Hodges leave of absence until January 26, 2009

Hodges is the number one player in the world at failing to deliver in big matches (except in 2006)

I actually agree with you Alec (I know, its crazy) he has done nothing in finals, origin or tests outside of a couple of the finals matches in '06.

Webcke said:
When hes good hes the best center in the world.

When Ingils returns to center Hodges will be hard pressed to be better.

"BOOZY HODGES ASKED TO TAKE SOME TIME OFF" I can see this as being personal!

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/br ... 24113.html

BRISBANE have granted representative star Justin Hodges a six-week leave of absence from training, citing a need for him to deal with "personal issues" following suggestions he let the club down by missing a commitment after a drinking session.

There is no suggestion Hodges behaved poorly or was involved in any confrontation, but sources have told the Herald that after a drinking session at a Brisbane venue on Sunday, he failed to show up at a club sponsor's function on Monday.

The Broncos have been the subjects of a rash of bad publicity going back to late last season, and involving a number of players in alcohol-related incidents. The incidents resulted in the club's chief executive, Bruno Cullen, introducing a strict code of conduct for the players to follow, designed to eliminate excessive drinking.

Smithdom said:
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/broncos-give-hodges-leave/2008/12/11/1228585024113.html

BRISBANE have granted representative star Justin Hodges a six-week leave of absence from training, citing a need for him to deal with "personal issues" following suggestions he let the club down by missing a commitment after a drinking session.

There is no suggestion Hodges behaved poorly or was involved in any confrontation, but sources have told the Herald that after a drinking session at a Brisbane venue on Sunday, he failed to show up at a club sponsor's function on Monday.

The Broncos have been the subjects of a rash of bad publicity going back to late last season, and involving a number of players in alcohol-related incidents. The incidents resulted in the club's chief executive, Bruno Cullen, introducing a strict code of conduct for the players to follow, designed to eliminate excessive drinking.

Doesn't take them long does it. [icon_non

Webcke said:
When hes good hes the best center in the world.

Inglis is the best center in the world, masquerading as a 5/8th. Tate out performed Hodges this year. Even Falou (IMO the current best winger) was a better center than Hodges.

08 was a shocker, that said, I have never seen Hodges play better then the 06 finals series everyone has already mentioned, when he was playing fullback. He outplayed Hunt hands down.

There's no shortage of arseholes and hangers on connected to the Broncos (and other clubs) only too eager to break news to the gutter press. Even if the 6 weeks is for Hodges to seek alcohol counselling, so the **** what, at least it's a positive step!

I agree. Hodges has a lot of problems, and I'm less than a fan of the attitude he showed in 2008. But whatever the reason for this leave of absence, he obviously needs it to get his head right. And if he does that, and recaptures the form and attitude of 2005 2006 when he really bounced back and showed what he's capable of then it's all worth it.

And if not, well the Broncos will probably sack him anyway. Let Hodges control his destiny and leave him alone!

Couldn't agree more with you, mrslong and Coxy (for a change, I know!).

The press release was a good move by the Broncos, and was designed to keep people informed but also tell them to keep the hell out of it!

Yep, and some scumbag hanger on at the club decided to give a "scoop".

Anyone read Webcke's book Warhorse and in it there was a paragraph where he was mentioning that he took Hodgo under his wing for a bit...interesting that Hodgo's form& attitude started to slip when Webcke moved on. Maybe it'll be good for him to have some of those guys back at the club, especially since Hodgo is now considered one of the Senior Players.

Glad to be on the same page as Mick for a change...

mrslong said:
Glad to be on the same page as Mick for a change...

Yep, though we have to be careful we don't get sore backs from leaning down so far...next time we should give him a step ladder (or cherry picker) so he can enjoy the view from our ebony tower.

mick! said:
C'mon, fair suck of the sav, Russo!

I believe he has taken over my mantle as the "short" joke teller Mick ever since I decreed earlier in the year to leave your vertical challengedness alone [icon_wink

Hey Mick, Your welcome on my shoulders anytime [icon_wink Anyone thought Hodgo may have been on his buck's nite eusa_think or maybe Corey's buck nite [icon_razz1

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • bert_lifts
  • The True King
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncotville
  • Old Mate
  • the_next
  • BruiserMk1
  • johnny plath
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Financeguy
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.