OFFICIAL Herbie Farnworth Re-Signs With Broncos

Does Tedesco kick? Did Tedesco pass before he went to roosters? Rome wasn't built in a day, can't expect Farnsworth to be the complete player at the start of his career. Give him time

I am applying a pretty decent sample size of 37 senior games and I have watched them all in full.

Yeah. I'm not the one completely misrepresenting the facts here. A key player would be someone absolutely essential to the club.

Don't get me wrong. Love the loyalty and I think Herbie may one day be a really good player.

But c'mon. This is pure PR nonsense to try and gloss over some of the coverage of Fafita.

Last edited:

20 clubs. Coach. Do me. Just what we need at the minute. First class, unlike others.

I am surprised it was just 20.

Be an astute buy, he's 21 this year and only been in the Broncos system three years. First year of an NRL contract this year so he's on not much money wise, it wouldn't take much to pry him away and he's just that good you could get a 10 year player for $200k to start with.

Brisbane has put so much money into the forwards that backs like Herbie are going to be the price to pay.

I may have underestimated how much he loves the place and his uncle would advise him to stay but still stand by the fact he would have been a great buy.
[automerge]1596106506[/automerge]
Mind passing that message along to pies?

A person who has never watched Rugby League before could have watched our game last week and told you that Herbie looks far more comfortable and impactful on the wing than at centre.

I suppose I'll wait until kick off.. Maybe Arthars will be a late inclusion at left centre and Herbie will push to the wing.

I have said it for two years, I am convinced he has the skills to be a winger. He won't be a somersaulting winger but the comparison I always think of is Tate.

Last edited:
😄 Brent Tate played centre for Australia - he was a very explosive player.

Farnworth has no elite attribute - not one. He is a park footballer and lucky enough to come along at a time when the broncos have assembled one of the worst rosters in the history of the club.

Farnworth has no elite attribute - not one. He is a park footballer and lucky enough to come along at a time when the broncos have assembled one of the worst rosters in the history of the club.

All those other clubs and codes must have no idea then hey? I mean granted the Storm and the Roosters are notorious for making poor recruitment choices. They should have just spoken to you first!

On your bike then buddy, sick of hearing this negative dribble. Yeah we are having a bad year, but guess what so is the fucking 'World ' !!
People are losing loved ones and they're jobs, but we lose some footy games and some people think it's the end of the world!
**** me! Some perspective wouldn't fucking hurt. So all you negative ***** can get fucked!!!

I know it's not a flattering comparison these days, but Boyd looked like a very ordinary winger when he came into first grade in 2006 and he turned into a pretty handy player eventually.

In general, I think people on here massively overrate their ability to judge the talent of footballers, particularly when their views are based on such a small sample size.

On your bike then buddy, sick of hearing this negative dribble. Yeah we are having a bad year, but guess what so is the fucking 'World ' !!
People are losing loved ones and they're jobs, but we lose some footy games and some people think it's the end of the world!
**** me! Some perspective wouldn't fucking hurt. So all you negative ***** can get fucked!!!

Broncos have some quality talent - Fifita, Staggs, Haas, TPG - but there are also some players on this roster that don't have it. There is a reason we are losing by 50 every week.

Just discussing the broncos and offering opinion on the team. I apologise if I hurt your feelings.

I can recommend some good optometrists. Sounds like you need them. Just don't forget to wear a mask, preferably over your mouth and not your eyes.

I know it's not a flattering comparison these days, but Boyd looked like a very ordinary winger when he came into first grade in 2006 and he turned into a pretty handy player eventually.

In general, I think people on here massively overrate their ability to judge the talent of footballers, particularly when their views are based on such a small sample size.
Agree with your second paragraph.

Boyd won broncos rookie of the year and played in a grand final winning team with a backline consisting of Hodges, Hunt, Tate, Staggs, Lockyer - all representative players - 4 played for Australia - all played for QLD that year I believe.

This backline I don't believe will have a single representative player this year.

Farnworth is a team body and every team needs them but he is replaceable. The fear is we paid overs after losing on Fifita to appease media and fanbase.

Last edited:

Have you ever watched Farnsworth???

I wonder why twenty clubs over 7 different codes or whatever it was were chasing a park footballer?

Agree with your second paragraph.

Boyd won broncos rookie of the year and played in a grand final winning team with a backline consisting of Hodges, Hunt, Tate, Staggs, Lockyer - all representative players - 4 played for Australia - all player for QLD that year I believe.

This backline I don't believe will have a single representative player this year.

Farnworth is a team body and every team needs them but he is replaceable. The fear is we paid overs after losing on Fifita to appease media and fanbase.
Boyd was very much maligned by Broncos fans all year. He looked slow and he had a habit of running more sideways than forwards. I'm sure people within the club saw Boyd's potential, but I don't think many fans would admit to rating him much at all at the time.

You might be right on the last point - I'm still unsold on Farnworth too, but some good judges seem to rate him so I will defer to them for now.

Have you ever watched Farnsworth???

I wonder why twenty clubs over 7 different codes or whatever it was were chasing a park footballer?
Yes and do you think it's strange I don't think he is close to Brent Tate?

20 clubs is a good story.

Will watch him again tonight hopefully he has a great game.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Scorchie
  • Sproj
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.