PRE-GAME Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys v

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Re: Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys

That guy is the editor of Brisbane Times, trying to use his newspaper to spread his Broncos hate. Last time I read that site.

The Broncos hate is very strong right now, back late 90s levels. Brilliant.

You know what that means don't you? Another dynasty is in the air and the NRL world are freaking the **** out.

S

Sammy's Mum

Oct 2, 2015

Just put a lazy $1k on Ben Hunt for the clive. Thaiday will deserve it but always harshly overlooked.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

My Old Man threw some money on the Cowboys for this exact reason, haha.

I do this just about every game haha. I had a $15 insurance policy on the Roosters game.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

Fun fact: this is the first time that both the Broncos and the West Coast Eagles have made the GF in their respective competitions in the same year since...... 2006, and the Eagles won the premiership as well as us.

Last edited:

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

I like the contrast of these two teams; Cowboys forwards are massive and roll on and on. Short passes to the edge and that is where they will be trying to get a retreating Brisbane's defence.

Broncos' defence is the key; against the Roosters they didn't use their passive defence they were up and quick. Boyd is in the line when Brisbane are defending their own 20m. Will he be doing against Jono? It does make Brisbane a danger for short kicks which I still don't think anyone has been able to exploit too much.

Cowboys love sweep plays and lead runner plays- Brisbane's inside defence has to do a massive job. Short to Cooper if you are going back you're gone. Out the back to Morgan if you're going back you're gone.

Brisbane's old school football of halves combining and off-loads has been great. I think you'll see a few surprises this week.

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011

C'mon Broncs, we can do this. 80 away from glory and what looks to be some great years ahead. If we can limit JT and Morgan and stop Scott and Tamou in their tracks we are pretty much there, tall order I know but was done a couple of weeks ago so hopefully it continues.

Also feels like it's a broncs v sydney final with all the love for the cowboys down south, gee we are really not liked that much hey, guess this is how Manly feel all the time haha. Anyway, should be a cracking game and drinking beers in 32 heat, watching the footy and Hodgo lifting the trophy (fingers crossed) will be awesome.

Enjoy everyone, wherever you are watching it from.

Lets go Broncos!!

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

I do this just about every game haha. I had a $15 insurance policy on the Roosters game.

Beat me to it. Surprised I even turned a profit this year on the back of it.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

I like the contrast of these two teams; Cowboys forwards are massive and roll on and on. Short passes to the edge and that is where they will be trying to get a retreating Brisbane's defence.

Broncos' defence is the key; against the Roosters they didn't use their passive defence they were up and quick. Boyd is in the line when Brisbane are defending their own 20m. Will he be doing against Jono? It does make Brisbane a danger for short kicks which I still don't think anyone has been able to exploit too much.

Cowboys love sweep plays and lead runner plays- Brisbane's inside defence has to do a massive job. Short to Cooper if you are going back you're gone. Out the back to Morgan if you're going back you're gone.

Brisbane's old school football of halves combining and off-loads has been great. I think you'll see a few surprises this week.

The coach identified the threat and devised a plan.

Can't wait to see what surprises we have in store for the Cows :takdir:

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

What time does the game start Queensland time?

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

Kevin Walters just interviewed on MMM Deadset Legends..... he reckons Glenn has a niggle but will be right to play.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

The last time Blair and Cooper played against each other in Grand Final was 2003.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwpMjEuUmow

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015

nice little biff towards tthe end there . Also can't believe the touch judge missed that at 1:06

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

1. Parker v Taumalolo

The old stager against the young bull. The 33-year-old Corey Parker is in career best form as he plays in his first grade final since 2006. Jason Taumalolo has altered his game in recent weeks, with more emphasis on shorter stints with more impact. Parker's sublime late offload will again come into play for the likes of Ben Hunt and Anthony Milford while the Cowboys will rely on Taumalolo's go forward to lay the platform for his team.

2. Boyd v Coote

Darius Boyd and Lachlan Coote have overcome injuries to take their place in Sunday's grand final. For Boyd, a snapped Achilles threatened to derail his comeback to Brisbane, with the fullback not playing his first game until round nine. Coote did play first grade until round three after having been forced to learn how to walk again after a serious knee injury last year. Both offer their halves relief with their ball playing ability.

3. Hunt v Thurston

The battle of the inform No.7s. Johnathan Thurston will drag his weary body for one last outing as he hopes to tick off the final box in his decorated career. Ben Hunt, whose form last year saw him make his Test debut, has improved this year. He won't get overawed in the premiership decider, while Thurston needs to battle the weight of expectation of a whole region which rests on his shoulders.

4. Scott v Thaiday

Long-term representative teammates for Queensland and Australia, the veterans will square off on the biggest stage. Sam Thaiday has had a second coming under coach Wayne Bennett after being dumped to the interchange bench in the early stages of the season. Matt Scott has battled neck and thumb injuries to produce his best football in the past month. His form surge has seen the Cowboys dominate their opposition.

5. Gillett v Cooper

Gavin Cooper will take his place on his favoured left edge with an aim of protecting Thurston. Matt Gillett's task on Brisbane's right side, will be to trouble Thurston in defence and ensure plenty of traffic comes his way. In defence, Gillett will need to be aware of being sucked in by Thurston which leaves Cooper – who is among the best hole runners in the competition – an easy passage through the Broncos' defensive line.

6. Milford v Morgan

There are plenty of similarities between both five-eighths. Last year they each set the competition alight with their performances at fullback. Switched to the full-time halves role this year, both players have continued to grow. Anthony Milford has become the most potent attacking player in the competition, while Michael Morgan's threat has made him another point of attack for the Cowboys, taking some much needed pressure away from Thurston.

NRL Grand Final: Brisbane Broncos v North Queensland Cowboys - the key match-ups

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008

Fun fact: this is the first time that both the Broncos and the West Coast Eagles have made the GF in their respective competitions in the same year since...... 2006, and the Eagles won the premiership as well as us.

Hope it's not an omen, West Coast Eagles lost by 46 points.

Mosyzlak

Mosyzlak

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2013

24 frickin hours until we're balls deep into the GF! Sleeping tonight will be like solving a Rubik's cube with both eyes shut

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncoFan94
  • pennywisealfie
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Organix
  • bert_lifts
  • Lozza
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.