Hodges on report

Dexter said:
No. He will be back in rnd 20
I must say... hearing 6 weeks is alot better than hearing he comes back in round 20. That just seems soooo much longer.

It's all Riddel's fault. He lost all that weight. Hodges overestimated the amount of effort to lift him.

Haha!

But seriously jim, given the outrage you (and other Titans fans, like Sylve :P) felt about the leniency of the charge he got for his tackle on Harrison in round 6, what are your thoughts on this incident?

Honestly, my first reaction was it was a similar, if not the same tackle and outcome. The difference was Riddel.

My first thought was typical Piggy was playing it up a bit. He made every effort to make it look bad by rolling onto his upper back and then walked straight up the tunnel.

The speed with which he got dropped, walked up the tunnel, got checked by the doctor, back on the bench and then the field was amazing. It all looked a little theatrical.

However, in saying all that, it was a Hodges of old, brain fart and there was a definite possibility of serious injury. He and the Broncos will pay dearly this time.

It's just a shame that Queensland has to pay as well.

That's crap! You either are suspended for 6 games NRL Regular Round or 6 Games of both Regular and Rep.

Silly rule.

My view has always been that suspensions should be NRL competition games (regular and finals). I hate it when they use rep games, or worse, trial games as suspension games.

Frank the Tank said:
you cant count origin games unless he was selected for the team - he wasnt, so it doesnt count. you cant select someone whos suspended either, so that doesnt count. if it did, anyone that gets suspended mid season would count the origin as a suspension, which would be bollocks.

What I am saying is, if you are suspended in NRL you should be able to play rep

Mal's reasoning clearly is that SOO isn't the NRL. Two different comps, two different things.

I see where you're coming from Mal, and THAT particular route sounds okay, but it'd simply follow that people then couldn't serve origin suspensions in the NRL. So if someone did what Hodges did, they'd be allowed to go back and play for their team but they'd miss Origin for 2-3 years!!!!

Yeah I've always been against the rule about counting trials but to allow someone who is suspended for a blatant act (such as a Danny Williams incident for example) to then represent his state or country makes no sense at all.

Meat77 said:
Yeah I've always been against the rule about counting trials but to allow someone who is suspended for a blatant act (such as a Danny Williams incident for example) to then represent his state or country makes no sense at all.

Totally agree. You should be banned from all levels of the sport, apart from training with your club.

I can't wait til Hodgo comes back and rips in, all the way to the finals! WOoHoo should be awesome footy!

In soccer, if you get suspended in say the EPL the you only miss EPL games, you are still able to play in the champions league or Internationals. if you get suspended in an International you miss only International games

bfoord said:
In soccer, if you get suspended in say the EPL the you only miss EPL games, you are still able to play in the champions league or Internationals. if you get suspended in an International you miss only International games

Probably all well and good for soccer players. But punishments are rarely 6-8 weeks, and larger countries rarely only play 2-3 internationals per year.

mick! said:
bfoord said:

Probably all well and good for soccer players. But punishments are rarely 6-8 weeks, and larger countries rarely only play 2-3 internationals per year.

thats true too.

Plus in a truly professional sport like wogball, they wouldn't have the same administrations for club and international/provincial competitions.

Funny how some decisions stun the viewer of the offences.

I remember brett Finch a few years ago did almost the same tackle as Hodges and was given the all clear...just before the big game !!

Daniel Kerr was suspended for West Coast earlier this year, but allowed to play in the AFL game Victoria-v-Dream Team while under suspension....interesting

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Wolfie
  • bazza
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.