OFFICIAL Herbie Farnworth Re-Signs With Broncos

We fended 20 clubs from different codes away from Farnworth, no doubt he’s a massive talent with a very bright future, one of our best outside backs this year but does anyone know roughly what we’re paying? Heard talks today it’s around $500,000 a season, why are we paying centres/wingers this much coin? I thought we would have learnt our lesson about paying overs..

There's no way he'd be on that much, surely. I'm guessing anywhere between 200 and 300K, anything more than that is insane.

We already have a thread for Herbie....

If Farnworth is our best fullback, I'd like to see him go there as its a key position.
Otherwise, I'm happy for him to stay on the wing. Unless we have ball hogs at centre and he never gets the ball.

For mine, Herbie ought to be our regular centre with Staggs, at least for the remainder of this season. His skill set show me that he is better placed at centre than wing. Coates and Kennar (or Arthars) for our wings.

Coates ran strongly, nearly broke away for a try.

But I wish he would stay on his man.

Absolutely. Without reviewing every tried scored against us, my memory is that he costs us at least a try a game with his poor reads. Does Seibold and/or Ryan not see this? Do they not coach defence? I accept that his poor reads have something to do with our poor edge defence which simply reinforces the view that our edge defensive coaching is suspect. We pay the price EVERY game.

Maybe move him into the centres so he can mark the wing?

On a positive note, his running game reminds me a lot of KHunt. Impressed with that. I wonder if he has a passing game and can kick? However for the moment, he is the winger we need save for his defensive reads which is fixable, if we had decent defensive coaching. I mean every week it's the same :xxxx:

I've been either too drunk or too long in rehab the last couple of years to keep up.
Sooo....
Help me out here a bit with Herbie...

Does he not have all the hallmarks of an elite FB?
He's bigger than I thought 190cm 106kg. Yet he still has wicked acceleration & quality top speed. Fucker can step, find a hole & break the line too.
He has some mongrel in him, defends with gusto & isn't afraid to give or take a big hit.
He loves the game & the club & (imo) seems to work tirelessly to improve his craft.

I don't think we need to go to market for a FB
He's sitting right under our noses!

Thoughts?

I've been either too drunk or too long in rehab the last couple of years to keep up.
Sooo....

He's bigger than I thought 190cm 106kg. Yet he still has wicked acceleration & quality top speed. Fucker can step, find a hole & break the line too.
He has some mongrel in him, defends with gusto & isn't afraid to give or take a big hit.
He loves the game & the club & (imo) seems to work tirelessly to improve his craft.

Thoughts?

Yeah quite a lot of us have mentioned we would at least like to see him given a shot, he reminds so much of Joseph Manu.

Yeah quite a lot of us have mentioned we would at least like to see him given a shot, he reminds so much of Joseph Manu.
I know it comes with risk (but hey, our season already looks pretty cooked) put Herbie straight into 1 when he's back from injury. Try Isaako in the centers & give them both the opportunity to find there feet/prove themselves.
Fuch, while we're at it, if Staggs really is earmarked for the 6 next year, give him an opportunity to learn/prove himself at 6 as well!

Sooo....

Thoughts?
It all depends on whether he can draw and pass, and pass well. It sounds easy, but someone like Isaako or Hoffman can't do it. Broncos halves will need a fullback like that or they'll continue to struggle.

It all depends on whether he can draw and pass, and pass well. It sounds easy, but someone like Isaako or Hoffman can't do it. Broncos halves will need a fullback like that or they'll continue to struggle.

I reckon he can ... he also has a nice little kick in him. we saw that in the Bulldogs game.

I’m surprised he’s that big tbh

Sooo....

Thoughts?
He took a hitup on friday through the middle of the field and it made me wonder if he is being wasted at centre. His footwork and agility is as good as anything I've seen in the NRL for his size. Some stuff he's done this year makes me think he has a high footy IQ and good hand eye coordination (draw-in passes out to mead, a running cross field kick to Dearden).

That being said... people were praising Isaako after his rookie of the year performance and calling for him to be moved to fullback. So yeah it's hard to tell what a player will be like until they actually get a chance in the jersey.

If I were kev I'd send him back to q-cup and make him play at #1 for the rest of the season.

He took a hitup on friday through the middle of the field and it made me wonder if he is being wasted at centre. His footwork and agility is as good as anything I've seen in the NRL for his size. Some stuff he's done this year makes me think he has a high footy IQ and good hand eye coordination (draw-in passes out to mead, a running cross field kick to Dearden).

That being said... people were praising Isaako after his rookie of the year performance and calling for him to be moved to fullback. So yeah it's hard to tell what a player will be like until they actually get a chance in the jersey.

If I were kev I'd send him back to q-cup and make him play at #1 for the rest of the season.

Unfortunately, Herbie is basically the only backline player who is actually first grade standard.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Howie
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • heartly87
  • Dexter
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.