Greg Inglis signing thread.

Cronk is what he is because of Bellamy.

Add Tolman, and the other guy at Canterbury to that list.
The Storm produce great team players because each player has a specific and practised role. What the players lack in natural talent, they make up for with a clearly designated job to do.

I love watching the Storm because there is a plan - the killer play is worked towards.

If Wallace played at Melbourne, where he had meticulously rehearsed ruck plays and a clinical dummy half, we would be talking about him as a superstar.

There is the difference.

Inglis can do it with physical gifts.
A lot of the others do it because of rote learning.

The Broncos would get significantly better value out of Inglis that Cronk.
That, my confused viewers of the game,is the reality.

To the Wallace doubters, consider that maybe he feels frustrated by the sloppiness of some of his forwards.
He has an excellent brain, but he is at the mercy of the crispness of his service and options.

Think about that.

Anyway, we are really fortunate to have a player of his nous.

Point the finger at numbers 8 to 13.

MELBOURNE officials are still waiting for the Broncos and Titans to finalise their offers for Greg Inglis, but Sin Bin has been told there is such a significant difference between the amounts the clubs have indicated they could pay the superstar that serious questions would be asked if he was released to Brisbane. While the Storm will not tell Inglis which club to choose, they can enforce their $660,000-per-season contract with him for the next two years. But should Inglis join the Broncos, it is believed the Storm would be required to include $205,000 per season under their salary cap for the next two years as the difference between his contract and the Brisbane deal valued at $400,000 plus a car. In contrast, the Titans' offer would result in the Storm paying $100,000 under next year's salary cap and nothing in 2012. Inglis is expected to make a decision on his future on Monday.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 11ojr.html

The Storm will certainly be hoping Inglis signs with the Titans given the amounts they would have to include under the cap for the next 2 years.

But it also pretty much means that he will be getting the same money at either club the with the only difference being the amount he receives from the Storm

if inglis is fair dinkum of winning a comp in the next 24 months there is only one place he has a real shot at achieving that. with d-lock and co he could win multiple, legally. after all he hasnt won a comp yet has he :P

Foordy said:
MELBOURNE officials are still waiting for the Broncos and Titans to finalise their offers for Greg Inglis, but Sin Bin has been told there is such a significant difference between the amounts the clubs have indicated they could pay the superstar that serious questions would be asked if he was released to Brisbane. While the Storm will not tell Inglis which club to choose, they can enforce their $660,000-per-season contract with him for the next two years. But should Inglis join the Broncos, it is believed the Storm would be required to include $205,000 per season under their salary cap for the next two years as the difference between his contract and the Brisbane deal valued at $400,000 plus a car. In contrast, the Titans' offer would result in the Storm paying $100,000 under next year's salary cap and nothing in 2012. Inglis is expected to make a decision on his future on Monday.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 11ojr.html

The Storm will certainly be hoping Inglis signs with the Titans given the amounts they would have to include under the cap for the next 2 years.

But it also pretty much means that he will be getting the same money at either club the with the only difference being the amount he receives from the Storm
No chance IMO.
The storm won't be putting anything under next years salary cap, NRL will just include it under this years salary cap otherwise the Storm will barely have a $3m cap next year.

i think if it is a fight between the titans and broncos, we will win simply because of the chance of winning more. i dont think inglis will be any better off financially at the titans unless they are doing a storm version 2.0

Titans have a very old list also so thre best chance of winning something is in the next couple of years. The Broncos on the other hand have a heap of youngster who all look likely and could create an era of dominance.

Bucking Beads said:
The Broncos on the other hand have a heap of youngster who all look likely and could create an era of dominance.
Until the salary caps rapes us at least, like it did to Melbourne.

Alec said:
Bucking Beads said:
The Broncos on the other hand have a heap of youngster who all look likely and could create an era of dominance.
Until the salary caps rapes us at least, like it did to Melbourne.

Should have all the new Salary cap rules by then I hope.

well what a f****** waste of exercise that was. we ideally need another quality back, or perhaps move gillet to left centre full time next season?

If we got him that'd be great but having money to retain players is just as good.

The question remains though - who succeeds Folau's position in the future.

if he comes he comes, but if he decides to stay with the Storm or sign with the Titans, i'm still happy with our team for 2011 and i am excited about seeing what Copley could do if given an extended run in the top grade next year.

I wouldn't mind Beale given a run first, he started playing pretty well before he got injured, but if his not good enough then Copley should get a run..

If he doesnt end up going to Queensland he is the biggest twat in history. What a waste of time this last four weeks have been.

Good luck to him, Melbourne are idiots. I actually want him to stay just so I can laugh at Melbourne all year next year when they are losing every game because they have 13, 18 year olds in the team... LOL.

Oh and I can't help but bring up the Titans offer.
$660,000 in 2012?
HUH? WHAT? SORRY? ME NO UNDERSTAND.......
How the f*ck can any club afford to pay ANY player, let alone a centre, 660k with the salary cap the way it is..... Stinks of suspicious.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.