• No

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Given Boyd seems to want to play on next year, has he ruined his legacy for you as a Broncos fan?

Vote/discuss.

He was never exactly a 'Broncos Legend' per se, but he was a link between the past and the future with his GF win in 06, and played very well for the first two and a bit years during his second stint.

I think his performances this year and lack of decency to quit will be what he is remembered for, for a while to come unfortunately.

I voted no but that's because I don't believe he has a legacy at Brisbane.

He was with as a youngster, left in 09, came back 7 years later, played 2 good seasons then went to shit.

I will remember him for taking a knee and turning his back on that bomb.
Then walking a around as the play was still alive... It is BLEEDINGLY obvious Seibold was talking about Darius the entire post match interview. At most times throughout that game Boyd looked like he was waiting for other people to turn up and do something. Free ride should be over for him

Yes. I will no remember the arrogant **** who wouldn't **** off, not the origin player who helped the team win all those years.

I voted no but that's because I don't believe he has a legacy at Brisbane.

He was with as a youngster, left in 09, came back 7 years later, played 2 good seasons then went to shit.
Feel the same way. Never took much notice of him in his Broncos' years. Indifferent when he left. Was surprised when he made rep teams, and even more surprised when he turned in MOM performances.

He's never really stood out as a "legend" or captain material. And frankly, for want of a better term, the nervous breakdown wasn't a great look for a leader of men.

The contract is the worst I have seen in my time watching NRL. He isn’t remotely able to play up to the value of it. Can you imagine how bad he will be next season and gasp, even in 2021, if he chooses to play on further.

So yes, he is completely smashing any legacy he had.

Yes. I will no remember the arrogant **** who wouldn't **** off, not the origin player who helped the team win all those years.

Interesting flip side there. For mine his rep legacy is pretty much in tact. The best at two different positions at rep level, excellent record for Aus and QLD.

Caveat of course being Inglis.

He’ll always be a part of the QLD dynasty. Something we will probably never witness the likes of again. That can’t be taken away from him.

At club level he was only a step above a journeymen. He had about 3 very good seasons and the rest were slightly above average or some of the worst football you’ll ever see. Ask Newcastle fans if he’s ruined his legacy, they’ll probably tell you he’s being pretty true to form.

Honestly, Boyd has no legacy. He has been carried his entire career. I know most people will disagree, but look at the facts.

Origin - Played in the most dominant team in history, the majority of which was outside Greg Inglis. The vast majority of his tries could have been scored by almost anyone.

Australia - Same thing. Played outside amazing players, had one year at fullback where he was good, but it's easy to be good when you have players like Greg Inglis, Hodges etc outside you, and you're getting the ball from JT, Cronk and Smith.

Broncos First Stint.- Early career he was totally carried by the likes of Locky, Hodges and Karmichael Hunt. He played on the wing and actually cost us several games in 2006 and 2007.

Dragons - Probably where he had the most consistent success, although he was playing with a career best form jamie soward, had great outside backs and a really good forward pack. He also wasn't a leader and had no pressure on him.

Knights - The first time he was recruited as a marquee signing and had expectation on him. He was completely useless and checked in to a mental health clinic. Not having a dig, but it's interesting that its the first time that he had pressure on him and he completely collapsed.

Broncos Second Stint - Since his return, he has gotten progressively worse each year, largely due to him needing to stand up when experienced players retired. By far his best year for us was 2015 when he had Milford and Hunt at their peak, Macca was also quite good and had Nikorima as super sub. Also had better leaders with Hodges, Parker, Thaiday, Blaire etc. so the pressure wasn't on him. Since he has been captain and been the player who needs to stand up he has been awful. It shows that he is good in a good team, but garbage in a bad one.

Honestly, when you look back at his career, he was good when he had great / amazing around him. When he had average / good around him, he was awful. As far as I am concerned, he is the luckiest player to ever play the game.

Honestly, Boyd has no legacy. He has been carried his entire career. I know most people will disagree, but look at the facts.

Origin - Played in the most dominant team in history, the majority of which was outside Greg Inglis. The vast majority of his tries could have been scored by almost anyone.

Australia - Same thing. Played outside amazing players, had one year at fullback where he was good, but it's easy to be good when you have players like Greg Inglis, Hodges etc outside you, and you're getting the ball from JT, Cronk and Smith.

Broncos First Stint.- Early career he was totally carried by the likes of Locky, Hodges and Karmichael Hunt. He played on the wing and actually cost us several games in 2006 and 2007.

Dragons - Probably where he had the most consistent success, although he was playing with a career best form jamie soward, had great outside backs and a really good forward pack. He also wasn't a leader and had no pressure on him.

Knights - The first time he was recruited as a marquee signing and had expectation on him. He was completely useless and checked in to a mental health clinic. Not having a dig, but it's interesting that its the first time that he had pressure on him and he completely collapsed.

Broncos Second Stint - Since his return, he has gotten progressively worse each year, largely due to him needing to stand up when experienced players retired. By far his best year for us was 2015 when he had Milford and Hunt at their peak, Macca was also quite good and had Nikorima as super sub. Also had better leaders with Hodges, Parker, Thaiday, Blaire etc. so the pressure wasn't on him. Since he has been captain and been the player who needs to stand up he has been awful. It shows that he is good in a good team, but garbage in a bad one.

Honestly, when you look back at his career, he was good when he had great / amazing around him. When he had average / good around him, he was awful. As far as I am concerned, he is the luckiest player to ever play the game.
Could not have put it any more succinctly.

Don't agree with this. He stood out a number of times in a team chocked with seriously good players. From recollection, at least once when he filled in for Billy Slater. You don't get to be Man of the Match in a team that includes Smith and Thurston and be shit.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Splinter
  • broncoscope
  • Tim K
  • cento
  • Sproj
  • Rambstien
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Skathen
  • Porthoz
  • Harry Sack
  • Ozired
  • Behold
  • LittleDavey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Shane Tronc
  • Manofoneway
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.