Hodges Facing Suspension

If the Broncos walked in and used that as a defence they'd make a lot of progress :P

My concern with this case is that it has media exposure (much like Johns) and I think the NRL will be quick to set an example. The NRL are not going to sit there and go "Oh.. yeah sorry we missed that Gallen one. We'll let you off the hook because of it". I think he will get 2 weeks based on that.

Agree mal. The NRL are great at making one off examples of people and never following through again.

2 weeks seems harsh, but i agree that they'll use this one to make an example of.

Hodges really does need to pull his head in more !

Coxy said:
Agree mal. The NRL are great at making one off examples of people and never following through again.

Agree with both of you there, I really think this really is a no win situation for us because the bottomline is the NRL aren't going to be keen to be seen as being soft on this sort of behaviour especially as mal points out the media has really made this an issue to be dealt with. Harsh or not, Hodges needs to step up as a senior player.

mal said:
My concern with this case is that it has media exposure

Wow! So basically the media can have major influences on players careers!? Geez, haven't seen that in the NRL before :roll:

Have I ever mentioned my hatred of Chanel 9 football commentators?

Coxy said:
If the Broncos walked in and used that as a defence they'd make a lot of progress :P

I'm not saying that's the defence - just that's that the real issue here - apart from the idiot Rules the NRL uses in Judiciary matters.

Hodges is a twit, but he's not a serial thug like Gallen.

any way to get live updates on the outcome? foxsports.com.au?

I hope Archer gets a game at Suncorp before the end of the year. I'm practising my "Up Yours" arm swings as we speak.

2 games in and his back on the sideline for another offence, fustrating.

We should do in unison.

Hodgo was a dropkick for doing it though.

God! No emoticon can express how much this decision annoys me! Agreed Hodges is a goose for doing it, but the team is SO much better with him playing. SO much extra spark out of dummy half and on his side of the field. Oh well, maybe now he will learn... But somehow I doubt it.

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • NSW stables
  • Broncs1459
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.