Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

Glad to see him back on the paddock.

Got to say he does look very health. I have no problem with the extra bulk he is carrying. Actually could come in handy in attack if he does make it back this year. His fitness may be lacking but he will sort that out!!

Coxy I think you made the club put out that video with your rant!
Your little go at the club made them put out a Hodges video.

In other words you are responsible for giving another 2.5minutes of video about Justin Hodges, I am forever grateful :D :P

Sounds promising but by the looks of it if he is back he won't be back before last round or two before the finals.
The great one will be extremely helpful to our premiership chances if he takes the field again with full fitness in the finals. He has probably bulked up because of the lack of cardiovascular training during his rehab and would have put of a focus on resistance training which will help his on-field play, especially as he's very much a strength player rather than speed, and if done right will help prevent a recurrence of the injury.

Coincidence isn't it? I point out fans are constantly asking when Hodgo will be back, 2 days later there's a vid on the web site. LOLZ

Coxy said:
Coincidence isn't it? I point out fans are constantly asking when Hodgo will be back, 2 days later there's a vid on the web site. LOLZ
Haha, first thing I thought when I saw the link on website was LOL Coxy's rant made them put out this video for sure.

I think that's a good thing though, it shows the club was/is listening to fans.

INJURED Bronco Justin Hodges has hit out at claims his career is in jeopardy and has vowed to prove his critics wrong by winning back his Queensland and Test jumpers.

Hodges' declaration came as the Broncos ace also set the record straight on his future at the club, saying he had no plans to seek a release to play in England next season. Hodges admits there is a slim chance he may not return this season, but he is eyeing a comeback against Parramatta in round 23. The veteran of 12 Origin matches plans to begin running in a fortnight and says he is no stranger to exhaustive recoveries after undergoing knee and shoulder reconstructions in the past six years.

"I had a blood vessel which was attached to my tendon and it was causing a burning pain. That was affecting my ability to run. But I got a needle last week which helped clear the blood vessels up and it's now feeling good as gold," he said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5893374322

Sounds like Hodges is planning to be back for the Parra game. Lets hope so icon_thumbs_u

He plans to start running in 2 weeks....so he hasn't run in 6 months, but hopes to be back 2 weeks after first starting to run? Bit of a stretch if you ask me

Anonymous person said:
He plans to start running in 2 weeks....so he hasn't run in 6 months, but hopes to be back 2 weeks after first starting to run? Bit of a stretch if you ask me

Nah i dont know why he said he plays to start running in 2 weeks because Broncos TV showed him running the other day. He is already running believe me!!

Anonymous person said:
He's already running by the looks of it. It's probably more about strengthening the areas of concern and making absolutely sure it's 100% healed/recovered to minimise the risk of re-injury.

I hope he's right, it's not unrealistic for him to be back by round 23 and that's about perfect gives him a good 3 games to get in the grove of things. If he came back by round 25/26 I would be a lot more worried about how he might perform.

He'll most likely get his origin jersey back, not too sure about the test jersey though but if he does return to top form I can't see why not. Although unless we win the premiership and he plays a good part in it he won't play for AUS until at least next year.

I would be happy if he didn't play till next season to be honest

Good to hear he has the fire in the belly and wants to play on for us.

I hope he can get over this injury though and be back for us come finals time

I am all for letting Hodges stay on after next season if he plays the majority of games next season. I'd be giving him a pay cut though.

The Rock said:
AP, Coxy etc, why are you so doubtful about his form when he returns? I understand his injury as being a reason and that's fine as it's a pretty serious injury but IF he works really hard and does all the necessary rehab in the off season, is there any other reason why he can't return to his best?

A) He's only 28. That's not old. Especially considering he's only played 170 games! His body is only really that of a 25 year old.
he doesnt have the body of a 25 year old. hes had a shoulder reconstruction, a knee reconstruction, and now torn his achilles clean off the bone, amongst other injuries. sure, some parts of him might not have taken as much punishment as most other 28 year olds, but certain INTEGRAL parts of his body have takne a LOT more damage than most other 28 year olds.

Quite frankly i think unless hes in brilliant form next year that he shouldnt get picked for QLD. Tonga has been there for the last however many games in 2009 and 2010, has done the job perfectly, and has been in great form in a team thats been getting smashed every week. you dont just drop him because Hodges is available, you only drop him if Hodges' form is outstanding.

im doubtful about his form when he comes back because his right foot step is his main attacking weapon. thats all he does to make breaks basically, that combined with a fend. there is no way his right leg will be back to full strength, or that his confidence in it will be either. no way.

Lets get Hodges back on the field before we bicker about how long he can continue playing..

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Robboi_321
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • bert_lifts
  • Stix
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.