Greg Inglis signing thread.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

Vossy made a good point today on the Sunday Roast. TK said it was unfair that the Broncos could get Ingliss and then Vossy said why, look at the players we have had to let go because of the salary cap. Players such as Boyd, Hunt, Ennis, Hannant, Stagg, Winterstein, Michaels and now Folau. Not to mention the fact that it seems likely Sims, and Setu wont re-sign.

You dont hear them mention the fact that the Broncos have the youngest squad in the NRL. The youngest team in the NRL the majority of players would only still be on their first or second contract which wouldnt be worth huge coin one would think!! Excluding Folau because he wont be at the broncos next year, who else in the Broncos backline would be on super good wages. Lockyer and Hodges, Wallace maybe on decent cash! The Broncos foward pack you would think Parker and Thaiday. Nobody else. That IMO leaves a shit load of cap space!!!!!

It's just another example of NSW media/supporters having a go at a QLD club!! Jelousy is a curse NSW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

TK is a germ adn we all know Gould has always had a grudge against the Broncos. Let them whinge about us it just makes them look stupid when nobody came out and asked questions about the Storm over the last 4 years.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010

Bucking Beads said:
TK is a germ adn we all know Gould has always had a grudge against the Broncos. Let them whinge about us it just makes them look stupid when nobody came out and asked questions about the Storm over the last 4 years.

Lol, Gus is so full of Shit! I remeber at the start of the season when the Storm beat the Dragons he said that the Storm were his favourite to win the premiership. Then when the cap scandal broke he said he had known about it for a few months.

BULL SHIT GOULD!!!!! Go and tug yourself some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

The Brizz said:
I think you people missed my point, people on this forum either rightly or wrongly have a go at the Dogs and the Roosters for 'being over the cap' all the time when they sign players but will blow up deluxe if they same accusation is sent our way when the situation is very similar. I don't think we are over and I certainly hope we are not all I am saying is that I can certainly see why fans from teams like Cronulla, Canberra and Newcastle would get frustrated by a signing like this and ask the question. We have a very good squad and if we do get Inglis we must be running an incredibly tight salary cap line to get him.

The difference is the Roosters and Dogs are notoriously active in player recruitment, which was something the salary cap. was trying to stamp out.

The Broncos get accused because their structure resembles the Storm. Although, if anyone outside of the fanbase actually had a look at our losses and the players that have come up to replace them, they'd be far more understanding.

Most of those clubs are terribly mismanaged.

Just look at Newcastle. Most of their roster is made up of fringe first graders while most of the big money is tied up in players who aren't living up to their worth (eg. Cross, Mullen, Simpson). Not to mention, they've been pretty active so far in player recruitment.

Cronulla same sort of deal, but they have been paying overs for juniors like Wright, Vave and Kelly.

Canberra are notoriously mismanaged. Just look at the Campese signing, 5 years and huge pay for a few weeks of good form. They also end to go for fringe first graders, instead of looking to sign promising juniors to encourage others to stick around with the club.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010

I'd take a 100K a year pay cut to play with a club that actually has a chance of winning a Premiership! Look at the all the advantages you would gain. Playing in front of a fan base that is second to none in the NRL, Better chances of making rep teams if your playing in a team that is playing well and has good players! Plus the big one an NRL premiership!!!!!!!!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

broncospwn said:
The Rock said:
Hunt and Clinton also left before this year. So that's Folau, Hunt, Clinton, Michaels, Sims and Setu all to be gone in the last 2 years. And we've signed Inglis and Hannant...and re-signed a few young guns.

Folau is basically a straight swap for Inglis as far as cash goes. Clinton and Michaels would be worth Hannant's dosh. And then we still have dosh remaining.

The people that suggest the Broncos are over the cap clearly have no idea about who we've lost in the past.
You forgot Marsh who by all reports got paid out 180k Salary which did NOT count under this year or next years salary cap because it was a forced retirment.

So just in the last two years it's
OUT: Folau, Hunt, Clinton, Michaels, Sims, Seto, Marsh, Winterstein + Cap being raised next year.
INS: Inglis*, Tronc, Kemp, Hannant.

also Locky reportedly took a sizable pay cut to stay with the club

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

The Brizz said:
I think you people missed my point, people on this forum either rightly or wrongly have a go at the Dogs and the Roosters for 'being over the cap' all the time when they sign players but will blow up deluxe if they same accusation is sent our way when the situation is very similar. I don't think we are over and I certainly hope we are not all I am saying is that I can certainly see why fans from teams like Cronulla, Canberra and Newcastle would get frustrated by a signing like this and ask the question. We have a very good squad and if we do get Inglis we must be running an incredibly tight salary cap line to get him.

Too right mate. [eusa_clap.gi

Certain people on here will bitch and moan when the bulldogs sign someone (already heard it this weekend) but as soon as someone questions us its like blasphemy. Get over it, deal with it, every team will face accusations like that, through either jealousy or actual concerns.

L

Locky24

QCup Player
May 17, 2009

Jeba said:
rowdy24 said:
Jeba said:
From TripleM_NRL on Twitter:

BREAKING: inglis' manager tells MMM: 'Broncos likely to offer contract next wk. Melb would release him at seasons end' #nrl

Does this mean tomorrow? (as in next week) cause its monday? or the week after?

That there, the biggest issue of this thread. Fair dinkum.

Does anyone have a clue when the broncos will offer him a contract?

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010

Twitter said next week which i assume is the week thats starts tomoz. I dont really know how reliable Twitter is though!!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

DIfference is the Broncos are accused of rorting the cap by having developed all there own stars whilst roosters an dogs by talent and rarely produce it.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008

The Rock said:
Foordy said:
If it is for personal reasons it would more than likely be the club nearest his family ... so where do they live eusa_think

In Melbourne....

Kempsy actually....

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Flutterby said:
The Rock said:
Foordy said:
If it is for personal reasons it would more than likely be the club nearest his family ... so where do they live eusa_think

In Melbourne....

Kempsy actually....

Kempsey actually... [icon_wink

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010

I watched the news tonight and wasnt even any mention of Ingliss considering signing with the Broncos. No mention of it on any of the NRL sites either. Strange

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Donny said:
I watched the news tonight and wasnt even any mention of Ingliss considering signing with the Broncos. No mention of it on any of the NRL sites either. Strange

It was on sports tonight down in Melbourne. When there is smoke there is fire! icon_thumbs_u

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010

Bucking Beads said:
Donny said:

It was on sports tonight down in Melbourne. When there is smoke there is fire! icon_thumbs_u

Funny because QLD Channel 9 news didnt mention it! What did sports tonight say??

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Donny said:
Bucking Beads said:
Donny said:

Funny because QLD Channel 9 news didnt mention it! What did sports tonight say??

Not much, just mentioned it that is about it.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Bucking Beads said:
DIfference is the Broncos are accused of rorting the cap by having developed all there own stars whilst roosters an dogs by talent and rarely produce it.
I don't know about that. I would say the Bulldogs are right up there in producing talent themselves.
SBW, Omeley, Mason, Sherwin, Utai, Hazem, Maitua, Price, Idris, Barba, Anasta, Thurston, Tonga, Asotasi and that's just what I can remember.

Roosters I definitely agree on, they just buy any player they can.

Active Now

• Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.