Greg Inglis signing thread.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
jarro65 said:
The longer this shite drags on the more i'm thinking he might end up at the Tits.

It's gotta be about money at the end of the day hasn't it ?

Depends how important winning and playing at a decent club matter to Inglis.

Well the Tits wouldn't be the worst club in the world to join.

We're a much better option if he's chasing a premiership anytime soon, but i reckon the mighty $$$$$$ might be the decisive factor at the end of the day.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
What? You think that team of has beens is capable of winning a GF? lol, turn it up.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Nashy said:
What? You think that team of has beens is capable of winning a GF? lol, turn it up.

I'm a Broncos fan mate :roll:

B

broncos777

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2010
nelly77 said:
PETERN said:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/gold-coast-titans-covert-bid-for-greg-inglis/story-e6frep5x-1225900226947

Gold Coast Titans' covert bid for Greg Inglis

* Steve Ricketts
* August 03, 2010 12:01AM

SURF'S UP: The Gold Coast Titans and the Gold Coast surf may yet lure Greg Inglis north. Picture: Colleen Petch Source: The Courier-Mail

THE race to sign Greg Inglis took a dramatic turn yesterday when the Melbourne Storm superstar made a flying visit to the Gold Coast to talk terms with the Titans.

Inglis and his fiancee Sally Robinson are understood to have met with Titans chief executive Michael Searle to discuss a possible relocation to Queensland in 2011 as the Storm look to shed players as a result of the club's salary cap rorts.

The Broncos remain favourites to sign Inglis, who shapes as the player most likely to be cut from Melbourne's "Fab Four", which also comprises Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk.

But the Titans are refusing to concede defeat and yesterday's clandestine meeting is proof of their determination to sign the 23-year-old, who is almost a local, considering he played his junior football on the NSW North Coast at Bowraville.

The Titans could not have hoped for a better day to attempt to woo the Queensland State of Origin mainstay. Inglis escaped arctic conditions in Melbourne and jetted into bright sunshine on the Coast.

While the Titans previously courted publicity about visits of Jonah Lomu and Wests Tigers rake Robbie Farah, this time they wanted to keep things under wraps as Inglis looked over the club's multimillion-dollar centre of excellence at Robina.

Searle did not return calls last night, while Inglis's manager Allan Gainey was also unable to be contacted.

The Titans claim they have not yet tabled a formal offer, waiting instead for word of Inglis's release by the Storm.

Yesterday's visit was approved by the Melbourne heirarchy, on the condition he report back for training today ahead of Saturday's match against Manly at Brookvale Oval.

The Storm have virtually conceded defeat in their battle to keep Inglis, and they are not promoting one suitor over another, although they would prefer he go to the highest bidder.

South Sydney co-owner Russell Crowe was also set to wine and dine Inglis this week in a bid to sign him for the Rabbitohs.

WOW - a few peeps here are gonna have egg all over their snouts if GI does in fact sign for the Titans, or any club other than the Broncos for that matter....Has been funny over the last week or two reading that "GI has already signed", "the deals been done" etc etc etc LOL...Thankz for your inside 'sauces' guys! hah

Cough cough AEETEE, Raw Boned Youngster and 1 or 2 others [icon_evillaugh

You'd better hope GI does sign with Brisbane, otherwise you two are gonna look pretty stupid (with your 'inside information' not being quite so accurate LOL)
No worries mate, I just won't pass on my info. BTW it will be my source who has the egg on his face not me. I was just passing on information that I thought you might want to know. The person writing that article probally knows less than I do so he might be the one with egg on his face considering I have already said something diferent. Anyway guys just don't listen to this tool who buys into the media specualation. Wheather he signs with the Titans or not he is still dumb for getting so caught up in the media!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, don't shoot the messenger! Ban the bra! Equal opportunity for women! Give peace a chance!

S

sydney_bronco09

NYC Player
Apr 24, 2008
The Greg Inglis contract saga is tipped to gather some much-needed momentum this week following key talks during the past 48 hours.

Inglis, who has a firm two-year offer from Brisbane, flew into the Gold Coast on Sunday night after contributing a try in Melbourne's 36-12 win over Canberra, to inspect the Titans' facilities and potential areas to live.

It's believed the Gold Coast club gave his agent Allan Gainey their counter offer to the Broncos bid on Monday and that there were talks in Sydney on Tuesday with the NRL to go over the paperwork and offers on the table.

While neither Gainey or the NRL would confirm a meeting took place, Titans coach John Cartwright was able to confirm reports that Inglis had spent Monday checking out the club's set-up at Robina.

"I had a quick chat (with Inglis on Monday) but that's in the hands of Searlie (Titans chief executive Michael Searl) and his manager," said Cartwright.

"It was a positive move from him and a positive move from our club to know there's a player there we feel can really benefit us and we're in there for him.

"Whether we get him or not, that's up to him and his manager."

Asked if the club had made its offer to Inglis, Cartwright said: "I'm not involved in that process, Michael and his manager will work that out."

"He had a look around the training centre and some areas to live on the Gold Coast.

"He's got a lot to weigh up. The NRL has to look at it, Melbourne have to look at it, so it's a long process I would imagine."

Efforts to contact Gainey on Tuesday were again unsuccessful.

However a Melbourne spokesman said Inglis had been told the decision on where he went if he left was entirely up to him to make.

Inglis is known to have told some of his Queensland Origin team mates if he leaves Melbourne, he'll play for Brisbane in 2011.

Despite the 11th hour bid by the Titans and talk of South Sydney owner Russell Crowe wining and dining the Storm superstar in Sydney this week in a late bid to lure him to Redfern next year, the Broncos remain favourites to win his prized signature.

He would be an instant fit for Israel Folau, who is heading off to the AFL, as he already has a good friendship and on-field relationship with Justin Hodges who is making slow progress back from an Achilles injury.

Inglis' fiancee Sally Robinson lives and works in Brisbane which is why he wants to head north. And the attraction of playing alongside his Queensland and Australian captain Darren Lockyer in his last few seasons at the Broncos is another factor in Brisbane's favour.

MAKE OF THIS WHAT YOU MAY!

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sp ... 115cc.html

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
So the only thing really holding back this deal is the Storm, right?

Hurry up already.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Pretty sure Inglis owns a house in Paddington so wouldn't he just live there??

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Titans with GI would be a great team, personally I think they are pretty good now. This year just about any team has shown that they can win against any team. Maybe with a bit of luck and some games playing at their best the Titan would win this year.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Titans have the attacking creativity of Peter Wallace. ie, none.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
yeah the titans are one of those teams where they go well all season, but you know theyre not gonna win the premiership. they just dont have the extra something, or the ability to dig deep and win the hard matches with everything on the line. they could finish minor premiers by a clear 10 wins and i still would bet on them missing the grand final.

like the dragons.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:

They go a lot better with Bird not there, or at least not at number 6. They are a serious danger with Rogers at #6

And Coxy enough of the agenda against Wallace in EVERY thread, it is getting boring :roll:

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
I don't about that this year. Prince has come a long way. Anyways, with any team they could benefit heaps from GI.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Anonymous person said:
yeah the titans are one of those teams where they go well all season, but you know theyre not gonna win the premiership. they just dont have the extra something, or the ability to dig deep and win the hard matches with everything on the line. they could finish minor premiers by a clear 10 wins and i still would bet on them missing the grand final.

like the dragons.

This.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Russo said:
Coxy said:

They go a lot better with Bird not there, or at least not at number 6. They are a serious danger with Rogers at #6

And Coxy enough of the agenda against Wallace in EVERY thread, it is getting boring :roll:

Doesn't he like Wallace? [icon_wink

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Titans are crying out for a bloke like GI, they have no strike power and no X factor..

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • Manofoneway
  • Behold
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • PETERN
  • The Boss
  • Wolfie
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • maddo
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.