Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

but thats also my point! 1 great season does not make him this legend. u need more than 1 season of brillance to be remembered as a class player. if thats all it takes then ****, most teams are full of Gods

QUEENSLANDER said:
but thats also my point! 1 great season does not make him this legend. u need more than 1 season of brillance to be remembered as a class player. if thats all it takes then ****, most teams are full of Gods

No doubting that. But then you've had a go at me about bagging Hayne fans (not that I ever have, but still the point you were making).

I am going to leave it at there and give you the benefit of the doubt and say you worded it wrong and that you believe in 2006 Justin Hodges was outstanding icon_thumbs_u

Of course hodges was brilliant in 2006 mate, theres no denying that, i just think some people have set the bar ridiculously high for his form to return to. expecting him to ever recreate that form, injury or not, is unrealistic. he is on too much of a mantle for what the rest of his career has delivered

Oh for sure I agree 1000% on that one. It is extremely optimistic to think he will ever reach the heights of 2006-2007 again.

Not everyone seems to know that, some people want him rushed back in. My main point was... why does everyone hold him on such a high mantle with such high expectations (regardless of injury) when he has only really had 1 great season?

It was also extremely optimistic to think we would go close to being one of the best teams in the comp with most predicting we will just be making the numbers if we even make the finals but from what we've shown on our day I doubt any team can beat us. That's fine as well, I'm always extremely optimistic towards the Broncos and their players.

Hodges is only 28, he's still relatively fresh playing wise. If he doesn't play again this season and has all off season to prepare for next year and be injury free and what not I have no doubt he can return to being a great player again, 2006/2007(where he was carrying the team) not quiet, he was about 24 back then around peak age for a centre. That's not one good season either btw, that's 2 where he was brilliant and he was still very good in 08/09 just not on the field as much and while not in peak/god form he was still in the top 2-3 centres in the game.

Even if he wasn't brilliant god like in 08/09 fact is he was still one of our best week in week out, he is always in everything, always has tricks in his bag and is/was our go to man on virtually every attacking play. Folau as good as he is still doesn't have as much impact as Hodges. Hodges and Locky (along with K) basically ran the show every week when most other centres go missing most weeks Hodges was always in the thick of it and playing till the death. You only have to look at last year, when he played for us we automatically looked like a better side, like the entire team looked more confident and players around him brim with confidence.

I know a lot of people don't like him but there's a good reason he's one of the highest paid at the club and that's because he is one of the best at the club. Age isn't an issue, it's fitness and mental strength. It will take him a good few months before he returns to being a top centre again but it's just pessimistic to think he couldn't return to very good form simply because he's had lots of injuries.He did win our our best back award for 2009 btw, it's not that long ago.

He won't return to his best like 3-4 years ago, he's past that peak age but he will return to being very good for us and tear up oppositions along with Lockyer, Inglis and Hoffman _woohoo_

Not to mention his 2005 season when he returned to the Broncos. Shit he played well that year too. Had plenty of critics that year as well, including a very vocal bagging of him by the BHQ Crew at Toowoomba which prompted a verbal retaliation from the Hodges family!!!!!

I make that 4 great seasons.

Jeba said:
Not to mention his 2005 season when he returned to the Broncos. Shit he played well that year too. Had plenty of critics that year as well, including a very vocal bagging of him by the BHQ Crew at Toowoomba which prompted a verbal retaliation from the Hodges family!!!!!

That bagging was in 2003 I think...

Yeah, that was the year he came back to the Broncos. It was his first game, and he played FB against... the Storm?

No but seriously. He's useless. He's never going to be what he was, he's just going to hold us back.

Coxy said:
Jeba said:

Nah definately 2005. It was the first year I moved to Brissie, which was 2005 (I remember because we all drived back to Brisbane via Gatton Maccas). 2003 was still living in Stanvegas!!

For the record, we bagged him because he played fullback that night and absolutely gifted a try to the Raiders. We ended up winning though.

QUEENSLANDER said:
and how long ago is that.. 3 - 4 years... yet all i hear on here is how he is still this legendary centre that is a class above most. realistically, if he gets back on the field, he will be a shadow of the player we saw in 2006, and not even close to being an aussie or QLD rep
Realistically, none of us has a clue to what he will be able to achieve once he returns to full form.
When Locky returned from his knee injury, everyone was bagging him and putting him the "finished" basket, yet another year later he is at his very best. He's 33!

Hodges is 28 and will probably not be at his best this season if he returns, but to categorically say that he won't return to his best in the future is a very premature call.

TBH, I expect him to fire up to his very best alongside Locky and Inglis next year... [icon_pray.

i expect him to get injured again, suspended again, or just run from dummy half over and over but thats just the reality part of my brain talking.. hopefully im proven wrong

QUEENSLANDER said:
i expect him to get injured again, suspended again, or just run from dummy half over and over
Some of us prefer to look at things from an optimistic perspective. [icon_shru
I generally find it more pleasant living too! [icon_wink

Jeba said:
Coxy said:
Jeba said:

Nah definately 2005. It was the first year I moved to Brissie, which was 2005 (I remember because we all drived back to Brisbane via Gatton Maccas). 2003 was still living in Stanvegas!!

For the record, we bagged him because he played fullback that night and absolutely gifted a try to the Raiders. We ended up winning though.

Hmmm, no it was definitely 2003. Because I was bagging him for how much he must be enjoying playing fullback (the so called reason for leaving the Broncos) despite playing centre all through 2002.

Pretty sure it was 2005, because I remember it and I wasn't on here until June, 2003.

Last time I checked, they didn't have trials in June.

Coxy said:
Jeba said:
Coxy said:
Jeba said:

Hmmm, no it was definitely 2003. Because I was bagging him for how much he must be enjoying playing fullback (the so called reason for leaving the Broncos) despite playing centre all through 2002.

No no no!!! In 2003 Hodges was at the Roosters. Actually the Roosters did play a trial in Toowoomba in 2003 but I wasn't watching with you dudes that year, I was lapping it up in the VIP tent.

When we bagged him he was playing for the Broncos.

Jeba said:
Coxy said:
Jeba said:
Coxy said:
Jeba said:

No no no!!! In 2003 Hodges was at the Roosters. Actually the Roosters did play a trial in Toowoomba in 2003 but I wasn't watching with you dudes that year, I was lapping it up in the VIP tent.

When we bagged him he was playing for the Broncos.

Well maybe you're thinking of another time because he was playing for the Roosters the day I absolutely harassed him until he gave me the finger and his family asked me how many NRL games I'd played.

Coxy said:
Well maybe you're thinking of another time because he was playing for the Roosters the day I absolutely harassed him until he gave me the finger and his family asked me how many NRL games I'd played.
Yeah, how many NRL games did you play? eusa_think
How dare you have an opinion? [icon_razz1

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • Reds2011
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • bert_lifts
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.