NEWS Gorden Tallis: Pathetic excuses won’t dig Broncos out of hole

Ennis isn’t entirely wrong but he is quoting Seibold out of context. Seibold is changing the culture that has led to basically 13 years of defeat against the Storm and that isn’t going to happen overnight, despite how much the media might want to talk about it.
Ennis doesn't work for the club, so it's not his job to give Seibold the benefit of the doubt. Seibold's been at the club for one year, and the results have been poor. The Broncos were widely tipped to be much better than this. Any time a team tipped for the top 4 pre-season plays this poorly the coach is going to get criticism.

By all means have faith in Seibold, but outside criticism of his coaching is entirely fair as there isn't any hard evidence that he's turning anything around yet. Gorden Tallis is a tool that Ennis no doubt begrudges sharing a conclusion with, but that tooldom doesn't invalidate every overlapping critical opinion.

How are the titans travelling, Gorden?
Worry about your own backyard, ya has been.

Last edited:
...and like sand through the hour glass, so are the days of our Tallis.

No wonder coaches and players don't like speaking with the media. Just gets taken out of context. Not sure how Seibold saying that "it isn't the first Broncos team to get beaten by 40 and that the organisation (including himself) needs to be better" translates to a slap in the face for Gordy and what he did in a Broncos Jersey?

And why the **** should you get any credit if this team wins the comp Gordy? You've nothing but rail-roaded the club for fucking years you Muppet. You deserve no credit if this current team wins anything haha.

Last edited:
If Bellamy wrote an article like this, I'd listen. Not listening to Gordon 'Top of Table Titans' Tallis.

Brisbane will always attract this level of scrutiny but seriously this borders on a witch hunt..

oh yeh....**** Off Tallis...

If Bellamy wrote an article like this, I'd listen. Not listening to Gordon 'Top of Table Titans' Tallis.

Further to that, if Bellamy said something like what Seibold these same fuckheads would be getting to the front of the line to jerk him off and talk about how great it is.

No one should need anymore proof about how much the media hate us then what has happened with Seibold/Bennett.

Last year Seibold is coach of the Bunnies and he is the best thing to happen to coaching while Bennett is a disgrace. They have literally switched positions and Bennett is now the messiah and they treat Seibold like he has punched a baby.

Gordie is too thick to realize that Seibold could not have possibly been pointing the finger at his cohort of players who were always competitive and in fact regularly competed with and defeated the storm. He was talking about the culture that has developed within the club in the last ten years and it is that culture that needs to be re-addressed.

It is just another opportunity for Gordie to talk about himself and put shit on Seibold.
And have a jab at WB, can't forget that!

Ennis doesn't work for the club, so it's not his job to give Seibold the benefit of the doubt. Seibold's been at the club for one year, and the results have been poor. The Broncos were widely tipped to be much better than this. Any time a team tipped for the top 4 pre-season plays this poorly the coach is going to get criticism.

By all means have faith in Seibold, but outside criticism of his coaching is entirely fair as there isn't any hard evidence that he's turning anything around yet. Gorden Tallis is a tool that Ennis no doubt begrudges sharing a conclusion with, but that tooldom doesn't invalidate every overlapping critical opinion.
On the money. Perhaps the commentaries are so similar because they're right about the same things! The Broncos hired Seibold and prematurely (in my opinion) installed him. They did that surely to achieve better results and it hasn't worked so far. That's a fact. So that's a fail. I acknowledge Seibold doesn't have 'his team' so far. What I was expecting though was a new style or a team that looks different in some way but it hasn't happened yet. I think nearly anyone of bhqs posters could probably have achieved the results we have so far.

Valid comment, but it still shits me how selective the media is in who they target. It seems that Stuart and McGregor are teflon with how shit they have been (this season excluded for Stuart) without any real heat from the media. Whereas Seibold's first season here with quite a few valid reasons for where we are, but they are like sharks where there is blood in the water.

Further to that, if Bellamy said something like what Seibold these same fuckheads would be getting to the front of the line to jerk him off and talk about how great it is.

No one should need anymore proof about how much the media hate us then what has happened with Seibold/Bennett.

Last year Seibold is coach of the Bunnies and he is the best thing to happen to coaching while Bennett is a disgrace. They have literally switched positions and Bennett is now the messiah and they treat Seibold like he has punched a baby.
No that was Lodge (sorry, had to be done) PS this was satire, love that man.

What I was expecting though was a new style or a team that looks different in some way but it hasn't happened yet. I think nearly anyone of bhqs posters could probably have achieved the results we have so far.
Totally agree. This is where my gripe with Seibold is. I rated him as a coach and it's no secret I did not want him here before 2020 so we could see how he goes with another year of first grade but my issue with Seibold is he changed very little.

Our defence looks worse.
Our attack is not better and probably worse.
Our mentality is worse.
Our consistency is even worse somehow.
We are even worse playing against the good teams.
He has not made any good signings although I do like Segs but that was a free pickup.
He has made no tough decisions on the roster although I do fully support the Roberts issue.
Our footy IQ is no better than before.
We don't seem any fitter with all the talk of training above game speed.
I can't really name any players that have went up a level under him outside of natural progression.

I'm not hating on Seibold, I really want him to be a success but where is the beautiful attacking structure the Souths had last year?

I guess we just need to wait, next year with a proper off season big decisions have to be made. One, if not both of Boyd/Macca should be told to look elsewhere or be put in reserves.
It's not like sacking him would be worthwhile, there isn't a single coach on the market I'd want to sign anyway so we're better off hoping he can start to turn things around in a big way soon.

Last edited:
Haha Tallis is one of those guys who waits till the champion is lying knocked out on the floor and he runs in to kick him and take a selfie about how he smashed him. He's empty headed scum and doesn't know the difference between his own arse and mouth which unfortunately sometimes results in him getting his shit stained toilet paper published in some shit rag collection NSW media owned advertising pamphlet. Nice one Tallis. If I could give you a real big thumbs up right in your Neanderthal looking face, I would. You'd prob be so proud you got praised by someone other than your mummy/wife that you'd ejaculate in your nappy.
[automerge]1564994706[/automerge]
Now I've got that off my chest, Siebs really has some work to do. How do you fix a culture if you don't have the right lieutenants to breed your rhetoric?

Last edited:

How can anybody take this clown seriously...

The day I start listening to what the Merkins on fox have to say about league is the day I stop watching.

Totally agree. This is where my gripe with Seibold is. I rated him as a coach and it's no secret I did not want him here before 2020 so we could see how he goes with another year of first grade but my issue with Seibold is he changed very little.

Our defence looks worse.
Our attack is not better and probably worse.
Our mentality is worse.
Our consistency is even worse somehow.
We are even worse playing against the good teams.
He has not made any good signings although I do like Segs but that was a free pickup.
He has made no tough decisions on the roster although I do fully support the Roberts issue.
Our footy IQ is no better than before.
We don't seem any fitter with all the talk of training above game speed.
I can't really name any players that have went up a level under him outside of natural progression.

I'm not hating on Seibold, I really want him to be a success but where is the beautiful attacking structure the Souths had last year?

I guess we just need to wait, next year with a proper off season big decisions have to be made. One, if not both of Boyd/Macca should be told to look elsewhere or be put in reserves.
It's not like sacking him would be worthwhile, there isn't a single coach on the market I'd want to sign anyway so we're better off hoping he can start to turn things around in a big way soon.

Fair points Kimlo but i’d Call letting kodi go a tough decision...sua to a lesser dregree. The mentality and consistency are a bi product of having to overhaul the roster with young chargers which ties in with the no signings / free pick up which may be explained by our cap problems. The rumours I’m hearing that are very close to the bone are dire and we’ve done well to even retain TPJ and Lodge. By the time they get it under control we should know more. There’s no way they are sacking him with the shit he’s having to work through roster wise and like you no one i’d Want to sign that’s available either.

I guess we wait for next season with that proper off season you pointed out and some rational decisions get made.

NRL 360: Broncos coach Anthony Seibold grilled over departures from club
  • August 5, 2019 9:05pm
  • by Staff writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold has defended his decision to let a number of experienced players leave the Broncos in 2019.
The likes of Josh McGuire, James Roberts, Kodi Nikorima and Jordan Kahu all left the club either before the season started or midway through it.
Seibold was grilled by NRL 360 host Paul Kent over the moves after the coach was asked what separated his team from the sides on the top of the ladder like Melbourne, Canberra, South Sydney and the Sydney Roosters.

Seibold grilled over exits

Seibold grilled over exits

“The difference between us and the best teams at the moment is some experience, there’s no doubt about that,” Seibold told NRL 360 on Fox League.
“I don’t just mean experience on the field with games played. There’s training history.
“If you go into any environment at the elite end or high performing, the training history or years of our players is very young. We’ve got a lot of players who are zero to two-year players.
“If I compare us to the four top teams at the moment, there’s a lot more experience there. There’s a lot more training history there, but ultimately it comes down to how we handle the challenging periods in games.

“At the moment we’re not good enough handling chaos. When things go against us, they generally spiral out of control.”

That’s when Kent asked: “So Seibs, if you’re so light on experience, why did you let so much experience go at the beginning of the season? Like Josh McGuire and Jordan Kahu. You let a few go who played a lot of games for you.”
Seibold replied: “Josh McGuire, that wasn’t my decision.
“That was when the old coach was here. I never made that decision.
“Jordan Kahu wanted to play fullback so he came and spoke to be and I said that at the beginning of the year I thought Darius was going to be our fullback, so he had an opportunity to go elsewhere.
“There are couple of other players who did go elsewhere.”
Kent chimed in: “Roberts and Nikorima, you let them go.”
Seibold replied: “Yeah, and if I didn’t do that, we wouldn’t be able to keep guys like Matt Lodge and Tevita Pangai.
“I’m not whingeing about the inexperience. You asked me what the difference between the best teams and where we are at the moment and I said it’s experience on and off the field and it’s also being able to handle that chaos.
“That’s the decision we made and there’s a framework in place and we’ll keep working towards it.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.