OFFICIAL Herman Ese'ese to Knights

from my understanding herman is going, arrow is close to going to the titans or eels, unsure on joe as he was on the chopping block but he may get a reprieve if the other go and fai is prob 50/50
So next year Broncos got lodge and they going to loose 3 or 4 young front rows. Sam will get retire this or next year. Blair got two years. Why the hell Broncos going to loose young front rows?

So next year Broncos got lodge and they going to loose 3 or 4 young front rows. Sam will get retire this or next year. Blair got two years. Why the hell Broncos going to loose young front rows?

who knows mate, but salary cap is really tight over the next few seasons. the next big issues/contracts come next year will be oates and pangai. they will both want big increases.

That's shocking. That's most of our young forward prospects potentially gone.
Herman, Joe, Fai, Arrow.

Is this just the Broncos losing bidding wars? Or are the rumours of our youngsters being upset about "buying outside talent", like Lodge, true?

I'm glad we didn't match the offer for either of them...

I am stoked about losing Moga ...

I am disappointed to be losing Ese'ese, I think he has good potential, but not worth the offer from the desperate Knights at this stage.

It's the problem with a capped league - one team is nearing the maximum and the other a cellar-dweller that still has half their cap to spend and raids clubs of up-and-comers and/or next-choice players. Also add to that we still haven't actually settled on a cap figure for next year right? How are clubs supposed to potentially defend against it? I agree we shouldn't pay on potential, but we need to secure props. We have good depth currently, dependant on Lodge next year if we get two injuries to first 17s we look really thin again.

I think losing Herman could really hurt us in the long run. Our team will age quicker than we think. We need that next wave to be firing once the '08 NYC generation start hitting 30, which is only next year. Thaiday is already 32, Blair will be 31 when next season kicks off, Moose will be 28, Glenn and Gillett 30 (post-season). Obviously they're not retiring (ST is due though imo), but we need to lessen the blow as much as possible while still having enough quality players to fill the 14-20

who knows mate, but salary cap is really tight over the next few seasons. the next big issues/contracts come next year will be oates and pangai. they will both want big increases.
How other clubs like dogs, rooster, rabbits keeping and buying other players?

They have to look at the team and the appearances they're making and not see a path way... and then talk of buying other players happens on top of that.

he is pretty dam good, but only time will tell.
Problem with lodge will be money. Soon are later he will need financial help. He already paid heap of money on his criminal case. I am sure there will be always club desperate for his type of player.

No one knows how good the kids will end up, but it's still feels frustrating letting pretty much all of them go at once, while clubs like the Storm end up keeping exactly who they want. At least we'll hopefully be keeping Pangai.

I'd have a little faith that WB will pick up an unfashionable player or two, everyone will have kittens saying he's gone mad but at least one of his gambles will pay off. Blair wasn't a popular pick, Bunji wasn't either and I'm sure he's had his feelers out. Every player who feels overlooked knows that game time for the Broncos means offers on the table and time in the limelight.

Over the salary cap crap. First if you must have one the it needs to sorted out at least a year in advance. Can always have bonus top ups if extra money around for players. Better yet have all contracts expressed as a % of cap.

Don't begrudge him the money but have fun playing at Newcastle... test jersey looking further away already.

Is it really our mess for not offering them massive overs to keep them out if the clutches of desperate teams?

Well if we don't sign Lodge or re-sign any of those for young forwards, we won't have much a forward pack or depth.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • bert_lifts
  • Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.