Hodges Facing Suspension

It'll hurt us for sure, no Carroll this week either... can probably kiss top 4 good bye

No Carroll either? He is another one that does so much in attack and defense that his presence is invaluable, I never bet against the broncos but this week is a VERY tough ask.

No Hodges and Carroll damages out metre making abilities, which are so important against the Warriors. :(

we're still quite capable of beating them, Ennis/Wallace/Lockyer/Hunt will cause them problems..

I hope the weather is alright or I think we're in for a slow match with the warriors grinding out a win.

Warriors are usually very strong at home, out of all our remaining matches this was the one I picked us to lose before Carroll and Hodges were out.

Hodges out - definitley kiss top 4 good-bye - and he should be fined by the club for letting down his team mates and club fans - dick.

Settle. After 9 weeks on the sidelines through suspension Hodges is going to be mighty pissed off and with a point to prove for finals time.

Also I think that not only is the charge a load of BS but the suspension has been made worse by Hodges carry over points.

2 weeks for that is insane but the NRL are obivously saying you disrespect the referees, we mandatorily punish you.

subsbligh said:
Settle. After 9 weeks on the sidelines through suspension Hodges is going to be mighty pissed off and with a point to prove for finals time.

Also I think that not only is the charge a load of BS but the suspension has been made worse by Hodges carry over points.

2 weeks for that is insane but the NRL are obivously saying you disrespect the referees, we mandatorily punish you.

then last weekends game is the first time the NRL have said that. the weekend before Gallen grabbed the ref, no charge :roll:

Hodges needs to pull his head in. Hes one of the more experienced guys in the team and the last thing he should be doing is getting suspended for doing completely stupid things like tipping blokes on their head and making immature hand signals at the ref.

Hes lucky he didnt get cited for the late shoulder to david milne's head as well. When is the bloke going to learn that he is 10 times the player without the rubbish in his game.

Bah 2 weeks just for that! Oh well it'll make the game more interesting to see, just that little bit more difficult. No Carrol either?! who is going to attempt to tackle Price?

So, I guess the standard has now been set. Every time we see vision of a player mouthing "F*@ck off" after a penalty, for instance, they will now be cited.

I personally think if Hodges said "**** off" to the ref, it probably would have passed. It's the visual hand gesture (which I think is more offensive) that got him the charge.

As long as the NRL consistently bring up these kinds of offenses I'll be happy rather than doing the one off. Kind of like the referee.. sure, award it a no try.. but award everyone like that a no try from here on in.

Hodges raised his right arm in a “up yours†salute behind Archer, who did not see the gesture.

He contended it was not directed towards Archer, who he said he thought had made the right decision.

Hodges said it was a gesture of frustration at the Broncos surrendering possession.

Wait... So was it directed at the ref or the Broncos? Personally I don't know which one I prefer. Hopefully not the latter....ala Johns eusa_think

Fark it.

Warriors and Dragons will put an end to our top four aspirations, I just hope we only finish fifth or sixth now.

He sure has the ability to be a wanker, I mean really... been back a week and he pulls a stunt like this. A full on brain fart.

cameo said:
So, I guess the standard has now been set. Every time we see vision of a player mouthing "F*@ck off" after a penalty, for instance, they will now be cited.

Well, you'd expect that wouldn't you? In his defence, they used footage of Gallen. Would love to have heard the response form the board about why that was cited. "ref didn't see it, video ref didn't see it, even though all of the people watching on tv saw it, we were watching a bullant walking across the table at that particular moment."

I want one step further. Now that Brisbane have paid this price, I want ref's to call players by numbers, have the ability to send players for 10 minutes for EVERYTHING, and to start citing anyone who approaches/whinges to them, who isn't the skipper. Let's get as strict as Reserves and local footy.

Active Now

• Astro
  • Huge
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.