Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

Coxy said:
Not a hope in hell we could've afforded both of them. We'd have had to release Hodges and Wallace....hmmm.... [eusa_doh
you never know - the 300k+ that Hodges is undoubtedly on combined with the 300k+ that Folau was already on would be awfully tempting, even in the face of the huge AFL offer.

Anonymous person said:
i know i would MUCH prefer that to inglis/hodges. both are individually better than hodges at creating breaks themselves, and folau is a try scoring machine. both also play more than 5 games a season.
Wouldn't it be easier to just support the Storm from the start rather then waiting for their players to wear our colours? icon_thumbs_u

Anonymous person said:
Coxy said:
Not a hope in hell we could've afforded both of them. We'd have had to release Hodges and Wallace....hmmm.... [eusa_doh
you never know - the 300k+ that Hodges is undoubtedly on combined with the 300k+ that Folau was already on would be awfully tempting, even in the face of the huge AFL offer.
And you never know we could have saved all our money for Folau only to have the Hunt saga all over again where we lose players because we put all our eggs in one basket... eusa_think

draggx said:
Wouldn't it be easier to just support the Storm from the start rather then waiting for their players to wear our colours? icon_thumbs_u
F#ck me dead some people are idiots lol. Wouldn't you want the best players for your team? Inglis and folau are 2 of the best centres in the game, and I think they'd be better to have than hodges.

The immaturity of some of you guys continues to astound me.

Anonymous person said:
draggx said:
F#ck me dead some people are idiots lol. Wouldn't you want the best players for your team? Inglis and folau are 2 of the best centres in the game, and I think they'd be better to have than hodges.

Inglis is an awesome centre for sure no doubt....Izzy well i hate him at centre and prefer him as a winger so no imo they are not the 2 best centres in the game.

As for immaturity, care to look over some of your useless attacks at opinions on here? Actually i could bet my left nut if i didn't say anything right now your next post would be bagging out my opinion on Izzy and telling me how I "know nothing" blah blah blah.

draggx said:
Anonymous person said:
draggx said:

Inglis is an awesome centre for sure no doubt....Izzy well i hate him at centre and prefer him as a winger so no imo they are not the 2 best centres in the game.

As for immaturity, care to look over some of your useless attacks at opinions on here? Actually i could bet my left nut if i didn't say anything right now your next post would be bagging out my opinion on Izzy and telling me how I "know nothing" blah blah blah.

Well said.

Folau up to now was and remains a winger, a very good winger who also played like one in the centres. In time, maybe he could have become a great centre.

If I had to choose today between Inglis, Hodges and Folau for my 2 centres, Izzy would be on the wing.

Anonymous person said:
Coxy said:

we reportedly offered him 500k+ unless the offer was near 1 mill a season he was always going

rnabokov said:
Well said.

Folau up to now was and remains a winger, a very good winger who also played like one in the centres. In time, maybe he could have become a great centre.

If I had to choose today between Inglis, Hodges and Folau for my 2 centres, Izzy would be on the wing.
in your opinion.

in mine he was always a centre who could jump and catch a ball and has the power to beat his opposite man one-on-one, so they put him on the wing where those 2 talents are incredibly useful.

he has the fend and step of a centre, and we saw that many times with the way he could just stand up his man - and often more than 1 person - and make a line break. this year he really blossomed and had a much better year as a player than he did last year, and its no coincidence that it was with him at centre instead of wing.

now obviously if i had inglis, hodges and folau in my squad and had to choose 2 of them as centres, id choose inglis and hodges - but only because folau can play wing, whereas hodges cant. if i could only have 2 of them though, itd be folau and inglis in the centres without a doubt.

What somewhat surprises me about all the Folau love is that he's incredibly slow. He'd be one of the slowest outside backs in the competition. And he had a poor ability to link with support players when making a break.

Close to the line, yes he's lethal, but from a way out from the line, if he made a break it was pretty easy for the defence to close it down.

He had a long way to go in his development.

hodges isnt exactly a rocket either though.

when folau would make breaks, sure he would get run down, but he would still make the break and more often than not make 30+ metres before being caught. its usually size+strength OR speed. players with both are few and far between, thats why inglis is so damaging.

i agree, he did have a long way to go in his development as a centre. but from what ive seen, hes always been a natural centre. i mean, if a guy isnt fast hes not a winger, is he? thats basically a requirement of a winger.

Yeah, but you and others are going on about Folau being the biggest loss to the game in history. He's not.

I thought Folau was exceptional this year, I was a major critic of him playing in the centres but he has definitely left me eating humble pie. IMO he developed into one of, if not the, best centre(s) in the game. His ability to continually create space for himself and beat the first and often second tackle was phenomenal. The kid is a genuine superstar and no other player in the comp caused more headaches to left edge defenses than him.

It's a shame because he's going to suck over in AFL.

Coxy said:
Yeah, but you and others are going on about Folau being the biggest loss to the game in history. He's not.

who is then?

izzy is by a mile to me. he is already one of the best centres in the game, also one of the best wingers in the game, and one of the leading try scorers, and hes only what? 21 / 22 ?! all other players that left were past their best, except tuqiri, but imo, he never had the power and skill that izzy already displays.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Coxy said:

who is then?

izzy is by a mile to me. he is already one of the best centres in the game, also one of the best wingers in the game, and one of the leading try scorers, and hes only what? 21 / 22 ?! all other players that left were past their best, except tuqiri, but imo, he never had the power and skill that izzy already displays.

He would have gone close to Ken Irvine's record if he kept his current rate of scoring up. Pretty impressive considering most thought that would be out of reach for any modern day player.

Hmmm, I dunno. I think Tuqiri was a much bigger loss. He was as strong and powerful as Izzy, had oodles of skill, and was lightning quick.

He's done well coming back 7 years later, but still, we missed out on his best years.

Izzy might've developed into something great, but IMO at this stage he was still just a potential star with some glaring deficiencies in his game that hadn't been worked out yet (defensive positioning, working with support players, draw and pass, speed - not something he could necessarily improve).

Coxy said:
Hmmm, I dunno. I think Tuqiri was a much bigger loss. He was as strong and powerful as Izzy, had oodles of skill, and was lightning quick.

He's done well coming back 7 years later, but still, we missed out on his best years.

Izzy might've developed into something great, but IMO at this stage he was still just a potential star with some glaring deficiencies in his game that hadn't been worked out yet (defensive positioning, working with support players, draw and pass, speed - not something he could necessarily improve).

I totally agree with Coxy.

Folau is a winger.

each to their own, but to say hes definitely not the biggest loss and then say "i dunno" when asked who is a bigger loss just goes to show that its not black and white.

He's right up there, I'm not denying that. But I'm not losing sleep over it and the Broncos would be fine, even if we weren't getting Inglis.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Stix
  • theshed
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • winslow_wong
  • ezpz
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • The True King
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • mrslong
  • Aldo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.