Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

Donny said:
The Brizz said:
I think people have the right to ask the question just like people here do of other teams when they sign big names. We have some very big names at the club and it is even surprising to me how we fit them all in by bringing Inglis in as well.

We have let go Michaels plus Folau is leaving. The Broncos are unlikely to re-sign Sims and i am guessing that Setu is leaving. The Broncos do have a few higher profile players but we also have a number of younger guys who wouldnt be on much cash atm. Plus the increase in the Salary cap has hopefully given the Broncos that little bit extra that may be required to get Ingliss!

I wonder what type of deal the Broncos would be offering? You think we have learnt our lesson after Folau and there will be no more get out clauses for higher profile players!!!

with the cap going up for next year plus the increase in 3rd party allowances we would have a start of 250k you get rid of Michaels and we would have around 400-450k

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

lol. You have absolutely NO ideas how much any of those players were playing for, what sort of money is left in the cap, how the contracts are made, or if we are rorting the cap.

I have no doubt that the Broncos are not over the cap.

But as always, salary cap arguments are the dumbest arguments to get into. Because the reality is. None of us have any fucking idea.

M

mjc

BRL Player
Jan 14, 2009

The Rock said:
1. Hoffman
2. Kemp
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCollough
10. Tronc
11. Thaiday
12. Teo
13. Parker

FARK. ME. DEAD. Probably the best starting 13 the Broncos will have in YEARS!

Lose McCullough and have Hunt as hooker. So much better!

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

The Rock said:
Hunt and Clinton also left before this year. So that's Folau, Hunt, Clinton, Michaels, Sims and Setu all to be gone in the last 2 years. And we've signed Inglis and Hannant...and re-signed a few young guns.

Folau is basically a straight swap for Inglis as far as cash goes. Clinton and Michaels would be worth Hannant's dosh. And then we still have dosh remaining.

The people that suggest the Broncos are over the cap clearly have no idea about who we've lost in the past.

OMG, you know something we don't? [icon_razz1 icon_thumbs_u

L

Locky24

QCup Player
May 17, 2009

Jeba said:
From TripleM_NRL on Twitter:

BREAKING: inglis' manager tells MMM: 'Broncos likely to offer contract next wk. Melb would release him at seasons end' #nrl

Does this mean tomorrow? (as in next week) cause its monday? or the week after?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008

rowdy24 said:
Jeba said:
From TripleM_NRL on Twitter:

BREAKING: inglis' manager tells MMM: 'Broncos likely to offer contract next wk. Melb would release him at seasons end' #nrl

Does this mean tomorrow? (as in next week) cause its monday? or the week after?

That there, the biggest issue of this thread. Fair dinkum.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

gotta laugh, for most of the first half of the year the 'experts' tipped us to miss the 8 with a poor roster after the player losses last year, and now they think we are cheating the cap.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

[icon_lol1. TK is having a whinge on the Roast about the Broncos.

EDIT: And now Gus is insinuating the Broncos cheated the cap in one of those six premiership wins.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010

Big Pete said:

EDIT: And now Gus is insinuating the Broncos cheated the cap in one of those six premiership wins.

Yer im watching it too. Gus has always hated the Broncos because he is a NSW wanker!!! TK said its unfair well to bad you fucking wanker!!

Vossy said he would put his life on it that Ingliss will be going to the Broncos didnt he? The signs are looking good!!!

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008

Big Pete said:

It is common knowledge that we were over the cap in 2006, but it was only a minor amount and it was not cheating, it was, simply put, a clerical error, which we admitted to before the auditors even picked it up. That's not cheating. And we were fined accordingly and copped it on the chin. Life goes on.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

97 & 98 there was basically no cap.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

It just shows you how ignorant TK is.

Vossy got it right, all you have to do is look at their list of losses to understand how the Broncos could be under the cap.

I mean last year the club offered Hunt 400K+ which he balked at and released Clinton who was on about 250K+ if reports are to be believed and only signed up a few fringe first graders and a number of juniors, so surely there was still money free.

The Broncos have since signed up even more juniors, signed Tronc who was prepared to play QCup and Hannant. You'd think that would be enough to cover the losses of Hunt and Clinton but then the Broncos have since gone onto lose Folau, Marsh, Michaels and Winter and have basically conceded that Sims and Setu won't be here next season. With all that cash free surely it's safe to assume we could afford Inglis on reasonably good coin.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Big Pete said:
With all that cash free surely it's safe to assume we could afford Inglis on reasonably good coin.

Not only that, we could probably afford another big name if we want!

To suggest we're over the cap this season is utter madness.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

The Rock said:
Hunt and Clinton also left before this year. So that's Folau, Hunt, Clinton, Michaels, Sims and Setu all to be gone in the last 2 years. And we've signed Inglis and Hannant...and re-signed a few young guns.

Folau is basically a straight swap for Inglis as far as cash goes. Clinton and Michaels would be worth Hannant's dosh. And then we still have dosh remaining.

The people that suggest the Broncos are over the cap clearly have no idea about who we've lost in the past.
You forgot Marsh who by all reports got paid out 180k Salary which did NOT count under this year or next years salary cap because it was a forced retirment.

So just in the last two years it's
OUT: Folau, Hunt, Clinton, Michaels, Sims, Seto, Marsh, Winterstein + Cap being raised next year.
INS: Inglis*, Tronc, Kemp, Hannant.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008

I think you people missed my point, people on this forum either rightly or wrongly have a go at the Dogs and the Roosters for 'being over the cap' all the time when they sign players but will blow up deluxe if they same accusation is sent our way when the situation is very similar. I don't think we are over and I certainly hope we are not all I am saying is that I can certainly see why fans from teams like Cronulla, Canberra and Newcastle would get frustrated by a signing like this and ask the question. We have a very good squad and if we do get Inglis we must be running an incredibly tight salary cap line to get him.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

The problem for Newcastle, Cronnulla and Canberra is that nobody wants to play for them to start with. Boo hoo for them that the Broncos are a club that can attract quality players.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008

Bucking Beads said:
The problem for Newcastle, Cronnulla and Canberra is that nobody wants to play for them to start with. Boo hoo for them that the Broncos are a club that can attract quality players.

I completely agree but it must be hard for there fans considering how good our squad is already compared to theirs and that they would have been able to and would have offered more money.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

The Brizz said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":342c6kqq]The problem for Newcastle, Cronnulla and Canberra is that nobody wants to play for them to start with. Boo hoo for them that the Broncos are a club that can attract quality players.

I completely agree but it must be hard for there fans considering how good our squad is already compared to theirs and that they would have been able to and would have offered more money.[/quote:342c6kqq]

I agree, I have no doubt we have signed players for less because we are the Broncos.

Unread

Active Now

• westy316
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.