OFFICIAL Herbie Farnworth Re-Signs With Broncos

I think his name is great, my young daughter already yells out 'Herbie kirby' when he gets the ball.

I'm not yet sure he is a gun player we hope he will be but anyone who shows passion and loyalty for the club gets a big tick in my book.

Have you ever watched Farnsworth???

I wonder why twenty clubs over 7 different codes or whatever it was were chasing a park footballer?

Are they though? All we have is the word of Brian Foley who is claiming the EPL and the NFL were interested in signing him.... yeah... starts to lose its credibility doesn't it? Herbie was in the Man U youth system - along with literally hundreds of other kids, most never make it. Then he moved to Australia and gave up on that dream entirely. The NFL? Our best don't even cut it - entirely different skill set - who in their right mind in the NFL would be chasing a rookie on the other side of the world with everything left to prove? No one.

This is not "negativity" it's criticism of pathetic journalism and an absolute puff piece to try and warm Broncos fans hearts after the train wreck of a season with the David Fifita cherry on top.

My position is that I am happy we signed Herbie, he looks like he'll be a solid run on player for us for a number of years.

Compare to some of our other young players though just for clarity here. Staggs - massive presence on the field, is a bit further along than Farnworth but was knocking down the door of an origin break through prior to these last 10 weeks. Payne Haas and David Fifita, already very young origin players. Xavier Coates and Patty Carrigan - will very likely play origin in the next few years.

Herbie though? Not sure. He's probably a few down in the pecking order there. I am not saying Herbie is by any means a poor signing (unless we paid more than 250k for him).

Just because you're desperate for good news does not make those who hold other views than you are somehow letting the tyres down on the club. Call a spade a spade guys. He's not the signing of the decade, he is however a solid recruit who will serve us well as long as we got him cheap. The nonsense about 20 clubs etc, utter garbage.

View attachment 9060
Are they though? All we have is the word of Brian Foley who is claiming the EPL and the NFL were interested in signing him.... yeah... starts to lose its credibility doesn't it? Herbie was in the Man U youth system - along with literally hundreds of other kids, most never make it. Then he moved to Australia and gave up on that dream entirely. The NFL? Our best don't even cut it - entirely different skill set - who in their right mind in the NFL would be chasing a rookie on the other side of the world with everything left to prove? No one.

This is not "negativity" it's criticism of pathetic journalism and an absolute puff piece to try and warm Broncos fans hearts after the train wreck of a season with the David Fifita cherry on top.

My position is that I am happy we signed Herbie, he looks like he'll be a solid run on player for us for a number of years.

Compare to some of our other young players though just for clarity here. Staggs - massive presence on the field, is a bit further along than Farnworth but was knocking down the door of an origin break through prior to these last 10 weeks. Payne Haas and David Fifita, already very young origin players. Xavier Coates and Patty Carrigan - will very likely play origin in the next few years.

Herbie though? Not sure. He's probably a few down in the pecking order there. I am not saying Herbie is by any means a poor signing (unless we paid more than 250k for him).

Just because you're desperate for good news does not make those who hold other views than you are somehow letting the tyres down on the club. Call a spade a spade guys. He's not the signing of the decade, he is however a solid recruit who will serve us well as long as we got him cheap. The nonsense about 20 clubs etc, utter garbage.

Who has called him the signing of the decade though? I'll save you some time, no-one. He is a good player and it was really nice to hear someone be openly loyal for a fucking change. Why put words in people's mouths so you can criticise people for something they didn't say?

Who has called him the signing of the decade though? I'll save you some time, no-one. He is a good player and it was really nice to hear someone be openly loyal for a fucking change. Why put words in people's mouths so you can criticise people for something they didn't say?
Why carry on like a snowflake when someone has an opposing view then?
[automerge]1596158599[/automerge]
Have some respect. Honestly I have been cracking the shits about loyalty since Fifita but when you see fans like you I think we get what we deserve.

Last edited:
Farnworth has no elite attribute - not one. He is a park footballer and lucky enough to come along at a time when the broncos have assembled one of the worst rosters in the history of the club.

You don't sign an Australia rep player in every single position. He's very young, very solid and is on a trajectory for major improvement.

People here writing off players before they take their nappys off.

The kids 20 he is by no means at his peak yet, could very easily develop into a rep player if he keeps at it.

On your bike then buddy, sick of hearing this negative dribble. Yeah we are having a bad year, but guess what so is the fucking 'World ' !!
People are losing loved ones and they're jobs, but we lose some footy games and some people think it's the end of the world!
**** me! Some perspective wouldn't fucking hurt. So all you negative ***** can get fucked!!!
I was with you up until the final two sentences but I can't advocate such vulgar language.

The nonsense about 20 clubs etc, utter garbage.

Anyone that's watched this kid come up through the ranks knows he's got a very bright future ahead of him if he keeps developing.

He's got all the skills you would want. Speed, footwork, strength, the ability to shrug off defenders and he's not hollow between the ears.

These recruiters would have been looking at more than just his few games in first grade. If you actually watched him come up through the ranks, you would see why there were so many clubs after him.

I think his name is great, my young daughter already yells out 'Herbie kirby' when he gets the ball.

I'm not yet sure he is a gun player we hope he will be but anyone who shows passion and loyalty for the club gets a big tick in my book.
Well she’s already a more observant viewer than me. 9/10 I get him and Boyd confused because of their matching boots and haircut.

you probably need to give these guys 50-80 NRL games played before you can make a informed judgement on just what kind of player you have on your hands.

Given the length of the contract id say we should get that large sample size by the end of it to know what exactly we have signed here...

So, for now, he is here to stay, so lets see what he does with a prolonged run in the side..?

Liking Herbie and Arthars, they look agile and more sleek than our 'autoselection' senior. One of em could make a fist of it at fullback.
When is Vudogo gonna have run, seasons gone and should have come in to showcase his worth already?

Staggs is becoming a major disappoinment this year. For every good run or try, he messes it up with at least 2 errors after. Needs to cut those out altogether - maybe he'd be more devastating at 5/8...just saying.

Liking Herbie and Arthars, they look agile and more sleek than our 'autoselection' senior. One of em could make a fist of it at fullback.
When is Vudogo gonna have run, seasons gone and should have come in to showcase his worth already?

Staggs is becoming a major disappoinment this year. For every good run or try, he messes it up with at least 2 errors after. Needs to cut those out altogether - maybe he'd be more devastating at 5/8...just saying.

At risk of sounding like Darius or Milford, there may be times he tries too much, so far as chancing his hand. All will come with experience, and with a solid defender in Dearden on the right his defensive game should improve. They need consistency in lineups to improve that kind of stuff

Active Now

• Strop
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • Brotherdu
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Stix
  • Culhwch
  • Financeguy
  • Lurker
  • broncsgoat
  • azza.79
  • HarryAllan7
  • BooKhaki
  • Horseheadsup
  • mrslong
  • Santa
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.