OFFICIAL Herbie ***** off to the dolphins

I was reading an article recently on Brandon Smith, it's the reason he didn't take a million dollars to play somewhere.

Yeah that was hilarious. Do they expect anyone to believe that? "Actually, no sorry, that offer is too high and it would put me under too much pressure. Can you please pay me less so I don't feel that burden"?

Uncle Nick enters. "So... what if I could pay you a million, but without the burden, as no one would know"?

Agent: "SORRY NICK, EVERYTHING WE DO NEEDS TO BE ABOVE BOARD". *turns loud music on* "**** YES, THAT WOULD ah shit, I mean, yeah, give us the cash".

Reckon there’s a write up in CM about why Herbie going to Redcliffe next season. Can someone tell the synopsis of that?

Reckon there’s a write up in CM about why Herbie going to Redcliffe next season. Can someone tell the synopsis of that?
doesnt really say directly but says stuff like 'wayne was the first coach to sign him,nice of him to reach out to sign him' and the redcliffe dolphins having the melbourne storm forwards.finishes with him saying he thought it was a good time to move on.

Yet, Herbie’s narrative doesn’t tell the whole story. To be honest, his point around Storm forwards are utter garbage. We now have our front row sorted(baring, Paynes extension) for foreseeable future.
Anyhow, he decided to move on so too I shall painfully.

Yet, Herbie’s narrative doesn’t tell the whole story. To be honest, his point around Storm forwards are utter garbage. We now have our front row sorted(baring, Paynes extension) for foreseeable future.
There was a interview on the news aswell says he's happy to be centre and Wayne was the first coach to sign him..
He's only going to be coached by Wayne for a year..
The storm forwards is a load of crap pretty sure he had the opportunity to go down to the storm a few years ago and now their all nearing the end of their careers at the dolphins.

I think you'll find it's called answering diplomatically - he can't say he is stoked to leave the Broncos while he's still there, he can't say he regrets leaving this awesome team because he's going to the Dolphins next year. No one is offended.

If Herbie plays right centre next season over there, you got your answer as to why.

They more then likely could pay more as well.

Both Herbie and Flegler have had really good starts to the season which makes it hurt more.

I feel as if Staggs has been the better centre this year, marginally.
One had to go to make way for Mariner, who I have a gut feeling will be an absolute gun. I like that we aren’t rushing him in.
sucks that we lose Herbie, but we can’t keep them all…. No hate for taking the big $ when they got offered

I feel as if Staggs has been the better centre this year, marginally.
One had to go to make way for Mariner, who I have a gut feeling will be an absolute gun. I like that we aren’t rushing him in.
sucks that we lose Herbie, but we can’t keep them all…. No hate for taking the big $ when they got offered

Agreed. Mariner just looks something special, he might well end up better than both…he also might end up a total bust but his upward trajectory is stunning.

He can’t really just come out and say it’s for heaps more money can he and that’s the real reason.

That's just not right, he's still on less than Staggs is on when he plays for the Dolphins next year.

That's just not right, he's still on less than Staggs is on when he plays for the Dolphins next year.
But assuming Dolphins offered him more money that we did it doesn't really matter what Staggs is on.

Point is he cant answer by saying he went to the Dolphins because they offered him more money than the Broncos...nicer to make up something about wanting to play with the ex Storm players...

But assuming Dolphins offered him more money that we did it doesn't really matter what Staggs is on.

Point is he cant answer by saying he went to the Dolphins because they offered him more money than the Broncos...nicer to make up something about wanting to play with the ex Storm players...

It shows he's still not on money fitting an international centre. So this Herbie just took the cash and ran isn't right.

It shows he's still not on money fitting an international centre. So this Herbie just took the cash and ran isn't right.

Learn to read and comprehend man, no one is comparing his wage to Staggs. He has gone for far more than we could offer - argue that point, not your usual tangential points no one has said.

Learn to read and comprehend man, no one is comparing his wage to Staggs. He has gone for far more than we could offer - argue that point, not your usual tangential points no one has said.

You're incorrect.

He didn't leave for 'heaps" more money like you claimed/made up- you have no idea how much he is on and me pointing out he still isn't on what Staggs is on shows he isn't on 'heaps more money' or even what an international centre/rep centre should be on.

It's very relevant to compare the two, it shows how he isn't on a heap at all.

You're incorrect.

He didn't leave for 'heaps" more money like you claimed- you have no idea how much he is on and me pointing out he still isn't on what Staggs is on shows he isn't on 'heaps more money' or even what an international centre/rep centre should be on.

What do you think his signing value is?

You're incorrect.

He didn't leave for 'heaps" more money like you claimed/made up- you have no idea how much he is on and me pointing out he still isn't on what Staggs is on shows he isn't on 'heaps more money' or even what an international centre/rep centre should be on.

Ok, seeing as you are such a fountain of knowledge, answer two simple questions:
1. How much did Brisbane offer
2. How much did he sign with Redcliffe for

Because you struggle with comprehension, I have not once said he did sign for what he is 'worth' or that what he is 'worth' is comparable to Staggs.

Given you know he isn't on a 'heap' of money, I expect you to be able to answer both questions with evidence as you obviously have 'claimed' this and by admission, you also have not 'made this up'.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.