VOTE Has Darius Boyd Ruined His Legacy?

Has Darius Boyd Ruined His Legacy?

• Yes

Votes: 50 89.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
Because up until the moment he said that, i didn't have a gripe with him personally. After saying that, as someone who has lost close family and friends to suicide, it is a bit of a trigger. People say he has been good for mental health etc. From where I stand, he hasn't been, because he has basically always used it as an excuse.
Wow, do you even read what you post. You just made an excuse for your posting FFS pal.

That bit about threatening to take his own life is BS as well
He didn't literally threaten to take his own life, but he was, in a round about way, saying someone might, and the main someone he was talking about, that raised this issue, could really only be himself.

As for not criticizing him, because he pulled this card, no. The fact that he went there, said to me, he's not captaincy material.

This would be an entirely different conversation if he were sticking up for say, Jimmy Roberts. But that wasn't the case.

He didn't literally threaten to take his own life, but he was, in a round about way, saying someone might, and the main someone he was talking about, that raised this issue, could really only be himself.

As for not criticizing him, because he pulled this card, no. The fact that he went there, said to me, he's not captaincy material.

This would be an entirely different conversation if he were sticking up for say, Jimmy Roberts. But that wasn't the case.
You see, that is an assumption which some are stating as fact.

Last edited:
True, but you'd have to agree it's a fairly logical one.
No, sorry , I don't. I'll take it that he has been in some dark places, knows how he got there and has genuine concerns about young players and social media.

No, sorry , I don't. I'll take it that he has been in some dark places, knows how he got there and has genuine concerns about young players and social media.

Come on, which young players have been copping shit? 99% of the press is about sacking Boyd.

Unfortunately in future when people are putting down their worst Broncos team of all time for a gag or discussion topic I can see the following being a very popular choice:

6. Darius Boyd (C)
You really think he's worse than Hoffman..?

be a lot more sympathetic to Boyd's mental health messages once they become about coping with retirement instead of coping with criticism underperforming playing elite sports.

Come on, which young players have been copping shit? 99% of the press is about sacking Boyd.
He was referring to social media as well, probably more so.
You aren't seriously going to go down that road. I think the potential for negative impact of social media on young players is well known.

He was referring to social media as well, probably more so.
You aren't seriously going to go down that road. I think the potential for negative impact of social media on young players is well known.
The young players aren't the ones copping shit: it's Darius.

Can you name one young player he might be talking about?
Are you saying there isn't one young player in the NRL who would be affected by social media??

Are you saying there isn't one young player in the NRL who would be affected by social media??
Are you saying you can't even name one "young player" who's copping excessive flak? We all know this is about Darius. There are currently three hundred threads and four million news stories dumping on Darius. There are zero negative stories about any young players. In fact, the coach specifically praised his young players.

You're flogging a dead horse here.

Are you saying you can't even name one "young player" who's copping excessive flak? We all know this is about Darius. There are currently three hundred threads and four million news stories dumping on Darius. There are zero negative stories about any young players. In fact, the coach specifically praised his young players.

You're flogging a dead horse here.
And you are making an assumption.

Unread

Active Now

• Dazza 92
  • Justwin
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bongo
  • Porthoz
  • Lozza
  • Fitzy
  • ostin86
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.