OFFICIAL Herbie Farnworth Re-Signs With Broncos

well....if i look at the roster overall...its obvious in short order Oates is going to be squeeezed out of Brisbane at least as a winger here...

Arthurs, Coates and Herbie resigned....clear where this trend is heading...

Honestly, its probably better if these rookie outside backs don't come out dominating in their first year.

Isaako was rookie of the year in 2018 and fell off a cliff. Let them ply their trade for a few years in a bad team - best way to stay grounded.

To be fair I hadn't seen much out of Herbie until this week either, suddenly tonight he looked like he gained about 5 yards of pace and a side step. Have no idea what he's been doing for the last 10 odd games if this is what he can do.
But even still of the games I have seen he is all effort especially in defence, our team needs more players like that, and at 20 he will have a very high ceiling with those attributes.

Last edited:
every game he improves he’s legit, his ceiling I’m not sure but gezz hard not to think fb is in his future.

If you where going to put him in fullback you would want a full pre season so he can understand the position, but Im not convinced I think he would work on Wing and Centre, Fullback in the modern game is a tough position to learn if it's not your normal place.

Of all our players I think Niu is probably our long term fullback if he keeps improving(keep in mind the kid is only 18) he has shown he knows modern fullback gameplays more then anyone else we have put there and is incredibly fit but he is raw and I think a top team would probably let him develop for a couple more seasons before exposing him to 1st grade standard.

I haven't seen anything that screams FB.

Well you're never really going to know unless he plays there.

He has some of the skills, speed, footwork, strength. But the other skills needed to be successful in the position, you're not going to see them playing wing/centre.

That’s what it is, There’s a bit of Joseph Manu about him. That ability to run hard, swerve and the pace. Can anyone else see if?

I've said this a few times, but it's worth repeating.. I swear he completely changed his game last night. He looked faster, stronger, more elusive, better footwork..

Never seen a player randomly do that midway through a season, but I'm not complaining. Very similar style of running to Manu. If he's capable of this at 20 I would be quite interested in seeing what he could do with a full off-season and pre-season at Fullback tbh.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Midean
  • Santa
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosgirl
  • Strop
  • BroncsNBundy
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • Organix
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
... and 44 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.