Half-naked Darren Lockyer rescues girl

Nashy said:
If they had a neck of back injury, the last thing they need is to be hanging upside down in a seat belt.

Yes, but there's a right way to move them in that situation, and about 1000 wrong ways.

Coxy said:
Nashy said:
If they had a neck of back injury, the last thing they need is to be hanging upside down in a seat belt.

Yes, but there's a right way to move them in that situation, and about 1000 wrong ways.
And I reckon the trainer / physio would know the right way to move them. How often do they have to move players with serious neck/back/anything else injruies on the field? It's not like a bunch of randoms with no qualifications moved them out of the car.

What would be said if they left her in the car "to be safe" and it caught fire with her in it?

The Rock said:
Lolz I am sure they would have pulled her out if the car decided to catch fire.

Yeah rush her out of it screwing her neck up worse.

draggx said:
The Rock said:
Lolz I am sure they would have pulled her out if the car decided to catch fire.

Yeah rush her out of it screwing her neck up worse.

What point are you trying to make? [eusa_eh

lol. jesus christ people are pedantic.

in case everyone was wondering, the correct response to this thread was: go darren, you're the man, etc.

The Rock said:
Better than letting her burn in the fire. You assess the situation as it happens, but as if you're going to pull her out of a car just because the car could maybe eventually catch on fire. How silly.

I remeber this one douche bag a while back. This accident happened in front of us and when me and my mum came to check him out with other witnesses He was in pretty bad shape. Anyway this douche bag proceeded to try and life the victims hip to the side to he could get his wallet out so he can write down his details FFS. My mum who is a nurse, had to physically stop the bloke from trying to move him any further because the bird brain didn't listen to when told him to not move him as he could have spinal injuries. All this idiot was worried about was getting the blokes details ffs. Some people have zero brains. Unless you know what you're doing, don't move the patient.

Sounds like a typical Sydney driver.

I wish people actually read the article before commenting...

The lady in question was NOT unconscious, which means she more than likely was quite uncomfortable hanging upside down and very likely moving around to try to free herself. The article further says they "helped her carefully out of the car and as others have said, there was a physio present also.

The worst of all this is that a fuzzy tackle on some barista gets front page news, but this gets buried somewhere for a few weeks and finally finds its way to the "Entertainment" area of the paper! [icon_shady

audragon said:
I wish people actually read the article before commenting...

The lady in question was NOT unconscious, which means she more than likely was quite uncomfortable hanging upside down and very likely moving around to try to free herself. The article further says they "helped her carefully out of the car and as others have said, there was a physio present also.

The worst of all this is that a fuzzy tackle on some barista gets front page news, but this gets buried somewhere for a few weeks and finally finds its way to the "Entertainment" area of the paper! [icon_shady

With all due respect, none of those points you've raised negate the prospect that she had a spinal injury. Clearly she didn't, as she pretty much walked away from the accident, but the guys weren't to know that at the time. That's where the concern is.

However, given the team trainer (not physio) was there you would expect he is very well trained in first aid and would've acted responsibly so I agree it's probably a mountain out of a mole hill.

But it's important to remember for anyone else thinking they might like to play the hero to make the consideration about whether someone may have a spinal injury before attempting to move them.

I know there was one time I was out with my 5 year old son having a play at a park, and he was monkeying around on the monkey bars. They were a bit higher than he could reach so he had to jump to get hold of them.

First time, no sweat, easy as. Second time, he slipped and landed flat on his back on the ground. Screaming but at the same time having difficulty breathing...I figured he was just winded but I made sure he lay as still as he could initially until he could calmly tell me his back didn't hurt, that he could feel and wriggle his toes, and could move his arms and legs before I even considered helping him to his feet.

He was fine. But you have to have that initial assumption that there's something seriously wrong with their spine.

Onlookers say Lockyer, helped by Queensland teammates Cooper Cronk, Sam Thaiday, trainer Tony Spencer and physio Scott Thornton, ran to the car and carefully pulled the woman from the wreckage.

I am a senior first aider, and I understand your concerns with which I totally agree. But read the article again, or at least the above quoted part. That's what I was talking about... [icon_wink

Ah sorry, I missed that Scott Thornton was there too, I was thinking it was just Tony Spencer and the players. Fair enough.

Though I imagine Spencer would use first aid skills on a more regular basis than Thornton, no doubt both are trained. I imagine the players themselves do first aid courses too.

I read this thread title and thought it reminded me of these dreams I have sometimes........

bronco_babe77 said:
I read this thread title and thought it reminded me of these dreams I have sometimes........

Half-naked Darren Lockyer rescues bb77 from naked pervert Nashy?

bronco_babe77 said:
Sammy in budgee smugglers? [icon_razz1

audragon said:
bronco_babe77 said:
Sammy in budgee smugglers? [icon_razz1

What you dont dream about Sammy in Buggie Smugglers.............. :oops:

Coxy said:
bronco_babe77 said:

Half-naked Darren Lockyer rescues bb77 from naked pervert Nashy?

$10 says I finish before he even finds out.

Active Now

• Jason Simmons
  • jarro65
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.