Greg Inglis signing thread.

Note to all: The Quade Cooper saga is being discussed in it's own thread in League Talk where it belongs. Please keep all such discussion there.

Otherwise carry on re discussions of GI signing here.

pennywisealfie said:
LOLZ this is so awesome. Seriously, I was listening to talking sport yesterday and I think it was Peter Tunks who was saying the Broncos should be banned from the competition.

When we win the Premiership next year, we will be celebrating like crazy, while everyone else will be absolutely fuming, getting worked up to the point of mental problems. Bring on the hate, and **** the haters.
+ a gaziilion!!! [eusa_clap.gi

Also to add just because the Broncos are a success it does not mean that any team we put in Brisbane will be a success.

Seriously we have a great team on the field playing for a football club managed by the proven best in the business.
GIVE US SOME CREDIT FFS. The Broncos aren't a raging success simply because we are in Brisbane, a lot of our success and indeed the success and popularity of rugby league in Brisbane is by and large due to the Broncos being an advertisement to the game by being an outstandingly run club inside out for such a long period of time.

There is probably 2-3 CEO's who spring to mind when I think of good forward thinking CEO's who aren't dinosaurs with no idea on how to run a club or should I just say a business. Greenberg is one, Searle is another, sure they're not financially viable yet but for a club starting out they are doing very well and will only get better as they build a loyal fan base and Broncos. Love him or hate him Cullen has consistently delivered us results off the field which is really what the share holders care about, memberships, crowds, sponsors have all been getting better and better by the year under his lead even if I don't agree with some of his football based decisions.

Seriously I hope we win this year and next year so the entire NSW media can have a cry like Hoffman in 2006 grand final.

Schmix: "The NRL are constantly talking about bringing in new teams when they can barely support the ones they've got. They whinge about not having enough money to raise the cap, but they want more teams so they can spread the talent and money even thinner?? Jesus they need to get their shit together."

thats the thing though - the NRL wants an "even" competition, and it doesnt matter to them if its evenly GREAT or evenly RUBBISH. as long as its 'even'.

its MUCH easier to make the best teams worse than it is to make the bad teams better. so thats what theyre doing. it gives the impression that all teams are equally good, and as such that the competition is close and "anyone can win it". this in turn makes more people watch and go to games.

honestly, the 2010 season has been the worst season of football ive ever seen. and not just that, its been filled with what seems to be 4-5 genuinely rubbish matches every single round. theyve been boring, theyve been error ridden, theyve been hampered by poor refereeing.......but theyve been "close" and "exciting" because theyre close. so the NRL loves it.

Here's a thought....imagine we did support or generously give financial aid to some other team ( in much the same way ken Talbot gave money away) as Phil Gould suggests we should.

What would the other clubs start saying...???

That's right...they'd squeal like stuck pigs especially if the supported team started winning !!!!

I'd love to see another team in Brisbane, I believe firmly it would not dilute our position but rather it would strengthen our claims to being the true heart of rugby league in Australia. I have already considered this from all angles, at least all angles raised so far. I'm well aware of the arguments for and against with this topic discussed fully elsewhere.

I, too love seeing the hatred and scorn from the bitter bitches in Bitterville.

I think what Gould is advocating is the NRL "taxing" the Broncos for their success (and any other club that turns a profit) and then distributing it to the 16 clubs equally in grants.

Essentially he wants rugby league to be even more like a communist country.

Just like in those countries, what happens if your extra success is taxed so you get what everyone else gets? You stop trying to hard.

Seriously, are there any bigger f'ing wankers around than Gould and Alexander?

The Broncos are hated for 1 reason and 1 reason only - thier incredible success [icon_drun

GI coming to the Broncos is good for us, i can't see a problem with that.

I really don't care what any other people think.

Just saw Greg Inglis being interviewed on channel 9 news and I must say I wasn't impressed with his attitude towards his signature with the club, just basically said his only going to be there for 2 years and will be wanting to return to Melbourne ASAP after.

He hasn't even left Melbourne yet, it's only natural that his attitude would be like that.

Give him some time here and he might settle in. He might not but in two years the Storm probably still won't be able to afford him.

Yeh gotta say, starting to doubt the signing of GI. He will be fat after doing nothing because of surgery also.

What he actually said was he "wouldn't mind going back to Melbourne. It's a city I love and I like the people." Which is different from how the story was promoted which was basically that GI said he is definitely going back to the Storm after 2 years. I think it's a fair enough attitude, given that is where he has played all his senior footy and the only club he knows. He may or may not settle in at the Broncos; but more than ever I think gone are the days where players are really really passsionate about their club - there are still some around that really believe in their club, but for the most part they just go where the money is and it's just another workplace.

Bucking Beads said:
Yeh gotta say, starting to doubt the signing of GI. He will be fat after doing nothing because of surgery also.

then he'll be staright in fat club when he gets here for pre-season training :D

Flutterby said:
What he actually said was he "wouldn't mind going back to Melbourne. It's a city I love and I like the people." Which is different from how the story was promoted which was basically that GI said he is definitely going back to the Storm after 2 years. I think it's a fair enough attitude, given that is where he has played all his senior footy and the only club he knows. He may or may not settle in at the Broncos; but more than ever I think gone are the days where players are really really passsionate about their club - there are still some around that really believe in their club, but for the most part they just go where the money is and it's just another workplace.
Exactly, that's the kind of attitude I'd like to see from a top Broncos player leaving the club. Showing gratitude and passion for the club that made them great!
Folau for example has hinted several times at a return to the Broncos after his stint in gay league. Whether that will happen or not isn't even the question, but it shows respect for the club!

audragon said:
Flutterby said:
Exactly, that's the kind of attitude I'd like to see from a top Broncos player leaving the club. Showing gratitude and passion for the club that made them great!
Folau for example has hinted several times at a return to the Broncos after his stint in gay league. Whether that will happen or not isn't even the question, but it shows respect for the club!

I have no problem with his attitude towards Melbourne as such in fact I can understand his perspective there, more towards joining the Broncos where he didn't expressed anything positive towards joining the club in the interview which brings concern is my point, still maybe I'm overreacting and I'll just see how it goes.

Yeah, I'm starting to doubt his commitment also GC. I hate to say it, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I recall Dave Taylor was behaving in a similar sort of manner when he announced his signing with the Rabbitohs. By the time the Broncos had reached the finals he sounded like he clearly didn't want to leave. However, you couldn't really begin to doubt his application towards the Rabbits. He's been a real highlight for them.

I actually hope Taylor pulls a Hannant though and returns home to Brissie in 3 years time. By then, I'd imagine he'd be the best prop in the game and he'd really add something to our side.

Another article on it.

Inglis eyes return to Storm front as horror season ends

Josh Rakic
September 5, 2010

A SHATTERED Greg Inglis has become so disillusioned with rugby league that he's barely watched a game since the Storm were stripped of two premierships in April, but he's already counting down the days until he can return to the Melbourne club.

Having likened the Melbourne club's camaraderie to that of the Queensland State of Origin team since the saga unfolded, Inglis said he couldn't wait to return to the Storm once his contract with the Broncos was completed.

''It's only a two-year deal so hopefully I can head back down there down the track,'' he said.

''I absolutely love the club. It's great down there. It's a great coaching staff, we've got a great supporter base and I've got a lot of friends down there.

''I love the lifestyle. It's tough to think I'm leaving. I'll gain a lot of friends but I'm also losing a lot of close ones as well. I'm leaving a lot behind, too.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 14v7d.html

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Rambstien
  • Behold
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncos4life
  • Skathen
  • broncs30
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • mystico
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.