Hodges on report

B

broncoangel

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I guess the major blow out of tonights thrilling game is that Justin was put on report for a lifting tackle.

Apparently, according to 9, he has 93 (or so) carry over points, so if he is found guilty he is gone. Thoughts anyone?

I really like Hodges, and I think some of the niggling in his game is ok. But so many times he has been too close to the shit he has done tonight.

You can be a smart ass on the field, but still have discipline. Quite dissapointed in him actually.. Not only did he **** Origin, but he has also put the Broncos in an even worst position than they are normally through the Origin period..

Oh well.. hopefully lesson will be learnt.

Yeah, he's definitely going to miss a few weeks. QLD are screwed IMO, not only because Hodges is a great player, but because our entire balance will be ruined, and Tate will probably have to play again.

Alec said:
Yeah, he's definitely going to miss a few weeks. QLD are screwed IMO, not only because Hodges is a great player, but because our entire balance will be ruined, and Tate will probably have to play again.

He has never set the world on fire for QLD tbh. I don't think it is that huge a loss. I would stick Hunt in the centres with Gasnier out, defensively we could get away with it.

The Rock said:
Gone for 6. Easily.

If Rogers got 4 for his efforts, Hodges will easily get 6 with his carry over points PLUS Hodges throw was 10 times worse than Rogers incident.

6 easily? I doubt that very much. It was stupid, but the thing the judiciary seem to really frown upon is when the tackler drives a player into the ground. Hodges realised he'd stuffed up and let go pretty quickly. I reckon he'll get 2-3.

Gone for 4-6.

Least this makes getting Locky back in an easier situation without having to drop anyone.

1-6. The judiciary is ridiculously unpredictable and inconsistent.

I love how the fat prick played the tackle too "Ouch.. it hurts", up the tunnel, doctor makes him nod and shake his head, and he's back out ready to go. Soft prick.

Nashy said:
I love how the fat prick played the tackle too "Ouch.. it hurts", up the tunnel, doctor makes him nod and shake his head, and he's back out ready to go. Soft prick.

i feel he played the actual throw a bit too, he seemed to fling into the air quite easily.

both Hodges and Hayne should've been sent off, imo. Both were disgusting cheap tackles against unsuspecting players.

Crazy Sam said:
both Hodges and Hayne should've been sent off, imo. Both were disgusting cheap tackles against unsuspecting players.

I do somewhat agree with you and wouldn't have argued at either decision, both cheap both potentially very dangerous.

he wouldnt have done it if Hayne's tackle didnt happen. unfortunatley thats a part of Hodges game.

Will be gone for a while.

I guess Stagg will be put in the centres.

Hodges = KNOB but he is an awesome player, gone for 4 weeks. The pig did lay down like an overweight Turd though

The Rock said:
2-3? If Hodges gets 2-3 it'll be an absolute disgrace IMO. Rogers got 4 for his (with no carry over points I believe) and Rogers one was no where near as bad. Have a look at it again. Hodges was late, he grabs him and throws him on the ground. It was completely hozitontal, it was a terrible, terrible tackle. There is absolutely no way that they could rule that Hodges and Rogers incidents were equal.

I'm not going to compare it with the Rogers tackle because he got way too many weeks, and the judiciary seem to have realised this and relaxed a little.

I'll say it again: he didn't drive Riddell into the ground. In the past, the judiciary seem to favour tackles where the player pulls out early. I'm not commenting on whether they are right or wrong in doing so, it's just an observation.

Whatever he gets, I hope he comes back with a new attitude.

I thought Haynes tackle after the whistle on Carroll was way worse

spoonbled said:
he wouldnt have done it if Hayne's tackle didnt happen. unfortunatley thats a part of Hodges game.

Will be gone for a while.

I guess Stagg will be put in the centres.

Stagg in the centres is 1 trillion times better than Stagg at 5/8th, so I wouldn't mind as much. We should be giving Moon a go there though

3 to 4 weeks, with Hayne getting the same. Gee he has turned into a real grub Hayne !!!

The Rock said:
schmix said:
I'm not going to compare it with the Rogers tackle because he got way too many weeks, and the judiciary seem to have realised this and relaxed a little.

I'll say it again: he didn't drive Riddell into the ground. In the past, the judiciary seem to favour tackles where the player pulls out early. I'm not commenting on whether they are right or wrong in doing so, it's just an observation.

Whatever he gets, I hope he comes back with a new attitude.

I know he didn't drive him into the ground but the reason why I think the judiciary will be hard on him is because It was late. He had time to pull out, he had time to think about the tackle but it was completely careless. He flipped Riddell on his head in a complete horizontal positon. It was like as though it was intentional.

Fair call, it was late and I hadn't really taken that into account. I still don't think 6 weeks though, maybe 3-4. Just enough time to get the screws in his head tightened.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Socnorb
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Bongo
  • pennywisealfie
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • Jazza
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.