NEWS He's just a winner: Turpin

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Turpin talks about Kevvie and the upcoming pre-season camp in the Courier Mail

about the 4 day camp to Twin Waters on the Sunshine Coast:

“It is important for our year and a stepping stone for our year ahead,” Turpin said.

“(The coaching staff) just want us to go down there and relax with each other.

“They don’t want us to go there stressing about what we do.

“We go play golf together, go to the beach together, go get coffees together.

“It’s really important for our get together this year and it’s probably our only chance to do it with our shortened pre-season.”

about what Kevvie brings to the club:

“He’s brought in that winning culture and everything’s about winning,” he said.

“That’s just not winning games, that’s winning everything.

“It’s winning in our gym, it’s winning our training, it’s winning in doing the little things upstairs like cleaning up.

“(Kevvie’s) just a winner and he’s putting that on our team as well.”

about his upcoming season and competition from McCullough:

“Whatever’s best for the team is what I model my footy on every year,” he said.

“So if that’s being starting nine or 14 coming off the bench, whatever gets results and whatever I’m needed for is what I’ll do.

“I (want to) learn everything I can off (McCullough) and we’re good mates.

“He was literally my favourite player growing up.”

Turpin talks about Kevvie and the upcoming pre-season camp in the Courier Mail

about the 4 day camp to Twin Waters on the Sunshine Coast:

“It is important for our year and a stepping stone for our year ahead,” Turpin said.

“(The coaching staff) just want us to go down there and relax with each other.

“They don’t want us to go there stressing about what we do.

“We go play golf together, go to the beach together, go get coffees together.

“It’s really important for our get together this year and it’s probably our only chance to do it with our shortened pre-season.”

about what Kevvie brings to the club:

“He’s brought in that winning culture and everything’s about winning,” he said.

“That’s just not winning games, that’s winning everything.

“It’s winning in our gym, it’s winning our training, it’s winning in doing the little things upstairs like cleaning up.

“(Kevvie’s) just a winner and he’s putting that on our team as well.”

about his upcoming season and competition from McCullough:

“Whatever’s best for the team is what I model my footy on every year,” he said.

“So if that’s being starting nine or 14 coming off the bench, whatever gets results and whatever I’m needed for is what I’ll do.

“I (want to) learn everything I can off (McCullough) and we’re good mates.

“He was literally my favourite player growing up.”
And hes won?????? Please expand on this

the CM describe it as less bootcamp more bonding.

beach, golf etc and a chance to get away from their exhausting training schedule, while becoming better acquainted with each other
Sounds better than the music👍 but hopefully while theyre bonding they dont forget about the basics like the pastt few seasons

Competing to win at everything, I like that attitude
Thats how it should be....they get paid well enough...some have taken their " comfortable" football with them elsewhere or to retirement.....a few are playing for their futures here or elsewhere....be interesting to see how much winning means to these blokes shortly as the draw is stacked against us

I remember reading something similar about the team in 2015.

the CM describe it as less bootcamp more bonding.

beach, golf etc and a chance to get away from their exhausting training schedule, while becoming better acquainted with each other

It sounds alright to get them to know each other etc. but I have a feeling while they are doing that the Storm are flogging the arse of their squad.
Guess we’ll know which approach works best this season.

It sounds alright to get them to know each other etc. but I have a feeling while they are doing that the Storm are flogging the arse of their squad.

the Storm/Roosters have already gone though that bonding process ... and i don't think 4 days off will negatively impact our 2021 campaign, it's not like they're going for 4 weeks

Last edited:
This is the type of post where I wish there's a dislike button. Negative for the sake of being negative.
There is m8, fire away.

He is, he cooked me dinner once! lol

He does have things i dont think he is great at, but his attitude is terrific and he gives it everything. Pity we cant transplant his mentality into some others.

And just where was my invite?

ps you’re not invited on my date with Patty

Storm have been at their camp in Geelong.

the Storm/Roosters have already gone though that bonding process ... and i don't think 4 days off will negatively impact our 2021 campaign, it's not like they're going for 4 weeks

No I don’t think it will hurt either.
I was more wondering if kevvie has a part of our pre season similar to the storms notoriously tough training regimes.

Active Now

• IceWorks
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Matheos
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.