Greg Inglis signing thread.

Nashy said:
My question remains. Why are people getting worked up about it.

Who gives a **** if a few retards in the Sydney media want to talk shit about us. Let them. Who cares?
I agree. I am loving all the jealousy from the Sydney hacks. They are pissed off about the Origin losses and the Inglis signing to the Broncos was the cream of the cake :mrgreen:

broncos777 said:
Nashy said:
My question remains. Why are people getting worked up about it.

Who gives a **** if a few retards in the Sydney media want to talk shit about us. Let them. Who cares?
I agree. I am loving all the jealousy from the Sydney hacks. They are pissed off about the Origin losses and the Inglis signing to the Broncos was the cream of the cake :mrgreen:

Like i said it doesnt bother me all that much but what does bother me is when im trying to watch the Cowboys and Titans play and all i can hear is **** wit Alexander complaining about the Broncod being able to sign Inglis!!!!!

Where were these complaints from the Syd based media when the Dragons were alowd to sign Gasnier on what $50,000 for this year? A team who was and still is on top of the ladder and are premiership favourites!!

I know their jelous and all but there does come a time when your just sick of hearing "the Broncos must be over the cap", "the Broncos must be cheating"

So Nashy to answer your question, I pay $120 a month so i cant watch Austar and every single game of NRL. I dont want to hear time and time again from the biest commontators about how the Broncos must be cheating the cap when im trying to watch the footy!!!

A LEAKED email is the cold hard proof that NRL superstar Greg Inglis's controversial switch to the Brisbane Broncos is above board.

The email, obtained by The Sunday Mail, reveals the exact value of the deal – $510,000 a season.

Part of the contract involves third-party sponsorships from NRMA Insurance and Channel 9 and also allows Inglis to drive a prestige Audi free of charge for the duration of the contract.

The final details had to be signed by Broncos boss Bruno Cullen, salary cap auditor Ian Schubert, Storm chief executive Ron Gauci, News Limited's Stephen Rue and Inglis's manager Allan Gainey.

The Sunday Mail understands another $40,000 will be paid to Inglis via his old club Melbourne and then be included in the Storm's second-tier salary cap for the next two years.

The value of the deal will be about $100,000 less than his illegal Storm contract, which included a flash $60,000 speedboat plus accommodation in Melbourne for his parents that was secretly paid for by the former disgraced Storm management.

The money aside, Inglis decided almost two months ago he wanted to play for the Broncos to be with fiancee Sally Robinson, who has been transferred to Brisbane by her employers.

by Aeetee on July 10th, 2010, 4:56 pm

Greg Inglis will talk to his Coach and club executive tonight after the game and tell them he wants a release. The club he is gong to will be reveals tomorrow but I can tell you this is with ....another NRL club. The club he choose to go to he did for personal reasons.

So..... anyone wanna guess what club [icon_wink

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5905284718

Steve said:
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/bid-for-broncos-knocked-back-20100813-1238z.html

Other clubs say the Broncos have an unfair advantage as they are the only NRL side in a rugby-league-mad city of 2 million, while Sydney has nine teams battling for the support of only twice that population.

According to the Broncos' half-yearly financial report released on Thursday, the club's revenue for the first six months of this year was $13,617,713 - more than what some clubs earn in a full year.

wtf? I just did a double take... So it's our fault that the Sydney market is overcrowded and there aren't enough sponsors dollars to go around? **** you Sydney press.
So instead of focussing on making the next club financially viable and perhaps one day come close to what the Broncos have done, they want to focus on choosing a club to weaken the strongest off-field club in the NRL?
AMIRIGHHTT?

WOW, I just don't understand how some absolute morons think. We need to make the competition stronger by making more teams successful of the field(read: finance) but retards want to instead make the strongest team, which is the most popular in Australia and a huge advertisement for the game weaker because they think it's unfair?

Making the Broncos weaker(off-field) WILL make the game weaker, there is absolutely no two ways about that. Brisbane does not NEED a second team, there is plenty of other areas which will be just as successful without weakening another team in the process.

FFS I really, really don't understand some of the morons in rugby league administration, and we wonder why AFL is so far ahead.

I think Phil would like to coach the Broncos one day. In fact, I am certain he would.

What the Broncos would cost your team

THESE are the figures that will leave rugby league fans confused, sceptical and even envious about how Brisbane lured Greg Inglis to their club.

The Sun-Herald asked leading player agents to independently assess the market value of all the players on the Broncos' books. And when the average prices of the top 25 are added together, the final figure comes to $5.15 million - $450,000 more than that permitted under the salary cap. The figure represents the estimated cost to your club of assembling the same roster of talent.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1240b.html

LOLZ this is so awesome. Seriously, I was listening to talking sport yesterday and I think it was Peter Tunks who was saying the Broncos should be banned from the competition.

When we win the Premiership next year, we will be celebrating like crazy, while everyone else will be absolutely fuming, getting worked up to the point of mental problems. Bring on the hate, and **** the haters.

broncospwn said:
wtf? I just did a double take... So it's our fault that the Sydney market is overcrowded and there aren't enough sponsors dollars to go around? **** you Sydney press.
So instead of focussing on making the next club financially viable and perhaps one day come close to what the Broncos have done, they want to focus on choosing a club to weaken the strongest off-field club in the NRL?
AMIRIGHHTT?

WOW, I just don't understand how some absolute morons think. We need to make the competition stronger by making more teams successful of the field(read: finance) but retards want to instead make the strongest team, which is the most popular in Australia and a huge advertisement for the game weaker because they think it's unfair?

Making the Broncos weaker(off-field) WILL make the game weaker, there is absolutely no two ways about that. Brisbane does not NEED a second team, there is plenty of other areas which will be just as successful without weakening another team in the process.

FFS I really, really don't understand some of the morons in rugby league administration, and we wonder why AFL is so far ahead.

This. I don't give a shit that they all hate Brisbane - all that does is take me back to our glory days of the 90s - but the fact that they want to weaken the most successful (off-field) team instead of strengthening the stragglers is beyond ridiculous and just utterly lazy.

The NRL are constantly talking about bringing in new teams when they can barely support the ones they've got. They whinge about not having enough money to raise the cap, but they want more teams so they can spread the talent and money even thinner?? Jesus they need to get their shit together.

Meanwhile, the Sydney clubs need to stop acting like children that go crying to the NRL every time something "isn't fair" and sort themselves out. Look for ways to make their own club more successful instead of dragging everyone down to your lowly level.

None of this will happen until they all get over their bitter hatred of the Broncos and Super League in general. Fucking dinosaurs. Quit with the quick fixes and develop some kind of long term plan.

My comments on Phil Gould's article:

1. He is correct that no other club stood a chance of securing Greg Inglis. However his so called reasons as to why this is are incorrect. The reason no other club stood a chance is because he wanted to be in Brisbane with his fiance - if this was not going to be allowed he wanted to stay in Melbourne with his mates. That is the bottom line pure and simple as to why only Melbourne or Brisbane would have GI in 2011. And TBH, GI at Brisbane is a better look than GI staying at Melbourne in the current climate.

2. The reason the NRL doesn't insist on establishing a second team in Brisbane is possibly that they have learnt the lessons of over-crowding a market such as has happened in Sydney and do not want to make the same mistake and dilute their currently most successful market and see Brisbane also become financially unviable. Also they have seen RL try a second Brisbane team previously (oh hai Crushers) and it failed miserably. Another team in Qld (even SEQ) probably would be good for the game - but not in Brisbane, and ONLY if at least 1 Sydney team is cut. However at the same time the Titans are the most successful attempt at a second SEQ based team and they are not really financially viable either ATM, so maybe another team in SEQ wouldn't really be that good for the game at all.

3. The Brisbane Broncos have undergone a number of forensic audits throughout their history. A little known fact because nothing untoward has ever been found.

4. Completely disagree that Brisbane should be charged and exclusivity fee to subsidise other clubs that are incapable of running themselves. Again, the solution to Sydney based clubs being financially viable is NOT for them to get handouts from those who know how to run a business but to survive on their own two feet or die completely and get out of the competition.

But I also agree with others - loving the Broncos hate from down south (and elsewhere). We have always played our best and most successful footy when everyone hates us and that has been missing for a few years icon_thumbs_u

With the Eels having around $500,000 to spend, their hopes of snaring Cooper hinge on whether the NRL is prepared to bankroll the biggest Wallaby defection since rugby turned professional in 1996.

Alexander said the NRL would be foolish to ignore the public relations opportunities in poaching Cooper after seeing big-name stars Craig Gower, Karmichael Hunt, Sonny Bill Williams and Israel Folau lost to rugby and AFL in recent seasons.

"It is time for the NRL to do something. Let's get Quade Cooper," Alexander said. "Why not do it? The other codes have done it to us, why shouldn't we do it?

"I know it wouldn't be a popular decision [for the NRL to subsidise Cooper's Eels deal], but if a guy like Quade Cooper is interested in league, we shouldn't be closing the door on him. The AFL stepped in to help get Israel Folau, the ARU has stepped up previously to top-up several league guys' contracts like Mat Rogers and Wendell Sailor.

"If I was David Gallop [NRL boss], I'd be saying here's some money, pick which club you want to play with and we'll give you a top-up. I know NRL clubs will jump up and down, but Quade Cooper would be a massive coup for the game.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5905265424

So its ok for the NRL to help the Eels out by giving them an extra 200k but if its a Queensland team then its unfair!!

Alexander has taking over the most hated NRL personality from Gould now!! Gould isnt far behind though!!

Gould cant be serious can he? He wants the Broncos to pay the Strom the 15mil they requested from the NRL! WTF??

Where was Gould when the NRL allowed the Dragons to sign Gasnier???

I also love the crying coming from the NSW Nrl. Its shit funny!!

Donny said:
With the Eels having around $500,000 to spend, their hopes of snaring Cooper hinge on whether the NRL is prepared to bankroll the biggest Wallaby defection since rugby turned professional in 1996.

Alexander said the NRL would be foolish to ignore the public relations opportunities in poaching Cooper after seeing big-name stars Craig Gower, Karmichael Hunt, Sonny Bill Williams and Israel Folau lost to rugby and AFL in recent seasons.

"It is time for the NRL to do something. Let's get Quade Cooper," Alexander said. "Why not do it? The other codes have done it to us, why shouldn't we do it?

"I know it wouldn't be a popular decision [for the NRL to subsidise Cooper's Eels deal], but if a guy like Quade Cooper is interested in league, we shouldn't be closing the door on him. The AFL stepped in to help get Israel Folau, the ARU has stepped up previously to top-up several league guys' contracts like Mat Rogers and Wendell Sailor.

"If I was David Gallop [NRL boss], I'd be saying here's some money, pick which club you want to play with and we'll give you a top-up. I know NRL clubs will jump up and down, but Quade Cooper would be a massive coup for the game.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5905265424

So its ok for the NRL to help the Eels out by giving them an extra 200k but if its a Queensland team then its unfair!!

Alexander has taking over the most hated NRL personality from Gould now!! Gould isnt far behind though!!
Mate calm down. And don't tell me you don't care or your not pissed of about all this cuase you are. Just let them have a cry and sit back and enjoy. I don't need to go to the movies or watch the footy anymore. All these aticles are great entertainment for me!

Looks like the NSW media are going all out with this one. [icon_lol1.

the increase in the Broncos hatred since we signed Inglis tells me one thing. that they are scared of us again ... and i bloody love it [icon_evillaugh

Foordy said:
the increase in the Broncos hatred since we signed Inglis tells me one thing. that they are scared of us again ... and i bloody love it [icon_evillaugh

Apparently our membership signings for 2011 have sky rocketed since the news Inglis is coming icon_thumbs_u

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Behold
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Foordy
  • Rambstien
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skathen
  • mystico
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • broncoscope
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.