PRE-GAME Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys v

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
Re: Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys

This is what amazes me. The media are declaring a cowboys win based on a Melbourne win and a win over a team that had no place in the 8.

Yet we beat the benchmark team of the year, convincingly and the Cowboys yet that is all forgotten. I love it

All pre-game Broncos-Roosters, it was "Whoever wins this game will win the premiership". Broncos win, and suddenly "Cowboys will win it, Broncos don't have that extra gear." What? So basically what they meant was, we expect the Roosters to win this and the GF. Oh well. Let them undersell us. They have been doing it all year!

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

This is what amazes me. The media are declaring a cowboys win based on a Melbourne win and a win over a team that had no place in the 8.

Yet we beat the benchmark team of the year, convincingly and the Cowboys yet that is all forgotten. I love it

The Sharks had a pretty good consistent year which they played some good footy and very narrowly missed out on the top 4.

Interesting stuff about the Cowboys though

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

Something that hasn't been mentioned much is that the Storm were down to 12 men for ten minutes.How big of a bearing did that have?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

I feel like we've touched on the Sharks way more than we should.

Good regular season side, but were always going to be found wanting come the post-season. Unlike other teams, they didn't have many excuses either so it is what it is.

They're not the first side either. I don't think many people rated Penrith 2010 or Sharks 2008 as serious post-season teams either.

This is a really tough game to predict. I must have come up with a dozen or so theories for how it will all play out, then come up with 12 reasons why they're stupid theories. End of the day, it's going to be anyone's ball game and it will depend on little moments and how they help a side out.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012

and if you ignore the sharks, the cowboys victory against melbourne last week was their first against a top 8 side since round 10.

Exactly mate.

Brisbane flogged the Roosters and beat the Cowboys (teams 1 and 3), and they have a 2 from 3 record against the Cows this year - how they heck are people supporting the Cows?

William Hill preview on broncos.com.au demonstrates why Brisbane are clear favourites.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

People are supporting the Cowboys because they are the little guy and the Broncos are the big bad wolves.

People like sticking up for the little guy.. When it suits them. In this case, it does. No one apart from Broncos fans wants the club to get back to it's glory days.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Something that hasn't been mentioned much is that the Storm were down to 12 men for ten minutes.How big of a bearing did that have?

Even then, Koroibete was barely match fit and the Cowboys exploited his edge for easy gains.

They were great on the night North Queensland and have really saved their best for last, but so have the Broncos.

However, if you listen to the media, the Broncos only won because the Roosters chose the Prelim Final as their worst performance of the season. Never mind the skill and intensity of the Broncos, they only won because they capitilised on the Roosters mistakes. To be fair, they've settled down from that position and have fapped themselves silly over the McCullough try (not that there is anything wrong with that) but it does expose the general attitude towards the Broncos.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

People are supporting the Cowboys because they are the little guy and the Broncos are the big bad wolves.

People like sticking up for the little guy.. When it suits them. In this case, it does. No one apart from Broncos fans wants the club to get back to it's glory days.

I was listening to the ABC yesterday and they were talking to JT's junior coach from Souths Sunnybank (i think it was) and he said that even the Broncos fans want the Cowboys to win ... WTF was that guy smoking?

you know what I say ... **** the Cowboys.

If they were playing any other team, they would have my support ... but i'm Broncos to the core ... any team playing the Broncos can GO AND GET FUCKED

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013

Got a sneaky $100 on Ben Hunt to score and Broncos to win @ $6. Easy money.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

However, if you listen to the media, the Broncos only won because the Roosters chose the Prelim Final as their worst performance of the season. Never mind the skill and intensity of the Broncos, they only won because they capitilised on the Roosters mistakes. To be fair, they've settled down from that position and have fapped themselves silly over the McCullough try (not that there is anything wrong with that) but it does expose the general attitude towards the Broncos
So very true Big Pete, this is the mainstream attitude of the media and the non Bronco aligned NRL fan base in general. They will go to great lengths to downplay the Broncos achievements or chances. Often dismissing them as the opposition playing poorly, referee bias, home ground advantage etc. It takes an extraordinary thing to get any recognition and even then, it's rarely without some condition attached to it. The Cowboys played great as well against the storm, but they also had their fair share of things go their way, the difference is they aren't the Broncos and since our existence that makes them the more attractive fan wagon to jump on.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013

Got a sneaky 100 on Ben Hunt for Clive Churchill paying 6 bucks

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

I'm going to do us all a favour and not bet on us in any fashion... if I you you can guarantee that the Cowboys will be premiers and i don't think anyone wants to see that

:takdir:

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

The Cowboys won't know what hit them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

All the eggspurts tipping us now. We seemed to do well when they weren't.

S

Sammy's Mum

Oct 2, 2015

We should start a hashtag for broncos support. Maybe #letsgobroncosletsgo - pretty catchy! Better than what the meanies up north will be able to conjure.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Halves are an interesting comparison.

Broncos: 25 tries, 130 tackle breaks, 30 line break assists, 30 try assists.
Cowboys: 19 tries, 100 tackles breaks, 42 line break assists, 44 try assists.

Forwards the Cowboys are ranked one for running meters (48,067m), first for metres after contact (16,875), and first for hit up metres (21,172m).

Comparison of experience is interesting; Brisbane's bench 149 games- Cowboys 493. Forwards Brisbane 1,222 games Cowboys 711.

Cowboys have made more line breaks than anyone else 125 and more tries 116.

The Cowboys forward momentum is outstanding and obviously off the back of that Jono can do his thing. Broncos forwards have a huge job in front of them to stop that.

Tera

Tera

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2014

I'm going to do us all a favour and not bet on us in any fashion... if I you you can guarantee that the Cowboys will be premiers and i don't think anyone wants to see that

:takdir:

My Old Man threw some money on the Cowboys for this exact reason, haha.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.