends and offloads anyway.

QUEENSLANDER said:
I dont get the massive fuss over hannant. I cant see the likeless from him and webcke. Sure he has a body like webcke but thats as far as it goes IMO. He can go for all i care, he doesnt fit our new forward pack of mobile players with fends and offloads anyway.

Have you seen his ball handling skils this season? He would have to be in the top 5 props in the NRL skills-wise

QUEENSLANDER said:

ARE YOU CRAZY :shock:

Meat thinks Frank should occassionally climb out of his tank and watch a game without his preconceived ideas about players...

JW sees Frank's bait, sniffs it, then decides to move on in search of real food.

Whilst I tend to agree on Thaiday, I certainly don't about Hannant. Thaiday has shown some improvement this year, but he still has a ways to go imo before he is a must have for us. The potential is there undoubtedly, but as yet I think it's untapped and he is still rather inconsistent.

Hannant is a complete 180 on that. He has shown this year that he not only has the potential to step into the vacant positions left my Webby and Petero, he is actually realising some of that. Don't forget he is only 23, still pretty young for a prop and if he keeps the same attitude he appears to have at the moment, he will only keep improving.

Just who exactly do you see filling Hannant's place if he goes Frank?

Frank the Tank said:
Frank can watch games while being a Tank, how else could a tank driver know where to go?

No preconceived ideas here - Frank waited and gave both players the benefit of the doubt after not tearing up the field, and both just seem to be making up the numbers. Hannant has improved this year for sure, but still isn't a 'must have' IFO. Thaiday, well he can just feck right off for all Frank cares - he's filling Carlaws shoes at the moment.

Mal thinks Frank is blind if he thinks that Hannant is not a must-have for us. He is leading our forward pack atm.

JW would like to pose the question to Frank about who he believes we should chase or retain seeing as Hannant isn't required, however JW is finding it farking hard to ask Frank a question directly whilst speaking in Frank's native tongue of 3rd-Personese.

QUEENSLANDER's Brother said:
mal said:
Mal thinks Frank is blind if he thinks that Hannant is not a must-have for us. He is leading our forward pack atm.
Well hes not:

From NRL.com -
- Round 3: 8th in meters gained (behind eastwood, kenny, taylor and sims out of the forwards alone!), 15th in number of runs, 7th in hitups (behind sims, kenny, taylor, eastwood, carrol and thaiday), second last in tackle breaks.
- Round 2: 7th in meters gained, 8th in number of runs, 4th in hitups, 6th in tackle breaks.
- Round 1: 5th in meters gained, 5th in number of runs (behind 3 forwards and hodges), 5th in hitups (behind 4 other forwards), 15th in tackle breaks.

so overall for the season, for the forwards - hes the 3rd most meters gained, 4th highest number of runs, 4th most hitups, 4th in tackle breaks. Correct Frank if he's wrong, but if he was leading our forward pack wouldn't he be coming first in at least ONE of those categories?

also, Frank wonders why others feel the need to speak to Frank in 3rd person? Are you also Tanks?

ohhhhh f*cking snap

Major JW Hochstetter said:
JW sees Frank's bait, sniffs it, then decides to move on in search of real food.
[icon_lol1. [eusa_clap.gi

QUEENSLANDER said:
We are talking about Ben Hannant, plays for the Broncos. What Hannant are you talking about?

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Lurker
  • Skyblues87
  • Redfern_1980
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • xilliun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Big Del
  • Browny
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.