Greg Inglis signing thread.

Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

whatever said:
And some more incentives for him. Include NQ and goldy though [icon_frown :

GOLD COAST are set to rejoin the race for Greg Inglis following revelations that a third-party deal being used to lure the Test centre to the Broncos was also available to other Queensland-based NRL teams.

The deal, which is being organised by the Queensland FOGs (Former Origin Greats), is understood to be an ambassador-type role for one of the organisation's indigenous education programs and on top of a $400,000-a-season offer that has Inglis considering moving from Melbourne to Brisbane. But FOGs executive chairman Gene Miles said yesterday the third-party arrangement was not dependent on Inglis joining the Broncos and said it would still be available if he signed with the Titans or Cowboys.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 10jj1.html

So the cash is definitely there now. The ball is now in the Storms and NRLs court.

They've got Steve Michaels.... that's just rude! Sorry, nobody else made the joke... I just had to 'verbalise' it.

Either way, I think Titans have a snowballs chance.

If he moves here, he'll come to Brisbane. He wants to play with Lockyer, he's mates with Hodgo and Sammy. His GF is in BRISBANE and so is his house.

Nashy said:
If he moves here, he'll come to Brisbane. He wants to play with Lockyer, he's mates with Hodgo and Sammy. His GF is in BRISBANE and so is his house.

But he loves his $torm family.

Coxy said:
Nashy said:

But he loves his $torm family.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

While the former managing director and Australasian vice-president for IT company Verizon Business was announced to replace disgraced Storm boss Brian Waldron Inglis' efforts to secure a release from his contract to join Brisbane took a back seat.

Storm football manager Frank Ponissi continued to push the possibility that Melbourne could retain Inglis and fellow blue chippers Billy Slater, Cameron Smith and Copper Cronk as they manoeuvre to squeeze under the NRL's 2011 player budget of $4.3 million.

Asked why it was taking so long to take Brisbane's offer and Inglis' case for a release on compassionate grounds to the NRL, Ponissi said: "It will happen."

"We've been in dialogue, that's all I'm prepared to say at this stage," he said.

"We've had a new CEO come on board today which is a big thing for the club.

"That's taken up most of our time and maybe next week you'll see some developments, but at this stage we're not even close."

Inglis' manager Allan Gainey said he was now playing the waiting game.

"It's up to Melbourne to sort it out with the NRL which doesn't involve me," Gainey said.

He confirmed Gold Coast CEO Michael Searle had told him the Titans could match Brisbane's offer with the help of a third-party top-up from the FOGS (Former Origin Greats).

"Greg's first preference though is definitely for the Broncos subject to his release and his contract being terminated in the right manner," Gainey said.

"If that happened to fall over, which I don't think it would, then the Titans could be a back-up. Although I've told Michael Searle Brisbane is his preference."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

A couple of things from that article ...

If the Titans didn't have the 350k to secure Hannant for next year, then how do they have the 400k to get Inglis.

also it seems that we may not know anything about Inglis as the Storm continue to delay any release maybe hoping Brisbane decide they won't wait any longer. eusa_think

God damn I hate the Storm, what a bunch of tool-bags, just release him already!

Nashy said:
Don't forget the Normanby is nice and close as well.

Just release him already f***** storm pricks. For once in your life do something useful!!!

This whole saga is starting to annoy the hell outta me!

Storm will not release him. NRL will.

What's everyone doing Monday?

Lets play pick a day it will be announced to pass the time.

Me thinks awwwww Monday around...hmmmmmm 10.13am.

Free freddo for the winner, Coxys shout :)

Sunday, the deal will be confirmed in the Sunday Mail......

I dont think any of the paper's have any idea whats going on. I'll believe it when the Broncos confirm it!!!!

My money is on Monday, And Inglis won't be all that's announced.

draggggg shhhhh leave some suprises for the kiddies :)

Oh i won't spoil anymore. I like to tease abit.

draggx said:
My money is on Monday, And Inglis won't be all that's announced.

I heard a funny rumour today also... Regarding a sponsorship deal with Quintrex, also BCf might be coming on board.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mr Fourex
  • jarro65
  • mitch222
  • The True King
  • Swordfish
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Ondi
  • Strop
  • Hurrijo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Big Del
  • bb_gun
  • Alec
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.