Hodges on report

Coxy said:
Nashy said:
Jesus. Far too harsh, he didn't fall on his head.

Very easily could've and been paralysed.

Grade 3 utterly fair. It was unnecessary and stupid. Broncos can take their chances trying to get a downgrade. 8 weeks would be a fair result IMO.

I agree. Completly justified IMO. I think Hodges is stupid for challenging it, as I don't like his chances of a downgrade given Hayne only got 2 weeks. He should have just taken the 6 and should start thinking long and hard about what being a leader is all about.

OMG!!! The Sydney Triple M footy call team were just saying Hayne should fight his charge to be downgraded because Grade 2 is way to harsh. FFS - can they be any more biased?

Clintos said:
Coxy said:
Nashy said:
Jesus. Far too harsh, he didn't fall on his head.

Very easily could've and been paralysed.

Grade 3 utterly fair. It was unnecessary and stupid. Broncos can take their chances trying to get a downgrade. 8 weeks would be a fair result IMO.

I agree. Completly justified IMO. I think Hodges is stupid for challenging it, as I don't like his chances of a downgrade given Hayne only got 2 weeks. He should have just taken the 6 and should start thinking long and hard about what being a leader is all about.

Is Hodgo pleading not guilty Clintos?? If so he is an absolute imbo!! [eusa_doh [eusa_doh

He has already made a stupid error and now he is compounding it by trying to fight a losing cause.

Take the 6 champ!

That's what GCBronco told me. Seems stupid to me.

I'm sorry, i don't agree with most of you.

Hodges lifts Riddell, realizes, but at that point, with 100 kgs in the air what can he do?, so he lets go off him.

Hayne, after the whistle, lifts Carroll, then drives him to the ground.

There is NO WAY an unbiased person can see Hodges tackle as more dangerous than Hayne's.

It should be both on Grade 3 or both on Grade 2, not different. Once again the circus that is the NRL judiciary system comes out to party. Pathetic.

Hammo said:
I'm sorry, i don't agree with most of you.

Hodges lifts Riddell, realizes, but at that point, with 100 kgs in the air what can he do?, so he lets go off him.

Hayne, after the whistle, lifts Carroll, then drives him to the ground.

There is NO WAY an unbiased person can see Hodges tackle as more dangerous than Hayne's.

It should be both on Grade 3 or both on Grade 2, not different. Once again the circus that is the NRL judiciary system comes out to party. Pathetic.
Exactly right, he probably underestimated his own strength, thought he'd need all his strength to lift Piglet and it all went wrong, he let go and ran off...Piglet put his arms out and then for some reason didn't stop himself falling on his head? Probably not intentional, he just didn't have enough strength to keep his bulk from spinning out of control.

I hope he does well at the judiciary, I reckon it's worth fighting...surely it's no worse than his tackle against the Tits.

I'd go a step further Hammo. I reckon both suspensions are an absolute joke!

Nothing wrong with either tackle! It's good, tough rugby league. Rough up your opponent even if it's off the ball. No prisoners out there.

The game is too soft these days!

I am a little suprised that Hodges will go for 6 weeks uncontested while Hayne only gets 2. Hayne did his well and truly after the whistle was blown.

This would all be different if it wasn't origin time.

What about that Oakes that elbowed Kemp in the face? Is he being charged?

broncosil said:
I am a little suprised that Hodges will go for 6 weeks uncontested while Hayne only gets 2. Hayne did his well and truly after the whistle was blown.

This would all be different if it wasn't origin time.

What about that Oakes that elbowed Kemp in the face? Is he being charged?

93 carry over points and 50% loading is what makes such a big difference in the suspension time.

If Hodges take an early guilty plea the penalty is worked out like this

Base penalty grade 3 dangerous throw 525 points
50% loading same offence in the previous 2 years 262 points
sub tot 787 points

less 25% reduction for early plea 197 points
sub tot 590 points

carryover points 93 points
Total 683 points

Six weeks with 83 carryover points. Haynes base points are 325 which is reduced to 243 points with early plea therefore 2 weeks suspension and 43 carryover points and he has no pevious conviction on a dang throw so no loading.

If hodges gets downgraded to a dangerous 2 (Same as Hayne) he will still get 4 weeks because of his prior conviction

I think Hodges will plead guilty, but fight the grading.

Hodges has accepted an early plea and a six week suspension

So he should!

Well done on making the correct decision Hodgo.

I wont comment much about the tackles themselves as both were fairly ordinary, but the judiciary system is utter garbage, but that is a story for another day.
I've never been a fan of this "plead guilty" system.

Do byes count in suspensions? If they do, then he'll technically only really miss 3 games for us that he would have played had he not been suspended (He'd miss 2 Origin games and 1 bye round)

Alec said:
Do byes count in suspensions? If they do, then he'll technically only really miss 3 games for us that he would have played had he not been suspended (He'd miss 2 Origin games and 1 bye round)

No. He will be back in rnd 20

Active Now

• Jazza
  • BruiserMk1
  • Morkel
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • bert_lifts
  • winslow_wong
  • ezpz
  • RodF
  • LGH
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Redux
  • Santa
  • Spooky1013
  • broncs30
... and 43 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.