Griffin confident broncos will rebound as title contenders

....and if that isn't pressure, then I don't know what is. Assuming Kev signs of course.

Pressure on Hook for sure, but then all NRL coaches are under pressure to get results.

Having Kevvie around would be fantastic for the development of our young halves as well.

Hook did make changes though, they just didn't work out one way or the other.

I know that fans called for changes, but it's easy to say Hook got it wrong after the fact. I get the feeling that Hook was caught between a rock and a hard place and the alternatives weren't any better or arguably worse than what we had. Who knows for instance if Bond would have made a difference.

I agree with this ... there making changes because it makes the team better, and then theres making changes for the sake of it.

IMO, there is no point making changes if the replacements you have aren't performing well enough in the lower grades to demand selection.

I know some people are calling for them to be given a shot despite their performances in the lower grades, but if you are struggling or for what ever reason not able to dominate in the QLD cup, there is no way you will do it in the toughest rugby league competition in the world. all it would do is set them up to fail and destroy their confidence

So let me get this straight. If we lose it is because of Griffin, but if we win it will be in spite of Griffin. :rolleyes:

Basically. I would word it as if we lose it's because of him and if we win it's because of Barba.

Broncos 2014 is gonna be very similar to Bulldogs 2012 as far as form is concerned. I can see it coming a mile away.

The Lurker on Sportal says that Kevvie will sign on as an assistant very soon.

Can you supply a link redbur?

I have been to the site and cannot see anything

Can i get some less bias opinions (mine), as to what people think will be enough for us to keep griffin, or are we all of the consensus this is his last year (2014) regardless of his contract? This is not about flaming him or anything like that, id just like to hear peoples opinions.

Need to have a consistent season where we don't only just make the 8, but well entrenched for the majority of the season and we need to look like a genuine premiership contenders for 2015.

Top 6 finish will be enough to keep Grififn safe I'd say.

If we are going to compete next year and perform strongly Hook will need to change his coaching style and become more aggressive. If a player is under performing constantly like Norman or Maranta drop them straight away and become critical of players performances if they play badly instead of praising their efforts.

His style of praising how hard a player played no matter how well they went doesn't help the team. They might be busting their guts but if they aren't cutting it they have no reason to be in the first-grade team. He needs to take a tough but fair approach.

Need to have a consistent season where we don't only just make the 8, but well entrenched for the majority of the season and we need to look like a genuine premiership contenders for 2015.

Pretty much. There are a lot of little things that need fixing, but you'd think they would have to be fixed for this to happen anyway.

A consistent season with a finals finish will keep Hook's head of the block IMO.

Hope we don't have the saga like the cowboys had with Henry tho where every second season he was going to get sacked and then just survived. I hope either Hook comes good or we just part company swiftly i suppose. I feel the light is getting a bit closer.

2013 was alright a write off for a variety of reasons. 2014 is the real test for whether Hook can stay on or coach or whether he needs to look for employment elsewhere.

I'm not a massive fan of Griffin, I'm highly critical of him and I think his use of the bench is a complete shemozzle, like giving a certain player 7 minutes! That being said our injuries and genuine lack of talent and playing depth was a real problem. In 2014 we have already addressed our playing depth with some smart signings and if Milford signs on there is definitely not a lack of talent so he'll have no excuses to not perform.

For me Griffin has to go unless we not only secure a top 8 finish, especially if we sign Milford, but are obviously progressing into a premiership force (Same way Bunnies and to a lesser extent the Sharkies have over the last couple of seasons).

Signing a competent assistant coach, who has the credentials of a fringe first grade coach, would be ideal in terms of bolstering Griffin's deficiencies and putting real pressure on his job. It's why I wouldn't have minded signing Neil Henry instead of him going to the Titans. You can bet Carty's going to be feeling the pressure to perform from the outset of the season with a capable successor waiting in the wings. Kevvie would be ideal.

So we'll make the GF?

Probably not, because you didn't account for the fact that Barba is going to go down to injury at least 4 times for stretches of 4 weeks+.

Probably not, because you didn't account for the fact that Barba is going to go down to injury at least 4 times for stretches of 4 weeks+.

Although the way our Sam's going hes going to be bigger then their's (Kasiano)... Well at least wider...

Although the way our Sam's going hes going to be bigger then their's (Kasiano)... Well at least wider...

At least we'll get the advantage of laying down on players for longer if that's the case.

Active Now

• achievedrap
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lozza
  • Hurrijo
  • cento
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • mystico
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.