Hodges Facing Suspension

Hammo said:
On TV, the only footage was him pointing up to his eyes. It wasn't "the forks" (who even does that anymore?), it was a gesture meaning, "up your **** eyes!"

I really can't believe the citing.

He did 2 gestures

The one he was cited for in the 61 min & the eye pointing near the end of the game.

I think the eye pointing was to the touchie.

BroncoMatt said:
images

That is the gesture I seen Hodges give the referee when he turned his back. I couldnt believe nothing was done about it at the time. I have no doubt this is what the charge is for and it deserves 2 weeks IMO
That's the one they just showed on Ten news and if that's the case, the charge is an absolute joke.

LOL

The review committee are a joke, if that's all he has done.

I thought he was just joking as well, hard to tell because I saw it on the telly, from what I saw though, it looked like nothing more than tongue in cheek, didnt Johns get like 2 or 3 weeks for much much worse? (carry points aside?)

lockyer47 said:
I thought he was just joking as well, hard to tell because I saw it on the telly, from what I saw though, it looked like nothing more than tongue in cheek, didnt Johns get like 2 or 3 weeks for much much worse? (carry points aside?)

As it has already been discussed, he made a different gesture to the eyes thing.

He ran behind the ref and basically did the up yours gesture without flipping the actual bird (BroncoMatt's picture couldn't be any more accurate).
Who the hell does that anyway? haha. I haven't seen an adult do that in...well EVER.

Unfortunately, some people in life just have that dickhead gene. Hodges is one of them. I really like him as a player, but the dickhead gene makes him do some really stupid things sometimes.

2 weeks though? Eh. People need to grow some balls.

guppy said:
lockyer47 said:

As it has already been discussed, he made a different gesture to the eyes thing.

He ran behind the ref and basically did the up yours gesture without flipping the actual bird (BroncoMatt's picture couldn't be any more accurate).
Who the hell does that anyway? haha. I haven't seen an adult do that in...well EVER.

Unfortunately, some people in life just have that dickhead gene. Hodges is one of them. I really like him as a player, but the dickhead gene makes him do some really stupid things sometimes.

2 weeks though? Eh. People need to grow some balls.

I think the charge is only for 1 week (which is fair enough), but he'll be suspended for 2 only because of his carry over points.

Anasta told the referre he's OFF HIS HEAD twice last year, he got nothing

Andrew johns SWORE at the touch judges he got two weeks, so how is this worth anything at all? (one week and one week from his carry over_

They can't IMO prove it was directed at the ref or that it was a rude gesture.

Just saw it on 9 & 7.

I just watched again what they are basing the charge on....what an absolute joke. Pretty soon you will be getting banned for so much as looking at the ref.

Scotty said:
I just watched again what they are basing the charge on....what an absolute joke. Pretty soon you will be getting banned for so much as looking at the ref.

Are you serious?? WHat Hodges did was just plain wrong. Extremely disrespectful and he deserves to do time

OH Please.

Next fans will be charged for calling the ref a d!ckhead.

As I have stated they can't prove anything.

Kaz said:
OH Please.

Next fans will be charged for calling the ref a d!ckhead.

As I have stated they can't prove anything.
Totally agree. They've got nothing. [icon_shru

BroncoMatt said:
Scotty said:

Are you serious?? WHat Hodges did was just plain wrong. Extremely disrespectful and he deserves to do time

I gather you're not talking about the one the cameras caught mate??

Kiwis do it to other teams all the time in the Haka.
We listened to the ABC call yesterday and they made a point of bringing this gesture up. I thought when we watched the game it was the eyes they were talking about.

Get over it. He is a silly bloke for doing that but many have done much worse and got nothing nor any mention. Not just Johns who did many stupid things and said as much but other players and this year at that.

Jump on it if you must but lets face it 'He is a Bronco and we are hitting our straps'!!

No one to blame but Hodges himself. It was a stupid thing to do.

2 weeks may be a tad harsh though. I mean, some high tackles don't even get a week.

Doesn't deserve 2 weeks, maybe ten in the bin, but not a suspension

It's a grade 1, so there is a good chance he'll fight it and get nothing

Archer should be charged with impersonating a referee.

A life ban is in order.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.