Re: Grand Final Meet Up - TOUCH WOOD/NOT TEMPTING FATE/IF WE MAKE IT, IFFFFF

I'm interested

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

I should be in to meet up. I'm definitely going if we make it.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Alternatively, if it's easier for everyone (due to logistics obviously), we could have a meet-up at a finals match?

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008

I'll be going to the GF if we get there, I passed on 2006 and you never know when you might get another chance.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013

Would love to make it but I don't have the necessary money to get over to Sydney this year.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

I'll be going to the GF if we get there, I passed on 2006 and you never know when you might get another chance.

Told this to my mate who supported Collingwood in 2010, I said you have to go you don't know how long it will be until they make it again..

He said something like their premiership window will be open for a while and they'll make it again, well they did but lost and haven't made it since.

NRL premiership windows are so much smaller, you basically only get one shot at it and that little bit of good fortune that you need to win it doesn't come along often.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008

I believe if you have the chance or opportunity to attend a gf and your team is in it you should grasp the chance with both hands . Life is ridiculously short and should it present itself,that chance must be taken. You may get another in years to come but that particular chance will never come again. It might be a great story in years to come, that time when you almost went and history was made but a great story is shit when contrasted against actually having taken the opportunity when it arose. It's a way better story to tell when you took the shot and were there when it happened.

I know because I took it, I was there when the Broncos won their first ever gf in 92. I stood for hours to get obstructed view seats and the sold out sign was thrust in my face as I fronted the counter. In desperation I begged the 15 year old scalper who had just snapped up the last 16 tickets offering him $300 for two tickets he had just purchased for $42.50 each. He accepted the easy money and I was there, over the line. My mate flew from Cairns,confident his mate would secure the tickets but not knowing I had them until he arrived. If we make it and you can get there, whatever it takes...do it.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

I'll be overseas but having been there in 2006 when we got over the storm, I'd strongly recommend going if you have the means to do so. Unforgettable experience. I paid through the nose for the tickets and the flights after the bulldogs PF but I'd do it all again in a heartbeat if I could.

I'll be representing in NYC at an expat bar, proudly wearing the jersey should we make it to the big dance.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

yup. i bought GF tickets when the members pre sale started months ago. I'll be there if we make it, if we don't i'll sell them for face value.

like people have said, may only get one chance. its a bucket list type thing for me.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008

If we make it, i will be at the game by hook or crook.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014

If we make it, i will be at the game by hook or crook.

Of those two methods I'd suggest you choose Crook. If you go by Hook the effort will be there but you might not get the results, plus he'll stop at every KFC along the way.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012

BHQ!

I desperately do not want to tempt fate, but seeing as we are in the top two, perhaps we should discuss options for the Grand Final, should we be fortunate enough to make it there. Just on the basis that it would be really difficult to organise it all if we left it until we were 100% confirmed as making it.

How many BHQ'ers would be going if we make it that far?

Would there be any interest in a BHQ meet up at the grand final, or a bunch of folk sitting together?

Serious replies only.

I'll be there.

My wife has actually threatened to divorce me of I DON'T GO! (she reckons I'm bad enough during regular games, she's deeply concerned how bad I'll be on GF day if we are there).

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014

Definitely up for this.

How hard is it to get seating rearranged after buying tickets (assuming multiple people are going)?

Haven't bought any yet, but thinking I will in short order. Just not sure which class of ticket would be the go.

If we don't make it all the way, shouldn't be too hard to resell. But I believe!

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

I go almost every year. Great experience.
My wife will be filthy if the Broncos make it and she is sitting home alone while I am at the GF with my mates. For any of you that do go make sure you are down there Saturday and go to Rosehill for the big race day, your GF ticket gets you in free of charge and it is another fantastic day.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014

I go almost every year. Great experience.
My wife will be filthy if the Broncos make it and she is sitting home alone while I am at the GF with my mates. For any of you that do go make sure you are down there Saturday and go to Rosehill for the big race day, your GF ticket gets you in free of charge and it is another fantastic day.

interesting
I might go to the races now I know that

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008

Sooo, how are we all shaping up, I don't want to jinx anything here but a plan should be started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wendall Taylor
  • sooticus
  • Galah
  • Seibs
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.