Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

We need Hodges fresh and fuly fit for next season.

We can win this year without Hodges. The question is who to keep with Folau. I go for Glenn. He's done extremely well. His defence is excellent.

I see Gillett's greatest impact off the bench in the back row, running wide as an extra centre. Same with T'eo as the starting backrower with Thaiday.

rnabokov said:

We can win this year without Hodges. The question is who to keep with Folau. I go for Glenn. He's done extremely well. His defence is excellent.

Haha.. we are no hope of winning the premiership this year without hodges.

renouf said:
rnabokov said:

I don't agree, I think we can take all the teams in the comp even without hodges.

renouf said:
rnabokov said:

Why?

Coxy said:
renouf said:
rnabokov said:

Why?

The games will get a lot tougher in the finals and I don't think our attack is good enough to trouble the better sides.

That said I don't rate really 'the better sides', but I can just see us getting knocked out. Hodges' experience, defence, attack etc would be sorely missed in the finals.

I dunno, I'll take a 20-26 game 2010 player over Hodges at this stage of the year. Hodges will be nervous about the injury no doubt, and people are unrealistic in their expectations about what he will be like versus what he used to be like.

Maybe he'll get back there, but not before September. I'd prefer he spends the time getting fitness into the injury and have a blockbusting 2011.

Obviously if he isn't fit enough to play then any other player will be better, but some of our younger guys are likely to get caught out in the finals.

renouf said:
Obviously if he isn't fit enough to play then any other player will be better, but some of our younger guys are likely to get caught out in the finals.

Which ones?? Most of our squad has played finals footy. I know Gillett and Dodds haven't but thats about it from our 17 playing against the Titans..

it never ceases to amaze me how high of a pedestal some of the people on here put Hodges.

on his day, yes, hes a great player. the problem is that his day comes around maybe 3 times a year, and thats provided he plays at least 10 games a year. the rest of the time hes just useless dummy half runs and flat footed attack. hes not some sort of saviour for the broncos, and hes not even our best player when fully fit. we've shown that we can do just fine without him, and with the 'quality' of the competition this year theres no doubt we can give it a real shake without him. our centres have been among the best in the league to be honest, and thats with Gilett and Folau - not hodges.

quite frankly, i think if hodges DOES come back for the finals we are LESS of a chance of winning that if he doesnt.

Hodges isn't fit to step into black c*** Inglis' shoes at all.

If Hodges is fit, (lol) then maybe. But he's never fit. Cut him loose.

m1c said:
Hodges > Inglis in the NRL
i dont think you really have much to back that up with.

Inglis has played about 40 less games (in half the time Hodges has been playing, mind you) and has scored more tries, and has single basically single-handedly won Melbourne games. Hodges can only play well when the teams playing well.

Anonymous person said:
quite frankly, i think if hodges DOES come back for the finals we are LESS of a chance of winning that if he doesnt.

Seriously? Our defence is rock solid in the centre's with Glen. But TBH he offers almost nothing in attack. Hodges would match Glen's defennce and would kill him in attack even at 75%. The Broncos would be a lot better of with hodges in the side. Even if its just for his kick chase and reving the players up.

He is a leader on the field and thats what we will need come finals time icon_thumbs_u

Assuming is 100% fit and confident, yes, he's far better in the centres than Glenn. I just still have grave doubts about whether he will be either fit or confident.

All arguements on Hodges are flawed because he is never on the field. If he does get back then great but at the moment it is unlikely we will see the Hodges we have grown to rely on. We really need to sign Inglis or a gun centre because we are lacking strike power outwide and we could turn into a Titans like side with no Punch in the centres.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Broncosgirl
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Howie
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.