Greg Inglis signing thread.

Schmix: I believe that the thoroughbreds have been used to give us an advantage in signing, no doubt. But I'm not saying that they ACTUALLY have. 2 completely different things. Am I not allowed to think something without accusing them? I'm not saying 'they cheated using the thoroughbreds', I'm saying 'i THINK they have, somewhere along the lines, used the thoroughbreds to effectively cheat the salary cap'.

Beads, don't start the 'you're not a broncos fan' bull$hit again.

I think that's a VERY fine line you're drawing with regards to the definition of "suggesting", but I accept your point.

Anonymous person said:
to be honest, i think the thoroughbreds and any organisation like it for any other teams is a bit of a gee up. its pretty much a way of circumventing the salary cap to give people extra money, or things that directly replace extra money.

i mean, it came out that over the years theyd given wayne bennett over $1 million in payments outside of the salary cap,

Umm...there is no salary cap for coaches.

In which case the fact it wasn't declared to the NRL or the Broncos is, well, none of their f'in business. It was a private business arrangement between Bennett and an associate.

Absolutely zero to do with the game and the fact the media and players made a big hoo hah about it is an absolute joke.

AP you're a jackass.

to say that because one thing was happening (legal payments to bennett), that other things might be happening (illegal payments to players) is so vague it can be applied to anything.

and then you say cap rorting in brisbane " - is possible". bloody hell, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. I'm not saying that you have a penis on your head but it's possible. right? idiot.

shadow said:
and then you say cap rorting in brisbane " - is possible". bloody hell, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. I'm not saying that you have a penis on your head but it's possible. right? idiot.

I lol'd. [icon_lol1.

ningnangnong said:
shadow said:

I lol'd. [icon_lol1.
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
LOOOOLLL, that's got to be the post of the week hahaha.

broncospwn said:
ningnangnong said:
shadow said:

I lol'd. [icon_lol1.
Thank you for this shadow, brightened up a sombre night! [icon_lol1.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 1238z.html

Bid for Broncos knocked back

Brad Walter
August 14, 2010

A GROUP of passionate Brisbane Broncos supporters and shareholders made a recent approach to buy News Ltd's controlling stake in the club, but were told the media group had no intention of selling - ever.

The revelation comes amid questions about News's ownership of the NRL's two most successful clubs and a push for a second Brisbane team to end a monopoly giving the Broncos an advantage over rivals.

An Ipswich consortium is preparing a bid to enter the premiership in 2013, while some wealthy Queensland Cup clubs also have ambitions to join the top tier.

Both issues have surfaced in the wake of Melbourne superstar Greg Inglis's transfer from the News-owned Storm to the Broncos, in which News holds a 68.87 per cent shareholding.

Rival clubs, with the exception of the Titans, say they were advised not to waste their time tabling an offer for Inglis, and Gold Coast officials concede that doing so was a pointless exercise as the Test centre was going only to the Broncos if he left Melbourne.

Officials from other clubs were shocked to learn this week that Inglis would be included in Brisbane's salary cap for $300,000 - the same as fellow Test centre Justin Hodges, while Australian captain Darren Lockyer and Test forward Sam Thaiday are all listed for less.

The Broncos are to able to do so by using third parties to supplement the incomes of their stars through either the marquee player allowance, which has been doubled to $300,000 per club next season, or deals with non-club sponsors that have no limit.

Other clubs say the Broncos have an unfair advantage as they are the only NRL side in a rugby-league-mad city of 2 million, while Sydney has nine teams battling for the support of only twice that population.

According to the Broncos' half-yearly financial report released on Thursday, the club's revenue for the first six months of this year was $13,617,713 - more than what some clubs earn in a full year.

wtf? I just did a double take... So it's our fault that the Sydney market is overcrowded and there aren't enough sponsors dollars to go around? **** you Sydney press.

audragon said:
broncospwn said:
ningnangnong said:
shadow said:

I lol'd. [icon_lol1.
Thank you for this shadow, brightened up a sombre night! [icon_lol1.

This has to go to the pool room.

Steve said:
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/bid-for-broncos-knocked-back-20100813-1238z.html

Bid for Broncos knocked back

Brad Walter
August 14, 2010

A GROUP of passionate Brisbane Broncos supporters and shareholders made a recent approach to buy News Ltd's controlling stake in the club, but were told the media group had no intention of selling - ever.

The revelation comes amid questions about News's ownership of the NRL's two most successful clubs and a push for a second Brisbane team to end a monopoly giving the Broncos an advantage over rivals.

An Ipswich consortium is preparing a bid to enter the premiership in 2013, while some wealthy Queensland Cup clubs also have ambitions to join the top tier.

Both issues have surfaced in the wake of Melbourne superstar Greg Inglis's transfer from the News-owned Storm to the Broncos, in which News holds a 68.87 per cent shareholding.

Rival clubs, with the exception of the Titans, say they were advised not to waste their time tabling an offer for Inglis, and Gold Coast officials concede that doing so was a pointless exercise as the Test centre was going only to the Broncos if he left Melbourne.

Officials from other clubs were shocked to learn this week that Inglis would be included in Brisbane's salary cap for $300,000 - the same as fellow Test centre Justin Hodges, while Australian captain Darren Lockyer and Test forward Sam Thaiday are all listed for less.

The Broncos are to able to do so by using third parties to supplement the incomes of their stars through either the marquee player allowance, which has been doubled to $300,000 per club next season, or deals with non-club sponsors that have no limit.

Other clubs say the Broncos have an unfair advantage as they are the only NRL side in a rugby-league-mad city of 2 million, while Sydney has nine teams battling for the support of only twice that population.

According to the Broncos' half-yearly financial report released on Thursday, the club's revenue for the first six months of this year was $13,617,713 - more than what some clubs earn in a full year.

wtf? I just did a double take... So it's our fault that the Sydney market is overcrowded and there aren't enough sponsors dollars to go around? **** you Sydney press.

Maybe they should merge some clubs?

Exactly that quote from the Sydney clubs outlines the solution to their own problem - only they are:

a) too stupid to realise it;
b) too arrogant to follow through on it;
c) too busy being jealous of Brisbane;
d) all of the above

Greg Alexander AGAIN was complaining something cronic about the Broncos signing Inglis. WTF is his problem?? He is a wanker!!!

Alexander is the most annoying commie on Fox. He's a douche of the highest order. Cannot let anything go...

Did you hear what he was saying? He basically said the Broncos were cheating or doing something "dodgy" without actually saying it. He is such a wanker! Cant stand the idiot :evil:

Why are people getting worked up about this.

It's just the useless Sydney idiots getting worked up about a team full of awesome players. Just like years gone by at the club.

We are hated again. It's fucking awesome.

Nashy said:
Why are people getting worked up about this.

It's just the useless Sydney idiots getting worked up about a team full of awesome players. Just like years gone by at the club.

We are hated again. It's **** awesome.

I couldnt care less what his opinion is BUT what pisses me off is that he fails to mention the players we have lost in the past two years. The **** wit makes out as though we are keeping the best players in the world and buying even more!! Doesnt mention the losses of Folau, Hunt, Winter, Sims, Setu, Clinton, Marsh. Who have we bought? Nobody, except Inglis and Hannant!

His has an agenda against the Broncos and there for should not be talking about them on live TV. He should shut up and just do his job.

My question remains. Why are people getting worked up about it.

Who gives a **** if a few retards in the Sydney media want to talk shit about us. Let them. Who cares?

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.