Grand Final Discussion

The 3 tries after the one to Hoffman were outstanding. Cronk's pass to Slater was one of the best short pass plays I've seen.

It was a good GF, but saying it's one of the best? Nah.

I can't remember any other off the top of my head that has that sort of intensity, especially in defence. Both teams defended their line like their lives depended on it for decent lengths of time.

The panthers win was probably the last excellent grand final I can remember. Since you disagree, which ones do you think have been better and why? We finally got one with 2 teams that genuinely deserved to be there more than any other, the 2 who were the best all season, and they both showed why they were in this match.

While this season was pretty bad, I think the previous few we're worse overall. 2010 was without doubt the worst, with 2011 not far behind. 2009 was poor too. This year at least we had the bulldogs and storm playing awesome footy, half a season of genuine good footy from the broncos, the cowboys flying high, souths being exciting for the first time in 20 years (mainly thanks to inglis), the raiders returning to some form, the sharks being a real shot at the title for a while....I honestly thought that apart from the absolutely pathetic refereeing it was a big step up from the last 3-4 years.

Oh and Bennetts team missed the finals :D

Last edited:
Only grand final that comes close to this one since 03 is 06 and unfortunately it was spoilt by some very one-sided referring (bout time refs. went our way in a finals game though). The quality of the defence was just incredibly awesome and watching the Storm apply the perfect offensive and defensive gameplan against the Dogs was magnificent. They exposed Reynolds big time in defence & rarely let the Dogs work plays down the edges inside the red zone.

2012 as a whole was fairly ordinary for mine. Season looked like it was heating up before Origin came along and derailed a lot of the top sides. It's a testament to the Storm they were able to coast and save their best until the grand final. Their slump is the worst I've seen them play since 05.

Thought it was basically a two horse race with Manly smokies but they never reached their potential and were very flakey this year.

Rest were either solid or flat out ordinary if not crap.

Still don't think it's the worst season I've seen though. Would rate it above 2010 & 2007 on memory while putting it on par with 2008 & 2004.

Wonder if the Dogs fans have started rioting yet.
yes . alot wont stop crying foul by the refs . claims they were robed
The 3 tries after the one to Hoffman were outstanding. Cronk's pass to Slater was one of the best short pass plays I've seen.
cronk man of the match
cronk rush into roo team now

Regardless, Cronk was always going to be an auto selection.

Piss poor effort from Graham, Tyson would be ashamed.

A poster on the bulldogs forum said Graham tried biting a few weeks ago, but missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Storm played pretty much the perfect game of rugby league. The Bulldogs weren't bad but simply weren't allowed to do anything in attack thanks to the Storm.

Lol.

27578725.jpg

What a brilliant performance from Melb. I don't know how it came up on tellie but live the defence by their outside backs was brilliant and near perfect. It had a pretty high risk but it worked, absolute brilliant coaching from Bellamy.

The way they hung back just that bit until the dogs went to their second man play then put it all on the line by being so aggressive and cutting the ball off was so good to see live. For a non scoring second half it was fantastic entertainment.

Congrates to all the non salary cap cheats who were left behind to rebuild the club, a weaker group would have totally disbanded and taken the big money which was offered. The premiership was well deserved.

Yep, was just as impressive on telly.

Hearing a lot of negative feedback on the grand final but watching the Storm apply the perfect game plan was entertaining from my POV. Dogs didn't play poorly at all.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Morkel
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • Santa
  • Hurrijo
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • Stix
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.