PRE-GAME Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys v

Re: Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys

Just dropped off a job on my way home. Walking back to my car, and see the old, faded, cracked broncos logos on the windows.

I think it just hit me. It's time.

i
1443739015.png

We can't fail, According to this SMH poll the Uzbeks are with us.

Man that is awesome. Would you be able to link me to that please?

As someone that loves The Broncos, stats and geography, this is super interesting to me.

Lol Bennett sledging a journo in the grand final press conference.

He made a statement that coaches don't teach anymore.

Journo: When you say coaches don't teach anymore, what do you mean by that?

Couldn't quite make out the first part Bennett said, I think it went like this.

Bennett: What I said. You work it out. You want me to do all the work for you?

Last edited:

YOU have to wonder what was going through Ben Hunt’s mind when he watched rival No.7 Johnathan Thurston crowned Dally M winner for a fourth time.

Hunt was sitting on table 17 at The Star on Monday night when Thurston was beamed on to the big screen and broke into tears as he collected the game’s top gong.

It seems everyone is willing the halfback with the infectious laugh to finally deliver North Queensland their first title. The neutral fans will all be cheering Thurston and the Cowboys.

Hunt, however, has other ideas, and is excited rather than daunted about trying to ruin the future Immortal’s premiership hopes.

“’JT’ is a freak, and he’ll go down as one of the best ever to play our game, if not the best,’’ Hunt told The Daily Telegraph.

“Coming up against him in the biggest game of the year, it’s a dream come true. You want to play against the best, and he is the best. I’ve watched him play football for a long time now, so I’m really excited.

“All I know is if we come down and play our style of football, we’ll be in with a chance. And that’s what we want to do.’’

While Thurston has been brilliant, Hunt hasn’t been too far behind.

At 25, Hunt has been around a while and won’t be overawed by the big occasion. The significance of the grand final only hit home for him on Monday morning.

Hunt’s on-field combination with Anthony Milford has been nothing short of brilliant in just their first season together in the Broncos’ halves.

“I knew he (Milford) was an exceptional talent and a freakish player, but the speed he’s picked up on what we want to do at Brisbane, and the attitude he came with was second to none,’’ Hunt said.

“At the start of the year we were a bit scrappy, we weren’t kicking really well and sometimes dropping the ball. But we’ve worked hard on finishing off our sets well and trying to build pressure.’’

Hunt grew up in central Queensland and attended school in Yeppoon. He found himself supporting the Cronulla Sharks, and was a huge fan of Mat Rogers.

NSW fans will know Hunt as the little Broncos’ playmaker with the facial hair who forever flings the ball behind his back and into the crowd whenever he scores. It’s almost annoying when he scores against a side you support.

“I’m not too sure where it comes from. A few times I’ve tried to kick the ball as far as I can, or throw it. It’s just a ball of energy and I get really excited and try to launch the ball somewhere,’’ Hunt said.

Hunt has worked extensively with Allan Langer and Kevin Walters, and also spoke highly of Darren Lockyer, who he played along side in his early years.

Lockyer said Hunt would not be feeling any pressure, and coach Wayne Bennett would make sure he and his Broncos teammates remained relaxed all week.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ons-perfect-year/story-fnp0lyn3-1227549427909

Ok so from data I can see, the world thinks the Cowboys will win.

However there are some very pro-Bronco countries!

We already know that Uzbekistan loves Brisbane with 2 people voting there but another country where 2 people voted for us and 0 points for Cowboys was Chile! Thanks Chile! Also in the same boat was the wonderful country of Nigeria! All of those very rich princes living there who want to share their wealth, want to see the Broncos win on Sunday. One more country where 2 people love us and everyone else hates the Cowboys is Ireland! The luck of the Irish will be with Brisbane!

Countries that had only one voter and it was for us are Russia, Uganda, Ghana & Argentina.

There are a few other countries that are really behind us, not a surprise that PNG loves the Broncos with 24 votes and 58% of them are for Brisbane. They love us in France (5 votes, 60% BRI) and Germany (6 votes, 67% BRI). But the surprising one is that the Broncos are pretty much rock stars in Italy! There have been 28 people that have voted in Italy and 61% voted for the Broncos. Thanks, Italy.

There are some countries that you should avoid going on holidays to, because nobody at all likes us there, but love NQ. China, Sri Lanka, Korea Republic, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, Azerbaijan, South Africa, Mali & Czech Republic all had one person or more vote for NQ and not a single vote for us.

So on gameday, enjoy a lovely pizza and a croissant with a glass of Vodka and avoid Kung Pow Chicken, Biltong and food laced with potassium.

Ok so from data I can see, the world thinks the Cowboys will win.

However there are some very pro-Bronco countries!

We already know that Uzbekistan loves Brisbane with 2 people voting there but another country where 2 people voted for us and 0 points for Cowboys was Chile! Thanks Chile! Also in the same boat was the wonderful country of Nigeria! All of those very rich princes living there who want to share their wealth, want to see the Broncos win on Sunday. One more country where 2 people love us and everyone else hates the Cowboys is Ireland! The luck of the Irish will be with Brisbane!

Countries that had only one voter and it was for us are Russia, Uganda, Ghana & Argentina.

There are a few other countries that are really behind us, not a surprise that PNG loves the Broncos with 24 votes and 58% of them are for Brisbane. They love us in France (5 votes, 60% BRI) and Germany (6 votes, 67% BRI). But the surprising one is that the Broncos are pretty much rock stars in Italy! There have been 28 people that have voted in Italy and 61% voted for the Broncos. Thanks, Italy.

There are some countries that you should avoid going on holidays to, because nobody at all likes us there, but love NQ. China, Sri Lanka, Korea Republic, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, Azerbaijan, South Africa, Mali & Czech Republic all had one person or more vote for NQ and not a single vote for us.

So on gameday, enjoy a lovely pizza and a croissant with a glass of Vodka and avoid Kung Pow Chicken, Biltong and food laced with potassium.

Yeah, Sweden and Norway **** you. You've solved every social problem in the world. Lead us all in education and health. But, You know **** all about football. Get back in you fucking saunas and solve world peace.

What's the word on the street in Spain, [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION]?

Canada looks pretty undecided, maybe we can convince them, eh?

Broncos go into this game in better condition than the Cowboys, IMO.

The week off, the extra day recovery and the fact that we didn't have to travel from Townsville to Melbourne, then Melbourne to Townsville and then Townsville to Sydney.

Broncos looked really relaxed at that press conference. It doesn't look like there is any pressure.

Maybe that could go against us. As we've seen in the past, anything can happen in a Grand Final.

Last edited:

Just googled the pie eater, and he is the ex editor for the Canberra times. All makes sense.

wasnt going to click the link. stopped reading after the first sentence. load of wank from the start. hahaha

TWO MORE GODDAMN SLEEPS.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Cavalo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gaz
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • marw
  • Adammacca
  • Big Del
  • Pablo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.